It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever woken up and something seems off ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Sounds like an emotional hangover from the dream. The mind likes to play tricks when something deeply emotional is lingering in the subconscious. Have had the experience before thats the best I can come up with for an explanation

That's about the same thing I was getting at (: Thanks for clearing it up

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Yeah, this kind of thing has been happening around her too, all of us adults have experiences some strangeness upon waking. I tend to attribute it to dimensional shifting, and the dimensions are crossing each other.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just halfway down the first page of this thread and something breathed from behind me. Dog is under my desk and everyone else is upstairs.
I'm off to put the lights on. Feeling all spooked now.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My mother was having trouble thinking clearly. This worried me worse than ever before. She said she just felt off. She has always had a keen intuition. She seems to be getting back to normal now.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Can't say i've ever experienced anything as intense as you have..

But have you ever woken up and looked at something and it looks like a face?!? That happens to me quite often right as i'm waking up i'll look at something and i'll swear I saw a face but then my eyes adjust and it's just my jacket hanging on the hook

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah, that has happened to me before - seeing a face. Or at times, when I am trying to sleep and my bedroom door is shut I swear that the shadows in the corner move.
Take last night, for example. I was laying in bed when I saw a shadow on my wall of something like a tulip swaying in the wind. The light to make the shadow was coming in through my window, reflected off the mirror on my dresser. When I looked, the only thing there was a cup, and when I looked back at the wall, the shadow was just a shadow of a cup.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I know how you must feel seeing all that. I have had dreams that were so bizzare but,not real. I will wake up the next day felling out of it. When this happens I don't fell like i'm on awake or on earth for that fact. It takes like an hour to get to normal. I don't know why things like this occur but it just does and it take place in many diffrent forms like with you. Your case could be just a sweet memory or something diffrent, nobody can say for sure.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah I dont think it was him. He wouldn't be that dumb. Or at least I hope he wouldnt ! No, I think it was just a case of a strange coincidence.

Haha that's good to know.

By the way, does your boyfriend have dark hair, big brown eyes and bigger than average nose?
That's what my brother looks like, and for some reason these features have made me give strangers a second look (from a distance) thinking it was my brother for a moment, only to notice that my brother does not wear those clothing.

My point is maybe with these facial features, from far away it's easier to mistake someone.

Or maybe I need glasses haha.
edit on 23-5-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah I dont think it was him. He wouldn't be that dumb. Or at least I hope he wouldnt ! No, I think it was just a case of a strange coincidence.

Haha that's good to know.

By the way, does your boyfriend have dark hair, big brown eyes and bigger than average nose?
That's what my brother looks like, and for some reason these features have made me give strangers a second look (from a distance) thinking it was my brother for a moment, only to notice that my brother does not wear those clothing.

My point is maybe with these facial features, from far away it's easier to mistake someone.

Or maybe I need glasses haha.
edit on 23-5-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

No he would actually stand out from where I live for different reasons ! I live in a predominately Hispanic area and he is 6 ft tall, muscular, blond hair, blue eyes, and White. So he definitely stands out when he picks me up from home.

Im still gonna go with the explanation that it was probably a glitch in the Matrix

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Same in NC..Aliens and Satan are playing around with all of us! Just ignore it and stay in a daily routine.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Haha my guessing skills need some improvement!

Glitch in the matrix it is then!

edit on 24-5-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by berbishchanish
For sure this has happened to me before. I believe dreams take place in another dimension, by the way.
But as for the strange "coincidences", let's just say I don't believe in coincidences. Maybe those people were put there to remind you, or to taunt you. I don't know how that relationship ended, but maybe it is a reminder of a lesson, or just the Universe (multiverse, maybe) trying to show you something. What that is, though, I couldn't tell you at the moment...

That was my thought at first. BUT the only thing is that it wasnt the ex boyfriend I was seeing in this car. It was actually the guy I am with now ! Also I must add that this whole block I live in is just plain weird. Many many years ago.. I was waiting for my friend to stop by my house and I noticed someone pass by my front yard that looked exactly like him. So I stood up and I waved to him (I was sitting on top of some stairs) but I noticed that he kept on walking.. I thought that was really strange, so I thought ok, maybe hes gonna turn around and come back. Well about 10 mins later. I really start freaking out and here comes my friend running from down the street. He said " Sorry, Im late" , and I said "No, you arent, why did you keep on walking?" . Apparently, it wasnt him but I believe that it was maybe his doppleganger. We even locked eyes when he walked by.

