It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained Acoustics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The Great Ballcourt:
The Great Ballcourt is 545 feet long and 225 feet wide overall. It has no vault, no continuity between the walls and is totally open to the sky.
Each end has a raised "temple" area. A whisper from end can be heard clearly at the other end 500 feet away and through the length and breath of the court. The sound waves are unaffected by wind direction or time of day/night. Archaeologists engaged in the reconstruction noted that the sound transmission became stronger and clearer as they proceeded. In 1931 Leopold Stokowski spent 4 days at the site to determine the acoustic principals that could be applied to an open-air concert theater he was designing.

Stokowski failed to learn the secret.

The Castillo:
This structure is a temple that looks like a pyramid and is the one most commonly pictured on travel brochures for the Mexican Yucatan. Apparently if you stand facing the foot of the temple and shout the echo comes back as a piercing shriek. Also, a person standing on the top step can speak in a normal voice and be heard by those at ground level for some distance. This quality is also shared by another Mayan pyramid at Tikal.

I believe a good case can be made that the Maya somehow engineered these acoustical phenomena. After months of research, I cannot locate any scientific discussion or investigations regarding any of this. Any information or comments appreciated.

Wayne Van Kirk
[email protected]

Rest of Comments

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's well known that Mayan and Incan priests used all manners of "tricks" and such to cause awe and wonder in their audiences. Acoustics no doubt helped their voices be magnified when speaking from atop the temple. Would be fascinating to find out both how they came upon the idea of their acoustics and figured it out, as well as how we can use those secrets today...

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes, a system of amplification without the use of electricity is incredible, this is a technology and not a trick. Those walls which are often seen near airports and on expressways near residential areas are an example of this technology. What we have learned to date are ways to suppress sound (that info is included in the article).

Consider that sound moves objects and as well that it can be projected without the use of an electrical amplifier could be related to Quantum connections (Bells Theorem). From the context of moving objects the problem is that the amount of decibels is so high that anyone using such technology would become deaf.

Unless they were aware of time reversed sound

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
i read a book called the Atlantis Blueprint and one of the chapters dealt with the Pyramids and their real use. The researcher discovered that if you sit in the top of a pyramid you can pick up the continual hum of f# - which is apparently the earths natural pitch.....
I dont know if this has any relevance but just thought i'd add that....

new topics

top topics

join