It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California food police gone wild: conduct door-to-door raw milk confiscation operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

In a bombshell revelation of the depth of the food police state that now exists in LA County, California, NaturalNews has learned that the LA County health department has unleashed door-to-door raw milk confiscation teams to threaten and intimidate raw dairy customers into surrendering raw milk products they legally purchased and own.

According to Mark McAfee (see quotes below), both LA County and San Diego county have attempted to acquire customer names and addresses from Organic Pastures (www.OrganicPastures.com) for the sole purpose of sending "food confiscation teams" to customers' homes to remove the raw milk from customers' refrigerators. Using both phone calls and home visits, these teams intimidate customers and try to force them to give up their milk.

LA County has already conducted armed raids on raw milk distribution centers -- are armed raids on raw milk customers next? Will LA County Health Department investigators start calling on the police to go door to door, arresting raw milk owners as if they were crack dealers?

Remember: The raw milk from Organic Pastures is legally sold, legally purchased, and greatly enjoyed by its customers. There are virtually no complaints about this product. Customers love it. Only the government wants to confiscate it and destroy it.

(Source)

I think I have officially become desensitized to EVERYTHING. There is nothing that can be done that will suprise me anymore. Seriously, raw milk is that much of a threat?

With everything going on in the world; the economy in shambles, the huge debt this country is in and the best thing the government can do with tax dollar is THIS? Are you kidding me?

edit on 18-5-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is why you never give your real name, sign up for mailing(or emailing) lists or do anything else that can specifically identify you; even when engaging in legal activities. It will be turned against you when the time comes to take that particular freedom away from you.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I get that this is wrong and stupid and corrupt and all that, but what's the deal with raw milk?

I, for one, love the occasional fleck of poo in my coffee or cereal.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I manage a health food store in San Diego and we recently had to pull all of the Organic Pastures raw milk products of the shelf. This is the second time this year that we've had to do this. So far we haven't had any officials come to our store to confiscate the milk. We sent back all the products the Organic Pastures.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
I get that this is wrong and stupid and corrupt and all that, but what's the deal with raw milk?

I, for one, love the occasional fleck of poo in my coffee or cereal.

The milk industry has a big problem with it because it's eating into their profits...

Even considering big industry milk is one of the worst things you could possibly consume.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that police are henchmen. Yes like the ones in the comics, they even have the turtle armor suits. Only these henchmen are contracted. I really do not under stand the logic behind getting rid of raw milk. Some say it cuts profits out of the bigger company's but most of the people drinking raw milk would not touch that toxic stew. They would not buy it, so how is it cutting into profits? Maybe their is something bigger going on hear.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just another part of agenda 21. They want all nutritional food sources gone so that we will be weak, stupid and easily controlled.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The article does not state that the police have gone door to door, that is kind of misleading.
What the article has said is, the police have attempted to get a customer list.
It is legal for the "authorities" to ask but without a warrant, said stores may tel them to go punch sand.
This seems like some theorist is making busy work.
Look into Truth Publishing International, LTD a lil bit ehh?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I totally support the use of raw milk, and drink it often.

BUT a few problems with this article.

One, 'door to door' implies doing just that, going to every house in an area. They didnt do that. According to the article, they went to one house.

Which brings me to my second problem with the article. All we have as proof of this even happening is a quote from a guy at Organic Pastures. We dont even have quotes from the woman he claims had the health department came to her home. I'd like to see some actual evidence of the supposed home visit.

Now, I wouldnt be surprised. Health Depts are notoriously heavily handed in their approach, and often breach their jurisdiction/mandate. But as far as 'news' goes, this article lacks a lot of facts, and fails to mention that Organic Pastures has had two recalls in the past 6 months due to contamination and customer sickness.

Based on other news sources it appears Organic Pastures had a recall because ecoli and campylobacter was found in their milk. If that is true, then a recall is necessary.

Raw milk from a Central California dairy is being recalled after tests confirmed bacteria called campylobacter was found in its raw cream.

State health officials say at least 10 people have fallen ill after consuming products from Organic Pastures in Fresno County between January and April. None were hospitalized.

California State Veterinarian Annette Whiteford issued a quarantine order for the dairy's products Thursday. The state also issued a statewide recall of its raw milk, raw skim milk, raw cream and raw butter. Consumers are urged to dispose of any of the dairy's products they may have.

The dairy's owner, Mark McAfee, says he believes the test results are incorrect. He has requested a hearing with the California Department of Food and Agriculture Friday.

It's the second recall in six months for the company, which was forced to recall milk contaminated with E.coli in December.

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 18-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This is a much more comprehensive, less hyperbolic and sensational article on the subject:

www.foodsafetynews.com...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Not trying to derail your topic but, Food Police! You actually have Food Cops, I worked with some U.S engineers a few years back and they were dumb founded that we had rail road cops, one actually got a fine, it was actually quite funny.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Do not believe the BS from naturalnews.

They've been caught out lying and failing to tell the whole story before...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This story is just more BS spouted by Mike Adams...

First off. Selling raw milk in California is perfectly legal, providing you follow the standard food handling standards that EVERY food vendor in California must follow...

And it seems the dairy in question, Organic Pastures distributed milk products that made 10 people ill.

The proper procedure is to stop production and inform anyone who has bought the specific products to discard it so they don't get sick.

This is why the county health officials wanted the customer list.

California State Veterinarian Annette Whiteford issued a quarantine order for the dairy's products Thursday. The state also issued a statewide recall of its raw milk, raw skim milk, raw cream and raw butter. Consumers are urged to dispose of any of the dairy's products they may have.

The dairy's owner, Mark McAfee, says he believes the test results are incorrect. He has requested a hearing with the California Department of Food and Agriculture Friday.

It's the second recall in six months for the company, which was forced to recall milk contaminated with E.coli in December.

www.businessweek.com...

Simply put Organic Pastures did not practice safe food handling practices and had products recalled because of it.

Customers need to be notified.

There is no nefarious intent here...well except from Mike Adams and his vicious and misleading stories.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
America's tax dollars at work.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

don't answer the door

if they kick your door in
shoot 'em

"oops, [since i'm not doing anything illegal] i had my headphones on and when the door came flying in,
i thought it was a break in, so sorry"

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Is this the whole story? Was the product sold by the raw milk producers controlled and in line with regulations?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
These things are the inevitable consequence of creating ever more agencies. If agencies operated as claimed, they would work themselves out of existence by reducing the problems they purportedly address. But they become more concerned with their own survival and revenue stream. By those motivations they are forced to continuously look for new things to regulate and thereby expand operations.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jannerfish
These things are the inevitable consequence of creating ever more agencies. If agencies operated as claimed, they would work themselves out of existence by reducing the problems they purportedly address. But they become more concerned with their own survival and revenue stream. By those motivations they are forced to continuously look for new things to regulate and thereby expand operations.

That doesnt make sense. How has the health department created 'new rules' in this instance? These are very old rules, being applied to a new business. You cant blame the health department for that.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What is so great about raw milk anyway? It shouldnt be consumed by children or people with a weak immune system, does not sound like the bestest of products. Chances are milk to begin with is not any more bad or worse for you than water, seen as many people just pass it through with gaseous outcomes.

new topics

top topics

join