If it was the same guy you're with, then he is either A) cheating Or B)A doppleganger or look alike that knows someone in the neighborhood (hence seeing him twice) I would go with B the car part is weird and seeing a look alike of you also weird, but not uncommon. However if you beleive the doppleganger myth it portends danger or even death for you maybe both of you.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by berbishchanish
For sure this has happened to me before. I believe dreams take place in another dimension, by the way.
But as for the strange "coincidences", let's just say I don't believe in coincidences. Maybe those people were put there to remind you, or to taunt you. I don't know how that relationship ended, but maybe it is a reminder of a lesson, or just the Universe (multiverse, maybe) trying to show you something. What that is, though, I couldn't tell you at the moment...

That was my thought at first. BUT the only thing is that it wasnt the ex boyfriend I was seeing in this car. It was actually the guy I am with now ! Also I must add that this whole block I live in is just plain weird. Many many years ago.. I was waiting for my friend to stop by my house and I noticed someone pass by my front yard that looked exactly like him. So I stood up and I waved to him (I was sitting on top of some stairs) but I noticed that he kept on walking.. I thought that was really strange, so I thought ok, maybe hes gonna turn around and come back. Well about 10 mins later. I really start freaking out and here comes my friend running from down the street. He said " Sorry, Im late" , and I said "No, you arent, why did you keep on walking?" . Apparently, it wasnt him but I believe that it was maybe his doppleganger. We even locked eyes when he walked by.

If it was the same guy you're with, then he is either A) cheating Or B)A doppleganger or look alike that knows someone in the neighborhood (hence seeing him twice) I would go with B the car part is weird and seeing a look alike of you also weird, but not uncommon. However if you beleive the doppleganger myth it portends danger or even death for you maybe both of you.

That guy, the one that I described locking eyes with, is still around, however he is in Afghanistan right now, so I hope he comes back safe

Now the more recent sighting (the couple in the car) is the one that may just have been a mistake. It seems I have seen the car parked in my block but still havent seen the driver. Granted, the driver was wearing dark shades so it could have been someone that resembles him. Plus, he was facing forward so I didnt get a front look at his face. I may have to hang out in my front building in the afternoon to see who drives this car. It may just have been someone that resembles him from the side.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Granted, the driver was wearing dark shades so it could have been someone that resembles him. Plus, he was facing forward so I didnt get a front look at his face. I may have to hang out in my front building in the afternoon to see who drives this car. It may just have been someone that resembles him from the side.

It would be funny if you saw him again and as he turned to face your direction, you realise he looks totally different to what you predicted, in fact he is actually a she!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Granted, the driver was wearing dark shades so it could have been someone that resembles him. Plus, he was facing forward so I didnt get a front look at his face. I may have to hang out in my front building in the afternoon to see who drives this car. It may just have been someone that resembles him from the side.

It would be funny if you saw him again and as he turned to face your direction, you realise he looks totally different to what you predicted, in fact he is actually a she!

That would be crazy OR even worse, its a guy that looks like my bf but he's hotter !!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I always have dreams about my first love, even though we ended on bad terms. I never understand them, and its very hard on me.
I have a new girlfriend now, and I feel like its unfair for me to dream about her while sleeping next to my new girlfriend.

There are times when i dont dream about her. but it does happen a lot. i feel sometimes that it is her doing something to channel into and be apart of my dreams. whether out of spite or because she still has feelings for me.

i dunno. just thought id share that.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Has that happened to any of you before? Do you think I entered a different universe at that period of time? Or was it just a case of a simple random coincidence ?

I'm thinking you have some feelings for your ex boyfriend which caused your brain to unknowingly form connections to previous memory area's which were 'active' during the time you were in a relationship. But if your conscious refusal of these feelings is not strong enough to resist the temptation of getting whatever you got out of the relationship your mind will kept being drawn to remembering stuff from back then by making you notice these similarities.

Perhaps your ex boyfriend is doing well, maybe a new assignment or a new attitude and you picked this up somehow. Or you just knew the guy very well and whatever was holding him back would take him several years to get over and in your mind you somehow set a clock and let you know by having such a dream, the subconscious mind can be amazing.

Edit to add, I skimmed the topic, sorry I didn't read about him being in Afghanistan.
edit on 10/8/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join