It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even UK grime industry is talking about NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Ok this is the new track from Dot Rotten, a UK hip hop/grime artist. It's been getting some serious airplay on BBC Radio 1xtra.

I have heard it a few times but never really paid much attention to the lyrics until I heard it tonight. He is rapping about how society has become imprisoned and distracted from the truth.

I know that US rappers like weezy have put down lyrics refering to NWO etc but this is one of the first times I have heard it blatantly in a UK rap song. The whole song is about Dot rotten putting his life on the line to tell us his message.

"Youv'e been playing games, you are planning to destroy everything we have made, everything we have worked hard for, you'll leave it in a grave"

"They want us to do as we're told, distract us from the truth so we can lose as they grow"

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You'd think that with tracks like this that people would get the message, the sad fact is they do not. Try actually talking to these people about whats going on, 1 or 2 will be awake but the rest will just stick their head in the sand and take the piss out of you.

Also, I wish these people would learn to write their own music. I am sick to death of hearing classic 90's dance tracks sampled by producers in order to get in the charts. At least this one has a message worth hearing, so that could be the reason it was done this way. However I am sceptical.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Yes a lot of UK artists have been doing that lately, sampling old 90's dance, sort of a new craze for then. Agreed that the original is an immense tune though.

Yeah as I said theres a lot of UK rappers getting airplay these days thanks to good old Tim Westwood and 1xtra, but this is probably the first song I have heard by one of them that has a specific message...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I hear and see the message that he's putting out, not as in your face as you would hope. The likes of Lupe Fiasco, and Immortal Technique have for a while now very blatently been calling out TPTB and in a sly way waking up those willing to listen. I for one am a fan of the exposure that it brings about, people who have always been closed minded, maybe waking up to a message they don't even realize they are listening too.

SaneThinking

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey

Ok this is the new track from Dot Rotten, a UK hip hop/grime artist. It's been getting some serious airplay on BBC Radio 1xtra.

I have heard it a few times but never really paid much attention to the lyrics until I heard it tonight. He is rapping about how society has become imprisoned and distracted from the truth.

I know that US rappers like weezy have put down lyrics refering to NWO etc but this is one of the first times I have heard it blatantly in a UK rap song. The whole song is about Dot rotten putting his life on the line to tell us his message.

"Youv'e been playing games, you are planning to destroy everything we have made, everything we have worked hard for, you'll leave it in a grave"

"They want us to do as we're told, distract us from the truth so we can lose as they grow"

Any thoughts?

The UK 'urban' scene has been going in this direction for a while now. You should listen to rappers like Lowkey, Akala, Mic Righteous, just to name a few who are brilliant 'urban' artists, their lyrics are very empowering and make you think about the bigger picture to reality and your confinements within in this reality.

Please have a listen.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Hello mate thanks for the reply going to have a listen now, I am a big UKG fan and am suprised that there isn't more of this.

I used to listen to a bit of Akala when I was younger back in the Wiley and Kano days. Now its all about Benny Banks and Krept&Konan, so I can see how I missed this.

Cheers for the links

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

First of all, top song! Dot Rotten has improved dramatically since his days as Y.DOTT!

Secondly, I was astounded when I heard this track first of all. A lot of music from the UK and US seem to be more and more about the NWO/Illuminati in a negative way, instead of positive recently! I like the trend!

If you liked this, you may like Lupe Fiasco's album L.A.S.E.R.S. It features his take on 9/11, The War on Terror, Politics and much more in in Words I Never Said.

I couldn't make the embed clip work!
edit on 23-7-2012 by WormR because: (no reason given)

top topics

join