It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is love Iogical ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain
reply to post by randyvs

I first find it hard to believe that there is a lot of sacrifice for good going on. I do see a lot of claims of sacrifice, but the results show otherwise in our world today. I guess I would have to say their is a lot of "lip-service" when this word is tossed around. People will do many token acts of kindness that demonstrate love but, for good? How many people do you know will sacrifice their job (money) to do the right thing for people they don't even know? I guess it would be easier to say, How many people turn a blind eye to "bad" in order to keep their job? ... there is often something that at some point or another that is chosen over love. I see love as be conditional in many people. I think the real love is more than conditional love, that is like a candle that needs "oxygen" to survive.

Ah but candles do survive. Even tho the flame has been extinguished.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Is love logical ? If not does that make God illogical? Should human beings toss logic altogether ?
edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

it all depends on the subjective view point of the observer. On EA*RTH LOVE is logical and yes a friend who dives on a grenade may die (IN FLESH), but who is to say that friend will not assist the others from the other side as far as helping them to survive in some way???? Love is logical to some subjectively here on EA*RTH but to others who may be viewing this species/group from an outside point of view love can appear to be objective related to the individuals participating in its influence ONLY.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Love does not exist. Our feelings are not real. My feelings are one of the ways that I experience life however I am not my feelings. I am not love, I am not hate, I am not jealousy. The man who throws himself on a grenade tp save his friends makes a concious chioce to do so. He makes a concious shoice to dave the lives of his friends lives.

Why involve some iffy fiffy chemical reaction that occurs in the brain. A reaction that people like to call love?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Maybe its as simple as the CREATOR ALLOWING ALL* (every created creations on and off EA*RTH) ITS ENERGY FREEDOMS TO SEE WHO WOULD GRAVITATE TOWARDS LOVE AND WHICH CREATIONS WOULDNT. So 1 isnt allowed to AIM wills in a BRIGHTER* DIRECTION as of now. Maybe CREATOR IS SENDING influences more within this little UNIVERSE OR ENERGY CONTAINMENT DEVICE for ALL* to witness those who think their subjective truths are = the CREATORS SUBJECTIVE REALITY FOR ALL*. If so and there is an actual place for positive and negative creations to exist then it shows how much LOVE the creator has due to not sending full destruction upon those negative creations no instead allowing them a place for their like consciousnesses to gather.
edit on 6/6/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Good thread Randy.

Love........for myself it has been the epitome of zenith, but at times it had taken me, to what feels like, the deepest crevices of hell.

It seems to be cyclical. Maybe like a sin wave in the AC of life. Hopefully one day I will find a converter and keep it in DC mode.

Thought provoking thread though. Is it logical? Yes. It has to be logical for it to exist. Everything is here for us to learn from. Love does seem to hold everything together that we care about. Most people feel as if they need someone to love them, but in effect I believe what changes a person is the moment they find someone they can love.

Take care Randy, and keep the good threads coming.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69
Love does not exist. Our feelings are not real. My feelings are one of the ways that I experience life however I am not my feelings. I am not love, I am not hate, I am not jealousy. The man who throws himself on a grenade tp save his friends makes a concious chioce to do so. He makes a concious shoice to dave the lives of his friends lives.

Why involve some iffy fiffy chemical reaction that occurs in the brain. A reaction that people like to call love?

If I were a betting man I would say you do not have children. When you can look into your newborn's eyes and not feel that love is a real thing, then I would suggest that you seek some psychiatric treatment. That is just my opinion though. Unless opinions are not real either.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Love -=- Care

There's been a misunderstanding here.

Randyvs, you're so unpredictable.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join