It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought without prior influence. Is it possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have been trying to research this topic for the past couple of months. It came to me one day out of the blue while trying to form a pure thought is the human brain capable of creating thought without a memory influencing it. I have tried continuously to achieve this to the point it became on obsession and i didnt sleep for 5 days. The only conclusive info i could generate was absolute nothing. Think of nothing and remove the word nothing from thought. In theory nothing can only become valid in the mind because all physicals contain something. What are your guys thoughts on this? I am researching this because i have a theory that the human brain in ancient times was capable of pure thought which caused are evolution and advancements due to this. I feel like we have been overloaded with information to the point that we cant create thought but have to depend on memory. I will expand on the topic with my findings and mental exercises i have came up with to help this process if i see there is interest. Please let me know what you guys think for i can use the input.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrulyGifted

I would suggest that you talk to some meditators that have experienced the purelness of the "Oneness." You may find that no thought is more what you are after, and that is when the Oneness reveals itself. (Which, of course, is the birthplace of most religions.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Thought consists of words and symbols and have basically been downloaded onto what you essentially are. Your pure state prior to thought is non conceptual awareness.
Non conceptual awareness is silent, still and peaceful. Pure seeing and knowing.
All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hmmm interesting. I've taken meditation into consideration but i dont want to be without thought i want to be able to meditate and still be able to create a new thought or idea that ive never seen a simply undescribable thought. For instance we know there are more colors then what we can see but we cant imagine or create a mental picture of these colors without making a basic mix of colors we've seen before. Non-conceptual i've never heard an explanation quite like this it would be wonderful to focus thought in this matter my brain is quite loud so this could be beneficial. When i was younger i beleive my mind was once capable of thought without influence i was very creative and was able to think of things ive never seen or known of prior to looking for something that matches a description of my thoughts. I have a sister who meditates heavily due to a loud brain but i haven't asked her if she has achieved the "oneness" you speak of. thanks for the input. Exercise 1: Think of absolute nothing now take that image and begin to morph it without thinking aloud of the steps just cause the image to act. morph it in dimensions that your brain is not restricted by for in my opinion in the mind dimensions dont exist and if they do they can easily be broken. eventually your final image should be something you've never seen and shouldnt be able to describe. i practice this daily for it causes my brain to work in ways that you wouldnt normally use.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Can you choose your next thought? Can you tell what your next thought will be? Have a look to see if you can see where thought comes from (the source/root) and where it appears.
Thoughts arise and are seen/known by you.
Thoughts seem loud and big but they appear in a very large space, watch this video to see how thoughts arise in stillness. Your sister might like this too.
youtu.be...

Thoughts appear like clouds in the vast sky. The vast sky is pure intelligence and the clouds are like symbols/numbers/words that pass by. You are the aware presence (space/sky) that allows all thought (and all things) to appear.
Thoughts are conditioned/shaped by society, whereas the stillness, the space is unconditioned (non conceptual -no words). Prior to conception (words/language) there is a vast intelligence of pure knowing/seeing.
This is an interview with Peter Brown who realized 'oneness', he speaks about how much intelligence is present in pure consciousness (non conceptual awareness) which is prior to thought.
youtu.be...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well, if you are consciously trying to have an uninfluenced thought, you are going to fail simply because you are thinking about thinking a pure thought.

How do you know if the thought is a "pure thought", anyway? Our minds store all information we've ever taken in; you might find a thought surfacing based on a billboard you saw ten years ago and don't even remember.

I would ask you, why does it matter where/how a thought came into being?

It is there.

Thoughts are useful in that they bring understanding, however, the constant stream of thought is triggered and shaped by your environment.

So, I think the best solution is to see your thoughts and accept them as a part of your environment.

You aren't going to evolve by becoming stagnant while you consciously wait for an elusive, intangible, and improbable event to happen.

Just be, and when you are silence, you have found "pure" - which is unadulterated by thought.

edit on 5/17/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

top topics

join