It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real First Gay President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
B-rock is not gay. We all know this. Look at Michelle and his daughters.

I get it, it was a play on words, but it's untrue.

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet James Buchanan, the REAL first gay POTUS.

For fifteen years in Washington, D.C., before his presidency, Buchanan lived with his close friend, Alabama Senator William Rufus King. King became Vice President under Franklin Pierce. He became ill and died shortly after Pierce's inauguration, four years before Buchanan became President. Buchanan's and King's close relationship prompted Andrew Jackson to call King "Miss Nancy" and "Aunt Fancy", while Aaron V. Brown spoke of the two as "Buchanan and his wife." Some of the contemporary press also speculated about Buchanan's and King's relationship. The two mens' nieces destroyed their uncles' correspondence, leaving some questions about their relationship; but the length and intimacy of surviving letters illustrate "the affection of a special friendship", and Buchanan wrote of his "communion" with his housemate. In May 1844, during one of King's absences that resulted from King's appointment as minister to France, Buchanan wrote to a Mrs. Roosevelt, "I am now 'solitary and alone', having no companion in the house with me. I have gone a wooing to several gentlemen, but have not succeeded with any one of them. I feel that it is not good for man to be alone, and [I] should not be astonished to find myself married to some old maid who can nurse me when I am sick, provide good dinners for me when I am well, and not expect from me any very ardent or romantic affection.

Source

Let's give a little credit where credit is due and not embellish current politicians that are just trying to get your vote.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Whoever said Obama is gay?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Ummm, did you read my post? I even said it was a play on words.

Newsweek did...

Source
edit on 17-5-2012 by thesungod because: Spelling... I think I got it all.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Lol
never knew we had a real gay president before.. You learn something new every day.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It was possible he was a-sexual with a deep companionship in his male friend. But that would leave the question "was the friend a-sexual as well?"

In any regard, pretty interesting.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

google chicago bath houses
lol Brock and rahme are members

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Who cares whether a president is gay,black,white,a woman etc etc
Its irrelevant.

Whats relevant is their credibility,consistency and their policies.
Everything else is worthless knowledge that keeps you from thinking about stuff that actually matters.

What is this,the national enquirer???
edit on 17-5-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I saw a title on the news yesterday, that he was America's first female president also, just because of him appearing on the view, and his latest stance on women's issues....

They could be discussing real issues instead.......

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Agreed. Which is half my point. First Woman prez now too, geez.

top topics

join