It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rightmindedness - thoughts about the 'end'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think it is likely the end is nigh.
But I think that it should not be feared.

I am unsure who said it - perhaps the Buddha - but we should not fear the impermanent, the ephemeral, the temporary. And that is this life, and this planet. Our souls are eternal! We are wearing fragile flesh suits. And having the time to post here says to me that posters (including myself) are very lucky, and above the life of billions on this planet, who suffer and toil. And if the planet isn't on the way out, global tyranny will certainly be on the menu.

I know a baby's smile is glorious; real love is beautiful; nature is astounding; etc - But what is next?

In short; if something huge comes, I'm ready to shuffle off this mortal coil. For me, if it comes I hope its swift and as painless as possible.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
think, believe , create. keep thinking the end is nigh and that may be the case. try a new beginning instead of the end and see where that takes us

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
think, believe , create. keep thinking the end is nigh and that may be the case. try a new beginning instead of the end and see where that takes us

Nah, that thinking is New Age/Oprah/Satanic thought. Clinging to impermanence. Rise above that.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bulldetector

Nah, that thinking is New Age/Oprah/Satanic thought. Clinging to impermanence. Rise above that.

lol think, believe, create came from buddah there guy, didn't expect you do figure that out on your own though, my fault though, i should've thought , believed , and created a version of you that wasn't blinded by New Age/Oprah/Satanic thought.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
star and flag n/e ways though since you're on to something

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

lol think, believe, create came from buddah there guy, didn't expect you do figure that out on your own though, my fault though, i should've thought , believed , and created a version of you that wasn't blinded by New Age/Oprah/Satanic thought.

The state of becoming a Buddha is enlightenment and to have no need to reincarnate. To move beyond the impermanent. You have much to learn.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
You can accept your death but I won't, I can't. The next generations depend on me, all of us to do the right thing and just accepting the situation as it is without ever knowing the true motives or causes is quite pathetic if you ask me. But go ahead and be one with the universe if that's what you're aiming for while the rest of us plot against our runaway governments and actually try to help the world rather than sit around absorbing the lies waiting for death to come knocking.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

The state of becoming a Buddha is enlightenment and to have no need to reincarnate. To move beyond the impermanent. You have much to learn.

can't achieve enlightenment if you do not believe in enlightenment, you must believe in the world around you for such things to exist in the first place, nirvana cannot be reached if you do not believe, i've learned much and have more to teach. but i'm not the buddah and he's not here to say whats what, so we'll agree to disagree. but like i said , you're on to something with this doom and gloom scenario people seem to be marching closer to.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
You can accept your death but I won't, I can't. The next generations depend on me, all of us to do the right thing and just accepting the situation as it is without ever knowing the true motives or causes is quite pathetic if you ask me. But go ahead and be one with the universe if that's what you're aiming for while the rest of us plot against our runaway governments and actually try to help the world rather than sit around absorbing the lies waiting for death to come knocking.

You have to accept death - don't you know that much?
And I said I prefer dissolution over tyranny.
Your statement could be from a hero in a Bruckheimer blockbuster. Do you really want to operate at that level?

top topics

join