It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Thread/or Link to the actual section, sticky'ed at the top of every ATS Forum, Thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just a notion here, and I realize that not every member is a fan of the ATS search function, but would it be too far of a stretch to perhaps include a sticky of this thread:

Improved ATS Search just launched - "ASK.AboveTopSecret.com"

...to be included with the sticky threads within each forum that currently exists? I understand that there is a link to the "Search" function Ask ATS within the links at the top of most every page, but it lacks luster and does not do much for encouraging one to "search" for a topic before posting something they may have taken time and effort to author.

Personally the duplicate threads do not bother me. Although when I am guilty for whatever reason I only regret the time and effort it may have taken me to write-up/additionally research a thread that is already being discussed within the same or a similar forum. The staff and even members are always usually very efficient with informing a member of a duplicate post and most members that I have seen do not protest the finding.

This was just a little notion that I felt may help to promote this particular section of the website.
edit on 5/15/2012 by UberL33t because: title adjustment

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I realize that not every member is a fan of the ATS search function

But search is your friend, and why it's in the persistent menu bar at the top of every page. If you are not a fan of the search function, you should reconsider posting on ATS, IMO. Any potential thread poster should at least do a precursory search before posting any thread, and read the other threads pertaining to the topic they wish to discuss. Sometimes, there's no reason to post a new thread, as by reading a few pages you already have found your own thread's purpose.

Make the mods job's easier! Search first!

(I am an advocate of the SEARCH function, and use it regularly, however the opinions expressed in this post are in no way related to the moderation nor ownership of this site. By reading this disclaimer, you are bound to use the search function at least three times before you post your next thread.)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
ATS haz a search feature?

NO WAY

edit on 16-5-2012 by zorgon because: Gremlins did it :shk:

new topics

join