It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Summit...Something is in the works...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I've been reading the many posts on the NATO Summit taking place this weekend in Chicago. We've known for months and months this was going to happen, and in the meantime there have been several posts regarding possible outcomes.
I have to wonder? Is this just a normal routine to have armed drones, KC 135 tankers, F-16's, and military helicopters all to protect the airspace around the city?
I live in mid state Illinois, south of Chicago. Daily I see SH-60's in the airspace all the time. Never, ever, in my life have I seen so much military traffic in this area.
I realize these schmucks are regarded as highly important leaders, but I have an uneasy feeling there is more to this story than I can fit to the puzzle.
Talks of possible marshal law if things heat up, or even talks of a WMD being set off during this Summit. I don't know what is truly going on, or if in fact this is just "run of the mill" wasteful spending. Anybody else want to respond to my thoughts or add some hypothesis of their own?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

Wasteful spending?
Surely our government would never indulge in THAT....(sarcasm)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Oh no, they never spend wastefully. I've been wanting to drive to the city just to see if it's as bad as people are claiming. I have a good friend who lives near downtown. She said she's getting the hell out of there this weekend. She left yesterday and came downstate. If I drove up there..I may not get to leave...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Watching it live through ustreamers. Unprecedented police force in the streets. If you want a sneak peak at what a totalitarian dictatorship and police state looks like, watch the protests. Its absolutely retarded. They show up in such force to instil fear, fear works in two ways, it gets those not ready to fight for the cause off the streets and second, it riles up those ready to fight. Then, when the protest turns ugly, they blame it on them when it was the police presence that sparked it.

Yup, totally the protestors fault when you have row after row after row of riot police geared, baton wielding assholes just waiting for the whistle to blow. A disgrace to the constitution and to the freedom of people everywhere.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Psychological "notice" that we're under the boot, while still maintaining publicly that nothing has changed and we're still a "freedom-loving" country. But the intent, the message, is unmistakable at a subconscious level--at least for those of us who are awake enough to read it....

ETA: I've been trying to decide for awhile whether they're trying to draw us into outright bloody revolution. All the signs seem to point to it. It'd be a massacre, of course. But whether by slow erosion or outright blasting, they intend to win in the end.

Of course we'll see about that....
edit on 5/18/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
its hard not to notice something is up....it feels like chicago and london are being militarized at the moment using nato and the olympics by convience.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm trying to separate the facts from the disinformation.
From what I gather, there is an unprecedented military presence in Chicago right now.
What are the plans for protests? Just marching in the streets?
I read somewhere that they have had city-wide evacuation drills?
Links? Articles?
Where can I get realtime info on this? I want to stay on top of these events.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Do you have a link to the live stream?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayki
What are the plans for protests? Just marching in the streets?
I read somewhere that they have had city-wide evacuation drills?
Links? Articles?
Where can I get realtime info on this? I want to stay on top of these events.

type NATO Chicago protests into youtube and then go to filters and pick upload date today so that you can see the latest videos uploaded straight from the protest.

if you have facebook you can do the same into the public posts search, up to date real time posts by people there

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
They already arrested 3 on terrorism charges for the precrime of making bombs, which was actually beer making supplies according to ap news. When Jared Loughner killed 6 people including a nine year old, a federal judge, and injured a congresswoman, it was not called terrorism, but this is? Folks this may be the false flag we were predicting, it sets the stage for domestic terrorism charges, even if it gets overturned in court, the precedent has been set. And with NDAA in motion it may not be overturned in court.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Thanks for that MyMaker.....*kneels before you*

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Thank you, sir!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

I appreciate that!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

I hope , pray , or believe that we'll be thanking "whatever one believes in" on Monday morning that everything went peacefully for the citizens sake...
I however, will brace myself for disturbing news and a heightened level of anxiety.

new topics

top topics

join