It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Epic Win For Iceland!? (Anyone Able To Confirm?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

In Iceland, the people has made the government resign, the primary banks have been nationalized, it was decided to not pay the debt that these created with Great Britain and Holland due to their bad financial politics and a public assembly has been created to rewrite the constitution. And all of this in a peaceful way.

A whole revolution against the powers that have created the current global crisis. This is why there hasn’t been any publicity during the last two years: What would happen if the rest of the EU citizens took this as an example? What would happen if the US citizens took this as an example.

I reported a while back that Iceland had wiped out it's citizens debt.
Some people from Iceland contradicted those reports but here's another one of them.

Like to get some feedback from Icelandic people, other people's opinions are welcome as well.

IF this is all true, we should follow their lead.

So in summary of the Icelandic revolution:
-resignation of the whole government
-nationalization of the bank.
-referendum so that the people can decide over the economic decisions.
-incarcerating the responsible parties
-rewriting of the constitution by its people

source

ETA:

my other thread

Iceland wipes out citizens debt!
edit on 17-5-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There was a little air time when it happened, few months ago. Now, they cant allow you to see that there can be real change, you may end up wanting it!!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is very interesting....... there has been no news at all about this in the UK, and with the state of things here am not surprised.

With Scotland looking for devolution as soon as possible I am not sure why it hasnt been picked up....
it would help the nationalists no end to encourage the country to go on their own......

David Cameron and George Osborne would hate to start answering questions about this and have their rich friends having to contribute to the mess they have helped create.....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Didn't hear anything about it on the news here in the Netherlands either. Also haven't heard others talking about it. Great for Iceland though! I want to get out of this fake democracy and move to a better country. Iceland has certainly moved up quite a few spots with this move.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There was a bit of debate in the UK when this happened, the UK Gov't was upset that Iceland was refusing to pay anyone who lost money in the Iceland banking collapse.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is huge. How did they do it? What steps did they take? How can we do that here in the States? We need more information

Wait a minute. Unmanned drones patrolling the skies. Canadian and American troops training together. Indefinite detention of American citizens. Are they trying to stay one step ahead of this?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The fact remains that they have stolen 3.5 Billion Euros from the people of the UK and Holland. Being an English taxpayer some of that is my money.

If they want to overthrow the government and nationalise the banks then fine, but they shouldn't do it over borrrowed money they don't want to pay back. Iceland has a population of only 300,000 so 3.5 Billion Euros would go a long way. I'm sure they've all benefitted from it. Now they should pay it back. Iceland will sure have a hard time getting credit after this!

Incidentally, the source has its facts slightly wrong - Iceland isn't part of the EU.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Starred Insomniac.

It is also worth noting the number of non-indiginous votors that play a part in this so-called revolution..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

That's interesting, I wasn't aware of the non indigenous voters. Do you have any idea how many of them there are and their nationalities?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Coming soon to a nation near you.

I just can't wait.
I feel like it is Christmas Eve and I'm 5 yrs old!!!!!

This is going to be an interesting year no matter how close minded you want to be.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

What's the point of your thread? That there is no media attention? Because nothing "new" has happened in Iceland?

Iceland DID nationalize their banks.. many countries did (America did as well) however the Icelandic banks are being liquidated to private banks.

Iceland DID force the resignation of their government (as has happened in numerous European countries)
They then had to protest their new government when they attempted to honor debts to Britain.. after the protests they declined repayment.

Iceland DID NOT wipe out debts of citizens. What they did do was eliminate mortgage debts over 110% of current values. So if I had a $200k house and it was only worth $100k then the Icelandic Government eliminates $90k. Also all debts must be valued in Krona.

They did begin a national forum to discuss alterations to the constitution, some of which was done over facebook and twitter. I think it's really cool what they are doing with that.. but then again.. the city I live in has 2 times the total population of Iceland. The metro area has 5times the entire population of Iceland. It'd be one thing for a nation of millions to discuss their constitution... quite another for a tiny little country of 300k.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

"Iceland will sure have a hard time getting credit after this!"

I think thats the point. The people don't need/want credit.
It is why our nations are failing ...
I hope someone can start it here in the US.
I will back it all the way...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Why would a nationalist agenda replacing a nationalist failure be good? How painfully do we have to be disconnected from our shepherds and each other before we understand that disconnection/the pooling of "powers" is retarding and decaying our species?

Raising up a tower (flag waving/nationalism) gives the appearance of strength, but pride always falls over into chaos. To think that we can rescue ourselves from our own foolishness by the same means that continually brings us peril is nauseatingly laughable and depressing.

When, in thousands of years, have we escaped "the beast" for more than a very short time? Only in spiritual maturity (understanding/expressing understanding) can any true liberty be manifested. My master is Truth, not other men/women, but I will strive to serve all, so that I/we do not fall down like the forever failing tower builders.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deathfromabove

"Iceland will sure have a hard time getting credit after this!"

I think thats the point. The people don't need/want credit.
It is why our nations are failing ...
I hope someone can start it here in the US.
I will back it all the way...

Well they sure don't need credit now - they've got 3.5 Billion Euros of stolen money!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Probably some fifty years ago, a Finnish psychic said that during these times we're in now, the light will come from the North. I think Iceland is as far north as we go as a single nation on Earth so perhaps we all need to look at that light and see it for what it is. Iceland is lighting the way forward for us. Time to follow suit. We have only a whole lot of problems to lose.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac
Well they sure don't need credit now - they've got 3.5 Billion Euros of stolen money!

Rubbish. Pretending that they're holding a bag of "stolen money" is infantile.

The bankers (Icelandic but clearly in bed with euros) tried the same trick in many countries and failed in Iceland, while succeeding everywhere else, with massive profits. Iceland will not have the bankers back, and i think the bankers would not wish to return. Sounds ideal.

The rest of the countries with private reserve banks based on the fractional reserve system, well their problems are just growing, like the debt the bankers have created for others. In the US which will fail first i wonder? The Govt or the reserve bank? And who will be left in government?

Bravo to Iceland. A true government OF and FOR the PEOPLE who live there.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Sorry but they didn't steal the money, you handed the money over willingly as an investment, a bad investment.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by repressed

Sorry but they didn't steal the money, you handed the money over willingly as an investment, a bad investment.

i agree.

certainly the iceland populace didn´t do anything wrong with that money.

not to offend anyone from the UK or NL because i´m dutch myself.

but we can´t blame the icelandic people for this.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Why would a nationalist agenda replacing a nationalist failure be good? How painfully do we have to be disconnected from our shepherds and each other before we understand that disconnection/the pooling of "powers" is retarding and decaying our species?

Raising up a tower (flag waving/nationalism) gives the appearance of strength, but pride always falls over into chaos. To think that we can rescue ourselves from our own foolishness by the same means that continually brings us peril is nauseatingly laughable and depressing.

When, in thousands of years, have we escaped "the beast" for more than a very short time? Only in spiritual maturity (understanding/expressing understanding) can any true liberty be manifested. My master is Truth, not other men/women, but I will strive to serve all, so that I/we do not fall down like the forever failing tower builders.

I wasn't being rhetorical. I am truly curious. How is it that digging can get us out of this hole? How is it that calling down "up" will cause us to be more free? How is it that everything in this world grows from the ground up, and yet, human culture is so ignorant and arrogant that we cry out for top-down political salvation?
Failing, failing, failing!

new topics

top topics

join