It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US shadow war in Horn of Africa revealed by blogger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

An innocuous-seeming US Air Force press release. A serendipitous satellite image in Google Earth. Snapshots from a photographer on assignment at a Spanish air base. The crash of an Air Force F-15E Strike Eagle fighter-bomber in the United Arab Emirates. These are some of the fragments of information that Italian aviation blogger David Cenciotti has assembled to reveal the best picture yet of the Pentagon's secretive war in the Arabian Peninsula and East Africa

Source

In a series of blog posts over the two weeks since 11 May, Cenciotti has described in unprecedented detail the powerful aerial force helping wage Washington's hush-hush campaign of air strikes, naval bombardments and commando raids along the western edge of the Indian Ocean, including terror hot spots Yemen and Somalia. Cenciotti outlined the deployment of eight F-15Es from their home base in Idaho to the international air and naval outpost at Camp Lemonnier in Djibouti, north of Somalia

Surpising? No! We know that the US is involved with secret wars all over.. I fear for the life of this blogger! Exposing what the US military obviously wants to keep quiet is dangerous business. It doesn't suprise me that this is going on AND it doesn't suprise me that americans have no idea. MSM would never report this kind of stuff because they want Americans to be brain-washed into thinking that all foreign military action is acceptable just cause the government say's so. Plus, wouldn't learning about what horror and death is being commited in the name of America in other parts of the world cut into the average americans tv time? Isn't dancing with the stars the real news in America? Forget about innocents being killed and all that.. Who got voted off last night!

Thoughts?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised by this at all.

We bomb sovereign nations with out their permission and kill their troops (Pakistan)

We invade and overthrow dictators on false pretense (iraq)

We kidnap and torture people with out trail (rendition)

We lead a strike team into an allies capital city to assassinate someone with out their permission (bin laden)

I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point, these things where done under the public eye, I can only imagine what they are doing with out our knowledge.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The US military is now being run as a corporation. There where there is a need for war, call the US, they'll find/make a way to get involved.
For the US war is big bussiness. Why put a stop to a good profit plan when there is no objections.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
O american military you never cese to amaze me, with your non-sensical democracy spreading. No doubt trying to take out another "corrupt dictator" so that they can install a corrupt system known as democracy.

Wonder what kinda resorces they found there this time?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
We were quietly involved in Cambodia and Laos as well.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Another reason to vote for Ron Paul.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There has been covert activities going on there since before and after black hawk down. Since the DOD has announced their new African Command it's doubtful its of any concern.

top topics

join