It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Alright everyone.....who's a bookworm?

Just getting some new books and i need to know if there is any good authors that i haven't heard of before!

I like adventure and mysteries; thrillers and stuff that will give my grandchildren nightmares!

My fave authors are:

Wilbur Smith - love River God and Seventh Scroll
Tom Clancy - all of the Jack Ryan books
Bernard Cromwell - Sharpe books...yum!

I also like Micheal Chriton. I think he did the book called Timeline?

Anyway..couldn't figure out how to start a poll but your posts would be welcome!

Thanks guys..much appreciated!

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well if you like Cromwell, I would ask if you have read his Civil War series...and if your into historical fiction may I suggest "Glory Enough For All" (sorry can't remember the author); if you want a really really good book I must suggest "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn. No beating it...(The plot line sounds kind of hokey, but once you get past the intial cheesiness of a man discussing philosophy with a gorilla it gets really deep. Very good book, my highest recomendation); If you want a quicker sci-fi flick than Harry Turtledove does a lot of historical what-ifs (time machine brings ak-47s back to the confederates, Aliens land in the middle of WWII and the U.S. teams up with Hitler to fight them...lots more)....maybe I'll think of something more later

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Giver by ? Lowry
i can't remember the first name but i've read it 5 times and i'd love to read it again

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'd suggest Stephen King or Dean Koontz. Koontz especially seems to focus more on the psychological type of horror, but they aren't neccessarily as much horror novels, as they are thrillers, with adventure, etc.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Check out Jeff Long "The Desent" fairly well written for a first novel. Very tense and well spun tale.

top topics

join