It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police assessing the potential of drone aircraft for surveillance (Au)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
So it seems the use of the spy drone is moving from military to civilian surveillance now and in the coming years...

What next armed drones ready to take out vehicles during car chases? Thermal and IR vision?

Here's what Stark Aerospace offers for their drones:

Stark Aerospace’s Electro-Optics team produces and repairs electro-optic sensors that are used on airborne, ground and maritime vehicles, as well as for perimeter observation. Stark’s variety of sensor systems have capabilities to support day or night/thermal observation, surveillance, tracking, ranging and targeting. With the additional capability for laser ranging and target designation, Stark’s EO/IR systems provide the operator with the flexibility to support any operational need. The gyro-stabilized Plug-In Optronic (POP) EO/IR sensors include the POP300 and the POP300D equipped with a laser tracking and designation system.

starkaerospace.com...
A subsidiary of Israel Aerospace Industries.

They can see you through the roof of your car or house. High res imagining coupled with facial recognition software could potentially be used to even pick people out of crowds. Since nearly everyone has a cell phone that task is even easier.

One thing is for sure - every technology law enforcement gets their hands on is eventually abused and used against innocent people. This trend is going in to high gear and I suspect they will be deploying these as fast as they can build them.

This bothers me to no end. I fear for the fate of America when they will now be capable of finding anyone and pointing a weapon at their head at any time. We're all hostages now.

S&F
edit on 16-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

edit on 16-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

A drone base? No I hadn't heard that.. I don't see the point to it. They don't need our land!

They have already had Pine Gap long enough as it is!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

It's amazing at how quick it's happening now. As I said before, it has been creeping up but now all of a sudden it's getting harder and more full on every year.

I used to think pffft when people would talk about police state etc but it's getting worse.. I can see that now.

Although I will give credit to the police in Australia, in comparison tp the US police (going by what I have seen and heard) that our cops seem more easy going... still very professional and I wouldnt screw with them but less force.

I have had run ins for traffic violations and had cocky moments when I was younger but they were always pretty good to deal with.

I don't like this whole spy drone issue though!!

Maybe I should fly my RC chopper into their parking lot and see how they like it

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

This snippet is something I should have added to the OP -

It is, however, the most explicit statement so far on Victoria Police's interest in acquiring high-tech, remote-controlled drones that can be fitted with high-definition cameras and sensors - and, in some larger versions, weapons

Sydney Morning Herald Article

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
What next armed drones ready to take out vehicles during car chases? Thermal and IR vision?

Well better THAT then THIS solution

Car chase outrage as police order driver roadblock
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems Oz is getting as crazy as the US

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

noooo

Don't say that!!
I never wants things in Australia to be like America (no offence) but we have a good way of life here and to be honest I complain more about the US government (on ATS) than the Australian government...

I have no reason to I guess but I do feel sorry for the citizens of the US because most of them don't know any better and have been raised thinking their way is the right way.

When you look at the US from an outside perspective, things seem really screwed up over there. Not just in recent years but for along time now.

It's not the peoples fault, it's the government and frame of thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join