It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women combat now true,guess who can be drafted?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
On one hand I believe that women should be allowed in the combat arms, as long as they meet the same standards
The weakness is us men
Our instinctive reactions to protect the fairer sex and care for when wounded
Coupled with the probable increase of psychological trauma makes it the problem
The Israelis tried it and found the men were more probable to tend to the wounded female soldiers than win the fire fight and surpress the enemy thus resulting in a more dangerous situation
The Chinese have gone the other way
Regiments of women
Army, airborne, commandos ect
Which negates this problem
And presents a psychological 'hurdle' to any opposing force
edit on 15-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If they want combat, let them see it.

Its hell. Havent been in combat but am a big fan of war journalism and the things you see in pictures, I couldnt imagine seeing in real life. Its their choice now but I sure as hell hope they know what war is like.

Men on average come back with PTSD. It will be interesting to see how women fare. As well, if they cannot preform their roles while in active combat, they should recieve no second chance. If your squad is being pinned by fire and you'r kneeling on all fours in the fetal, time to go home. Should go for men too.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yeah well if you happen to be female and you happen to go into combat and get captured as a prisoner of war, there is a much higher chance of you being continuously raped than if you happen to be male. Rape can be very psychologically damaging, or so I hear. Also, isn't there a risk of female soldiers being captured in combat and then sold into sex slavery? Oh and let's not forget that many female soldiers are often raped by their own brothers in arms, I would think that the chance of this happening in a combat intensive section might also increase.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Women shouldn't be in combat

Women should be happy that society values their individual lives over the life of a man.
edit on 15-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah, if being paid 70% of what a man makes doing the same job is their way of showing how we are valued then with friends like that who needs enemies????

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Keep it up with the "fairer sex" crap. Might at well say 'n-word'. Oh no she didnt. Oh yes she did.

I didnt write n word. That was an automatic edit. I hope my point is not lost .
edit on 15-5-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I would never enlist and go into combat.

I mean, it would just ruin my nails, and where would I plug my hairdryer in?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Men that continuously say that men are faster and stronger then women, well they probably aren't in a place to see that they're wrong.

On a daily basis I run about seven miles.. And I outpace any man I see, even the bros who clearly go through about three protein shakes a day and spend their time power lifting. Guess who out paces me? All the girls who are clearly hardcore athletes. There can be some disparities in physical strength, but I don't believe to the point that it matters.. I've seen plenty of women that are much better fighters than men. Sometimes being smaller is a complete advantage that most won't see.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

No one is a afraid of a woman being a leader. If that were true there would be no woman politicians elected to office.

If the battle came down to hand to hand combo, the opposing male army would win 99% of the time.. Women are not built for fighting.

edit on 15-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

If technology keeps evolving then maybe war will be more like a game, so things would be quite different....

But I'm pretty sure that most gamers with top scores are usually men. Because men naturally enjoy the competitive challenges more, it's in their nature.

edit on 15-5-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Yeah man, that helps.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
part of me thinks this decision could be strictly psychological...
if you were ordered by a female soldier to do something, would you be more or less likely to follow that order?
or in defense of yourself, would you be more or less likely to shoot her?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm all for women in infantry combat IF. IF they weigh about 150lbs + and can carry 100 pounds on their back for extended hikes.

If they can't do that, then they are a danger to their squadmates period. Each member of a squad or platoon has to carry their fair share of equipment. there are only so many slots available in the squad or platoon and each person has to carry their full share. if they can't then they should not be a part of that platoon.

Imagine what would happen when they need some type of equipment or tool while in the field to finish their mission only to find out that private jennie didn't bring that tool with them because it made their kit too heavy, and they couldn't carry it OR, OR keep up with their squad thus endangering everybody and everything.

Now if the women are under that physical standard for strength and weight then I say let them have at it with the tanks and helos. There is no reason why they shouldn't bee allowed to operate those things in combat.

Also, there have been tests done and for better or for worse they have discovered that military males just don't intrinsically respect orders issued from a female. Not saying I have a problem accepting orders from a female. just saying by and large males serving in the military, according to tests, do.

Also that all being said. I've had female friends hit targets 400 yards out using a crappy rifle chambered in .308 on their second attempts at shooting a gun. so it's safe to say that they can shoot just fine. it's more a logistics issue.
edit on 15-5-2012 by BASSPLYR because: crappy spelling

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by cavtrooper7

We dont have a draft. Our military is completely voluntary. ( Hurray for us) The women who opt for this type of job can now get it. None will be forced into it unless they reinstitute the selective service draft.
But its nice to know that if a woman wants to do this she will no longer be held back simply because she has a vagina. Some women are larger and stronger than some men lets not pretent that they are not so enough with the there are some things a man can do better. Yes write their name in the snow with their pee! Whoopie. A persons ability to do a certain task needs to be determined in a case by case basis not on what sex you are. Until we can get the entire planet to see that women are not lesser creatures than men there will be no improvement between the masses. Until women are accepted as equal there can be no real balance in the world.

Everything you said makes for a great soundbyte, but the real truth is ... until women actually view themselves as true equals, many will still fail to view them as equal.

As a man I see it all the time. Do you hold the door open for a lady or don't you? Some women view you poorly if you do not, (Where is your manners? You cant hold the door for a lady?) Others view you poorly if you do (I can hold open my own door! I dont need you to do it for me!).

The reality is we live in a world where women play the female card anytime that it suits them and then demand equality anytime it does not.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Many years ago I had a female karate instructor. She was pretty, friendly, and petite. About 5'2". None of the guys ever challenged her but one time. She was all over them just like Yoda about 1:36 into this clip.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

lol I practiced with this small asian girl one time. Out of about two years of Aikido, she's about the hardest I've ever been thrown by. Other than my teacher, but he had about 40 years of experience on her.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yeah it's a misnomer that women can't fight. they sure as hell can. Heck, according to legend the martial art style Wing Chun (the style bruce lee's foundation in Kung Fu came from) was invented by a female. Ng Mui.

Also, in earlier times a female buddhist priest supposedly invented Northern Shaolin Dragon Style Kung Fu.

I remember when growing up I was in a demonstration team for the Tae Kwon Do/Akido/Kendo school I was going to. For the self defense/Akido demonstration I was always paired with this girl who was half my weight. She had NO PROBLEM tossing me around like a sack or flour. She's even grown up and started her own martial arts studio in the town she moved to.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Sure. As long as they meet the male requirements to enter.

I've never been to combat, but If I ever miraculously was I would want my women to be able to either carry or drag my 90kg ass. And that's being generous by not including my gear.
edit on 15/5/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by doobydoll

Yeah man, that helps.

yeah well I'm not one of those women who like to do 'men stuff'. Each to their own if that's what they want to do, go for it

Anyway, I reckon it's men who need equality, not women.
edit on 15-5-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Don't really like this i mean after all war is all bout the bad,the ugly the damn right nasty and things you will never want to see including a situation where they could be raped.

Lot of bad things happen in war if they want to go there far be it from any of us to say otherwise hope they fully understand what they are getting themselves into.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
But my calculation is that if you take a man that's 6 feet 1 and a woman that's 6 feet 1 and they get into a fight using the rule of "hit and let recover". The man will win 100% of the time. 100%.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

So you value money over your life?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join