It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piratebay is down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I saw this posted on godlike productions
www.godlikeproductions.com...

I live in the USA, is it out every where else as well? The site might just be down or it could have something to do with politics.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Maybe Piratebay hurt Anonymous's feelings..

I guess time will tell.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Down for me as well. Kind of irritates me, I was about to download Chronicle.

Hopefully, it'll be back online soon.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It actually would be awesome to see that site gone. Would be quite the big blow against all the pirates

And it is down...but i guess it's server problems or they move they server for the millionth time to another shady country that isn't interested in laws and copyrights

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

What's your problem with piraters? Are they stealing your cookies?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Infi8nity

Maybe Piratebay hurt Anonymous's feelings..

I guess time will tell.

I doubt its anonymous. Anonymous Sweden ( @AnonOpsSweden ) in twitter: "WTF Is thepiratebay.se... down?"

Wikileaks seems to be down too.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I just hate those losers who think they have the right to get their hands on anything without paying. It's usually the filthy 99%, the losers who never made something out of their lives, therefore don't have money, can't afford anything but still think it's their god given right to watch all the movies, listen to all the music and playing all the video games that are out there.

I just hate those low-life scumbags, because i've seen far too many creative small bands and companies disband because even though they made criticial acclaimed products - nobody bought them, but everybody has a copy. Companies like Looking Glass for example, who created extremely awesome games were gone because most of their games were pirated and not bought

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redbore

Must be the government then, Keep an eye out for the seized warnings.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I just hate those low-life scumbags

I think you just called me a "low-life scumbag". I think it's cute how you pretend to know anything about anyone downloading stuff from the internet.

You should be in the White House.

Also, I know a man who has made some VERY good games for the Iphone (Dream:scape) and he has made very little off of it in the real market. So, I doubt it's the piraters. Btw, I never pirated any of his games, or his novels.
edit on CTuesdaypm040434f34America/Chicago15 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Looking Glass did not fail because of piracy, it failed because of the mismanagement of Ion Storm which in turn affected Eidos, which in turn affected Looking Glass.

People who choose to profit off of art are not artists, they are business men. There is nothing wrong with making money off of your product, but a capitalist approach to art is kind of ridiculous. All it does is make record executives rich. It does nothing to promote creativity and in fact steals money from the artist.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Their proxy still works fine. You can find the URL for their proxy address on TPB's Facebook page. If you live in Europe where freedom of the internet is currently being infringed upon by ISP blocking TPB's IP address's, just use the application Tor and select a country, like Canada.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

I just hate those losers who think they have the right to get their hands on anything without paying. It's usually the filthy 99%, the losers who never made something out of their lives, therefore don't have money, can't afford anything but still think it's their god given right to watch all the movies, listen to all the music and playing all the video games that are out there.

I just hate those low-life scumbags, because i've seen far too many creative small bands and companies disband because even though they made criticial acclaimed products - nobody bought them, but everybody has a copy. Companies like Looking Glass for example, who created extremely awesome games were gone because most of their games were pirated and not bought

Idiot, your probably not even in the 1%..1% are billionaires, families with wealth beyond a measly 1,2,3 million. Your part of the problem the media has created, made it feel like it was the poor vs the rich - When in reality, it was the lower, middle and upper class vs the elite, you are not the elite GTFO off your make-stick horse.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Idiot, your probably not even in the 1%..1% are billionaires, families with wealth beyond a measly 1,2,3 million. Your part of the problem the media has created, made it feel like it was the poor vs the rich - When in reality, it was the lower, middle and upper class vs the elite, you are not the elite GTFO off your make-stick horse.

Dont feed the trolls

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

What you fail to realize is that MANY independent artists including folks who make documentaries that would NEVER EVER be seen published by a corporate media giant use TPB as a means to get their media out to the masses. Not everything on the TPB is pirate material, there is quite a large amount of legitimate media that is massive in size and uses huge amounts of bandwidth. Not everyone is owned by Time Warner or Universal and can afford the bandwidth costs to host such files. For example, do a search for Creative Commons Licensed modeling textures and 1080P video stock; they are HUGE in size.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

lol didn't download the backup of TPB's magnet links? www.abovetopsecret.com...
chronicle is on it btw
edit on 15-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Define the word "pirate". There you go. Good.......

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Heres the way i see it: If i'm not going to go purchase an album (which i probably wont be able to find anywhere anyways) then i might as well enjoy it for free.

If its a small band and i really like their stuff, ill go out and buy some of their albums to support them.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Beloved Pirate Bay is not down forever.

The current downtime appears to be a routing issue as the site is still reachable in many parts of the world. That’s also good news for people who can’t access it at the moment, because many of the proxies are still working just fine.

top topics

join