It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey suspects bird of being Israeli spy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I thought it was really funny and unusual, so I had to share
with ATS.
Birds have been used by humans for different tasks before, so I guess it could be possible...but not very probable.

Ankara investigating possibility that bee-eater was 'implanted with Mossad surveillance device'; Israeli wildlife officials say accusation ridiculous

According to a Tuesday report in Yedioth Ahronoth, an investigation to that effect was launched in Ankara several days ago, after a farmer discovered a dead Merops Apiaster, commonly known as the European Bee-Eater, in his field. The bird had a ring reading "Israel" on one of its legs.

The band, however, was not the most damning piece of evidence against the bee-eater: Its nostrils were.

The bird-beak in question reportedly sported "unusually large nostrils," which – combined with the identification ring – raised suspicions that the bird was "implanted with a surveillance device" and that it arrived in Turkey as part of an espionage mission.

Turkey suspects bird of being Israeli spy

Turkey Says This Bird Is An Israeli Spy
edit on 15-5-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Armies have used birds in war fare forever.

The Us army has an extensive animal training program using animals in vital roles in the field.

Completely plausible story

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Surely an unexpected kind of UAV....

The famous seer of all seers, the nostrils damus!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Armies have used birds in war fare forever.

The Us army has an extensive animal training program using animals in vital roles in the field.

Completely plausible story

Agreed !

Nowadays I believe anything is possible.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

This is right up there with the paranoid delusionals in Egypt who accuses Israel of being behind and training shracks to specifically attack egyptian tourists.

top topics

join