It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wells Fargo Has Blood on Its Hands: Desperate Man Commits Suicide After Shocking Foreclosure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I agree.
I'd rather the bank trample on me and leave me penniless than snuff out my own light.

I suppose that it is no longer surprising to see the support that "giving up" garners in our culture. So few actually fight the good fight, but everyone likes to talk as if they do. This "victim mentality" is born from the false morality of a sick and twisted cult.

More so, many will blame the bank for this man's decision to roll over and die, but they won't do anything against the bank. I don't blame the bank for this man's decision, but because they did act poorly, I will strive to never use their services in my life.
edit on 5/17/2012 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I recall reading a story about someone (I think it was a cop) who "foreclosed" on a bank, actually walked in and started taking money out of the cash registers, and what have you. The bank owed him money for some wrongful doings, so he went and "foreclosed" on them.

I often feel like this man who shot himself, but saying it's not the bank's fault is a load of dung. So... if someone blows your legs off at the kneecaps with a sawed off shotgun, they're not responsible for supplying you with a wheelchair? Get real. They must be held accountable. All must be.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Instead of hyperbole, why not use the actual happenstance?
A monetary entity was going to unjustly take hold of a dwelling place, and then one of the distressed parties killed themselves.

It is basic nonsense to suggest that killing oneself is the proper course to take when faced with being made to live by alternate/unreasonable means. Who is so great that the threat of living impoverished, even if unjustly, is good cause to chase death/decay? Certainly, he was not unprovoked, but if provocation is the extent of justification, we wear far more blame for the failure of others than is right for us to wear. Again, I do not wish to heap upon myself more blame than is due to me, but neglecting to take blame, at all, is even far less sensible.

Should this man now be blamed if his wife takes her life because of the duress caused by her husband? Or was he so out of control that only the bank is to blame? I think we should reason more precisely than to stumble over those questions. We are all to blame for the imperfection of ourselves and others. Further, how we prioritize this understanding is very important and we should not forget that the way that we judge others will be the way that we are judged. So the poor action of the bankers does not thoroughly justify the continued manifestation of decay into this man. He pulled the trigger.

This is also why the scriptures say that we should be as lambs to the slaughter. There is a deep connection to self-control and good judgment. It should also be said that there is a direct connection between good control and self-judgment. I am comfortable with my low status in this world and am glad that I do not rise up to the heights that bankers do. Hopefully that will give you an understanding of my distaste and deep respect for those wielding and striking with the power to crush many lives. Again, I would never want their job. Ever. But sometimes it is called for.

Where chaos meets reality, many other go into chaos, but that should stop. I do not trust bankers either, but to lay blame where the path of reasoning does not follow is plainly, again, nonsense. There is enough blame to go around, but ensure that it is justified and then actually act upon your wisdom so that "good" is preserved.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
It's just awfull that these things are happening all over. I live in southeast Michigan and stories like this have been the norm for quite a few years now. I have the feeling stories like this will continue to increase and we will also begin to see another word thrown into the mix, Homicide. Unfortunately the banks won't care about their customers committing suicide but, I bet they would start to think differently if these people chose to come in and gun down those responsible for duping and stealing from them before they off themselves. Not saying that is the right thing to do by any means, but suicide just solves nothing. As others have said it will only hurt his loved ones worse especially if he had life insurance that was determined null and void upon suicide like most do.

I hope that change comes soon or we will see muc much more of this and continued unrest will eventually lead to all out chaos. I have a auto loan with Wells Fargo but they have yet to yank my chain around but I have been waiting for trouble to arise.

It's strange that in all of these suicides, nobody decided to take anyone with them. I think that, if that happens, it will begin a trend. I must admit that if another drove me to suicide by ruining my life, I may consider ruining their life before I make my grande exit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join