It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women combat now true,guess who can be drafted?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The Women's liberation movement is feeling the other edge of the sword I would Guess:
www2.wrbl.com...
They have been pushing for it so now they get it.Now you will see what being a warrior means in combat arms direct warfare,not just as supporting elements.
I see this as a mistake.Mothers sisters and wives are about to die in many numbers where some of us would hope they were protected from this madness.
I'll say this however if they cannot meet the standard in the hard charging world then they had better stop this quick.Most figure it out when the bullets whiz by and adapt then,instantly.Or death is usually the result.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hey the women want equality, give it to them but I do not want to hear one peep out of them. There are just some things guys are better at, and some women are better at. They work best as a team, night and day, male and female. Opposites that work best when married. Women do not even have the same rigorous training standards that men do in the military.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Interesting.

But seriously I wonder what the consequences of this could be.
edit on 15-5-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My 28 year old sister told our family yesterday that she is joining the army.....

Not sure she has a chance.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

We dont have a draft. Our military is completely voluntary. ( Hurray for us) The women who opt for this type of job can now get it. None will be forced into it unless they reinstitute the selective service draft.
But its nice to know that if a woman wants to do this she will no longer be held back simply because she has a vagina. Some women are larger and stronger than some men lets not pretent that they are not so enough with the there are some things a man can do better. Yes write their name in the snow with their pee! Whoopie. A persons ability to do a certain task needs to be determined in a case by case basis not on what sex you are. Until we can get the entire planet to see that women are not lesser creatures than men there will be no improvement between the masses. Until women are accepted as equal there can be no real balance in the world.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Men are better at some things plain and simple. They are stronger and faster. I'm not saying every man is stronger and faster than ever woman, but the job should go to the most qualified. IMO, as far as the military goes, man is usually more qualified.

edit on 15-5-2012 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I feel you're under-estimating the fairer sex my friend.. War is hell regardless of your gender.. There are far more than a few very capable women out there, and quite a few I'd trust more than the average man with my life.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
if she aint preganant then its her choice but the moment the stick says 'you're a momma' then she should be pulled out of the area until the little one born and then she can make her choice but putting someone else in jeopardy before even having a chance to be born is wrong

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
Men are better at some things plain and simple. They are stronger and faster. I'm not saying every man is stronger and faster than ever woman, but the job should go to the most qualified. IMO, as far as the military goes, man is usually more qualified.

And that is a fair statement to make.. expectations should be the same across the board.. There are quite a few women who can do just as well as any..

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Guess who wants it?:
www.post-gazette.com...

+7 more 
posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Women shouldn't be in combat

Women should be happy that society values their individual lives over the life of a man.
edit on 15-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I agree. No more words needed.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Guess who wants it?:
www.post-gazette.com...

"There was a time when African-Americans weren't allowed to serve in combat," Mr. Obama said. "And yet, when they did, not only did they perform brilliantly, but what also happened is they helped to change America, and they helped to underscore that we're equal. "And I think that if women are registered for service -- not necessarily in combat roles, and I don't agree with the draft -- I think it will help to send a message to my two daughters that they've got obligations to this great country as well as boys do."

Let me reassure you Mr. President. If you make me register, I will not perform brilliantly. The only change I will bring to America is a decrease in the population.

edit on 15-5-2012 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Why not? Men are allowed to do everything women do, they are even allowed to cook, clean, do the laundry. So why aren't we women allowed to do the 'men stuff'? If they can break into 'our' territory, we surely can break into theirs. Why shouldn't women be in combat? Afraid that some of them could turn out to be pretty good? Afraid they get medals and honor? Afraid they turn your oldtime-world upside down?

Really, all this degrading stuff about women, how they just aren't able to do this and do that...it's bull#. Men are just afraid to lose their alpha-role as the leaders.
And to those saying that women are 'weaker', aren't as good and such: It's because for centuries we never got the chance.
Take a look at sport, all those fat bastards who themself can only watch sport are talking about how women football sucks, how women basketball sucks, that they shouldn't do it. But they forget that all this is just still in the development stages. Sure women football isn't as advanced as what the guys do but compare todays football to that from the 50's or even 30's and you see that the guys back then were equally horrible. It was just because of development that they advanced and became better (Yeah, i know in the 50's there was Pele and back then he was basically the only football player who could do anything)

In the past few years we started to equal both genders, it's still a long way but we're up to a good start, except of course for some old-fashioned losers who want to return to the 1950's - but thankfully they will die and future generations will be more open minded, more modern thinking and not in a age-old 'women belong in the kitchen, in the bed and if i want to punch her, i have every right to do it'-mindset.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

No one is a afraid of a woman being a leader. If that were true there would be no woman politicians elected to office.

If the battle came down to hand to hand combo, the opposing male army would win 99% of the time.. Women are not built for fighting.

edit on 15-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Coming from a woman, if they're dumb enough to want to be on the front lines, then let them as long as they're up to the job. Frankly, I'm not too much worried either way because selective service is 18-25, but I don't like the idea of a draft. I see conscription as thinly veiled slavery, and I'll freely admit that if I were to get drafted, I'd be running to Mexico or Canada the next day.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Roman soldiers got a good taste of how well a woman could wield a sword, and fight, during the campaign in Europe 2000 years ago. They not only respected their female enemy, but said the Celtic women were particularly vicious.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Klassified because: word

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well, woman want equality they got it.

I have three sons..................my sons lives are not as worth as much as your daughters????

Nobody should be going off to war anyway - war is murder period.

But, since we are talking equality - good, let women get drafted just like my sons would.

Women want equality except when it comes down to doing the "dirty work".

Enough of the princess frap.

Put these little princesses out on the front lines right next to our sons.

Israel does.

I hate when people say, I want equal rights but that doesn't mean I have to pick up a gun or fight for large corporations to take over third world countries and rape and pillage for their resources.

And fellows, if you marry and have a baby - get this, our laws in most states dictate that still, in 80% of all divorces the woman gets full custody, because your baby really belongs to her just like a car, a TV or the set of silverware.....................but that's another thread.

Equal my foot, women want to kick box, ink themselves and now act tough like men - let em fight like men.

While I don't believe in wearing a veil or walking behind any man, I do believe in nurturing vs destroying life but many (not all) younger women see that as "weak".

Many young men I talk to say that they wish I was 30 years younger
because far too many women have bought into the Sucker Punch mentality.

edit on 15-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I wonder why they couldn't be drafted before. Not everyone in the military is engaged in combat as there are many, many roles/jobs to fill and women can fill those voids no problem. Either way, if women want to par take in combat so be it, but yes, it is a double edge sword. Lets all hope the draft NEVER gets instituted again.

On a side note,

reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I always assumed you were a man by your screen name

edit on 15-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

So if something is not true 100 % of the time how can it be true at all.
No dear you just want to believe that there are things that a man can do better. Name something please, anything at all. And tell us why. Show your work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join