It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expansion of the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
When is the next expansion of the United States going to take place?

What areas and how is it going to occur?

Canada?
Mexico?
Latin America?
Taiwan?
Israel?
England?

Might we be headed toward a Northern American Military (US, Canada, and Mexico) or Currency?

Might other countries want to join (Taiwan and Israel)? Wouldn�t it make sense as they would add much economically and could benefit economically and militarily.

As the EU consolidates, doesn�t it make sense for other areas to do so also do stay competitive economically and militarily.

Just some thoughts.. I�m curious to hear what other people think�

I believe eventually, as the Superpower status or at least the large edge the US currently enjoys starts to erode� and EU and other powers (China and Russia) start to catch up� The US may lose some of its nationalism and look to expand or join with other friendly areas.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by adcadcadc]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by adcadcadc
Canada?
Mexico?
Latin America?
Taiwan?
Israel?
England?

Ermm......i dont know what to make of this thread

I dont think this has anything to do with the New World Order
So you think England will pull out of the United Kingdom to join the United States??

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
yeah they already have New England as an area, imagine having regular england as a state!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Canada?
Mexico?
Latin America?
Taiwan?
Israel?
England?

Might we be headed toward a Northern American Military (US, Canada, and Mexico) or Currency?

Might other countries want to join (Taiwan and Israel)? Wouldn�t it make sense as they would add much economically and could benefit economically and militarily.

As the EU consolidates, doesn�t it make sense for other areas to do so also do stay competitive economically and militarily.

Just some thoughts.. I�m curious to hear what other people think�

I believe eventually, as the Superpower status or at least the large edge the US currently enjoys starts to erode� and EU and other powers (China and Russia) start to catch up� The US may lose some of its nationalism and look to expand or join with other friendly areas.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by adcadcadc]

The other countries are consolidating into EU type organizations with out going to the US.

example

China, Taiwan, North and South Korea belong to

1)APEC or Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
2)ASEAN or Association of South-Asian Nations

and as for the others like Iran, Iraq, etc they have

1) Arab League
2)Islamic Confrence

and Africa has the

1)Organization of African Unity
2)African Union

so dont get any dolusions that the US can bring all these guys in on a wim
they are going to have to arrange for all the EU types before they can win the con game they are trying to run. IE Peace thru War join us or Die

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Ermm......i dont know what to make of this thread

I dont think this has anything to do with the New World Order

yeah, I know its a grey area but I wasn't sure where to place this thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

they are going to have to arrange for all the EU types before they can win the con game they are trying to run. IE Peace thru War join us or Die

Delusions?? Either way it will be a slow process. It has already begun economically.

It is more likely, some group will bring the US into their group than the other way around.

You can't be serious believing the US has any will or option to expand forcibly ? Her current foreign policy may be a bit mis-guided by most American's intentions are good. If the US wanted to expand her terrority, then US troops would not have left Europe after WWII or Korea after the Korean war or Japan.

The theme of this tread is the New World Order or One world gov't.. not bashing one country or another. I'm just curious how other people belive this may come to be with respect to the USA.

Thanks for listening to my thoughts and not responding too harshly.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Mexico?
Latin America?

That would never happen as there are too many economic, social, legal and philosphical differences between the U.S. and it neighbors to the south.
Picture a huge toilet, the U.S. would be the water tank and latin america would be the bowl with an ever-flushing handle draining the U.S.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
canada? why would we? i mean, its CANADA.

mexico? why bother? if anything just take their oil but why would the US want the whole country?

latin america? its not ripe yet.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That would never happen as there are too many economic, social, legal and philosphical differences between the U.S. and it neighbors to the south.
Picture a huge toilet, the U.S. would be the water tank and latin america would be the bowl with an ever-flushing handle draining the U.S.

That's what Western Europe is currently saying about Eastern Europe before joining the EU.

I can imagine the Northern States saying the same about the Southern States when the US formed.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Delusions?? Either way it will be a slow process. It has already begun economically.

It is more likely, some group will bring the US into their group than the other way around.

You can't be serious believing the US has any will or option to expand forcibly ? Her current foreign policy may be a bit mis-guided by most American's intentions are good. If the US wanted to expand her terrority, then US troops would not have left Europe after WWII or Korea after the Korean war or Japan.

The theme of this tread is the New World Order or One world gov't.. not bashing one country or another. I'm just curious how other people belive this may come to be with respect to the USA.

Thanks for listening to my thoughts and not responding too harshly.

Under the US general policy we definately wont be allowed into the
EU they some requirments we arent willing to meet

rule 1) Democratic goverment------USA is

rule 2) renounce all weapons of mass destruction -----well if all those birds in our silos arent wmd's

rule 3)members must adopt some of the laws of the EU into their own laws-----last time I checked our goverment has a do as I say not as I do policy with their laws being the only ones that count

rule 4) members land mass must be within the land mass of Europe-------
-----ok may be we can get around this one

rule 5) the EU sets out international trade rules and customs fees-----------at last I checked alot of money comes to the USA from taxation and terriffs imposed on imports and exports they wont give up the money or the right to independantly in act sanctions on couintries they are in dispute with

rule 6)the national deficit and intrest and other money related legislation is closely monitored and controlled by the EWB or world bank they set a target amount for all financial issues that may strain the the EU members
the US wont agree to this they use those interest rates to generate income they arent going to give that up

and thats only six rules but the most important the power hungry US wont like to be only allowed terms of 6 months every so often to rule the European Council they will want to get in charge and stay as long as they can

as to the theme of the nwo or one world goverment im saying the US dont have a chance to peacably take control they are going to hav to bully alot of countries i mean really do you this muslims and islamic countries are going to let the US run the whole world they cant even stand our religious freedoms where in can be who you want and worship how you want..........

come to think of it the UK isnt going to be able to take on the role of the world leader despite the fact they are a member in the 2nd or 3rd largest international goverment in the world

top topics

join