It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormons! Your 19 year olds are not my ELDERS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just a quick religious rant (and incidentally, I've nothing against Mormons, they're funny), but I'm tired of some pimply faced kid coming to my door and insisting that I address him as my elder! I'm 37! I served for 9 years in the United States Army, 82d Airborne...you're not my elder kid!

Here, try this. When you meet a Mormon missionary, try to get their first name from them. They'll resist it, because they've been taught to be addressed as Elder (insert last name here). Don't beat them up, they're just kids...remember. But it'll take you a while before they finally say...John. Ha@!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I hate the missionaries. You don't see me walking around thumping whatever belief I hold dear and near and trying to persuade people into believing it. Who the hell are you to interject into somebodies subjective reality?! If I dont want to believe what your selling, thats my right. Respect it and piss off, dont give me a card, dont give me a speech. Just # off.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't know if being a missionary is all that bad Mitt showed us that if you work it right, you can sit out something like Viet Nam and do your time in Paris.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I can understand your frustration OP, it is a little annoying... But then I look at what other kids do in their spare time... Alot of worse things they could be doing. The whole "elder" thing is rather stupid. I will never refer to someone younger than me as an elder.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980
I can understand your frustration OP, it is a little annoying... But then I look at what other kids do in their spare time... Alot of worse things they could be doing. The whole "elder" thing is rather stupid. I will never refer to someone younger than me as an elder.

Well said...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

If you want to confuse a mormon when he comes to your door... ask him this...

When Jesus came to Visit the Nephites... Why was he Carrying a King James Bible?

Then refer them to Matthew 5... and compare with Nephi 11

Its the exact same passage... verbatim

Either Jesus was carrying a KJV bible at the time.... which is ridiculous.

Or the story was stolen from the bible.... verbatim

edit on 16-5-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb
Just a quick religious rant (and incidentally, I've nothing against Mormons, they're funny), but I'm tired of some pimply faced kid coming to my door and insisting that I address him as my elder! I'm 37! I served for 9 years in the United States Army, 82d Airborne...you're not my elder kid!

Here, try this. When you meet a Mormon missionary, try to get their first name from them. They'll resist it, because they've been taught to be addressed as Elder (insert last name here). Don't beat them up, they're just kids...remember. But it'll take you a while before they finally say...John. Ha@!

It's basically a rank.

And has nothing to do with being your elder.

I think you're being a bit childish with semantics.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Why engage in conversation at all? Any time a Mormon or Seventh Day Adventist comes to my door I politely say, "No, thank you." and close the door. End of story. I have never found any of them to be other than completely polite and low-key in their approach.

Not that they don't have gambits to get your attention......

My favorite is the Seventh Day Adventist triad. One is the most beautiful young woman you have ever seen in your life dressed immaculately, the kind of woman who is drop-dead gorgeous and you just about melt in front of her. Unfortunately she is accompanied by a matronly woman in sensible shoes and a young kid who is afraid of cocker spaniels (Yup, cockers are as vicious as pit bulls.)

Still didn't work, but damn, she was pretty!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

It's basically a rank.

Awww...gee...thanks.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
It's basically a rank.

Awww...gee...thanks.

I figured you already actually knew that.

But Hey!

If someone from the military introduces themselves as "Private" - - - I'm gonna ask: "Private what?"

edit on 16-5-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES

top topics

join