It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking Surveillance Cameras Coming to U.S. Streets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Found out this news just a bit ago and wanted to share. Not too keen on the idea myself. What do you guys think about it?

www.blacklistednews.com...

Jones also talks about this too.
www.infowars.com...

This ''too much'' policing is ridiculous and a waste of money , imo.
Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It'll be like those humans who take money as guinea pigs, living behind a glass window and obeying orders from a speaker so a scientist can take notes.

Except this will be for people on the streets obeying whatever laws apply to them. Just one more way to either condition the population, or keep it under a very protective thumb...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It's actually funny, watch, once they put these things up they'll never be able to catch the criminals of the Missing Child cases. The beatings that happen on the streets, the riots. They might as well save their money rather than waste everyone's time. Nothing is going to deter the crime and they'll still be clueless.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
"excuse me...SIR!....could you please stop punching that gentlemen in the face repeatedly? we're dispatching a unit right away, please yield, please yield, BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP"

yeah that'll work out just fine.

might be okay for evidence in a case but every other aspect it kind of scares, the revolution for you folks,
we can see your every movement.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If this wear to happen in my city they would be smashed to pieces.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
^ Big talker.

Anyways, almost every crime in the U.S is recorded on video from either a company survellence camera or corner cam.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

And yet, they still get away Scott free. Go figure.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Not really. It will be a short step from speaker cameras...to having patrols on every street corner. And it'll go from obeying laws to freedom of speech, which will turn every spoken dissension, every disagreement, into an act of terrorism.

1984 is just around the corner, people. You said 2012 wouldn't be the end of an age?

Think again.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ummm as far as i knew these types of cameras have been in effect for years where i live. Hasnt really decreased crime rates just makes criminals smarter. It also causes the people who just live there life as it is to be more anxious and puts up hopes just to be let down. Now all i need to do is distribute a jammer for these cameras and find out what the next big step is.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

There aren't a lot of corner cams in my side of town. And cameras have a very narrow view anyway...dozens of bikes have been stolen in my city in the last few months, and not one of them was caught on camera. The only way they were found was when someone spotted the bike.

Stealing bikes is almost a sport in my area.

Anyway, yeah...cameras really aren't infallible. Far from it. In fact, wear a scarf and dark clothes, and kind of hunch your back, and there's really no telling who did it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Welcome to the police state ladies and gentlemen.....

I knwo a lot of people dont see much wrong with this, however, the issue isnt just this......the issue is the PROGRESSION of things like this.......

Yes were already monitored in various ways.......but this is just another larger step into more invasion of privacy......

The more people just kick back and say "meh, what are you gonna do"

The worse its going to get........

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

yep

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
lol

3 words

laser pointer keychains

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
^ Big talker.

Anyways, almost every crime in the U.S is recorded on video from either a company survellence camera or corner cam.

I don't think that's very accurate, Cal. As a few others have pointed out also, in my part of the city we don't see these things at all, let alone one that talks to you. The worst we have over here is those stupid ass red light cameras.

I think it's pretty improbable that big brother can see every criminal at all times. It just makes it a more uncomfortable place to live for the law abiding citizens of the world... Always walking on egg shells because the digital eyes are always watching. That's not living, that's just being alive. There's a difference. I have always had a serious problem with public surveillance. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it treads heavily into Gestapo esque law enforcement.
edit on 15-5-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Watch now you will have to start obeying talking camera's. If it tells you to stop and you walk away thats resisting arrest right there. Whats next tazer attachments and pepper spray? Hope all those jaywalkers out there buck up otherwise they will be the biggest victims of this new divine masterpiece by our overlords

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
yeah I second the laser pointer key chains idea, Burn out the optical sensor in that digital cam real fast.

My question is in the heat of commiting a crime who's gunna hear or pay any attention to a soft, garbled voice coming from a camera on a street corner.

Personally I think it's a total waste of money. like they will be able to police all of the cameras anyways. Wasn't that part of the problem with the traffic light cameras? not enough cops or resources to actually run them reliably.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies you guys..
Didn't know this about the keychain lol.

Wow, Am truly surprised that you guys are the only ones to have responded. Thank you for sharing the burden with me.....I truly appreciate your input.

I was trying to find an ATS thread on some fluke event /arrest with one of these talking cams . If anyone knows or can find it I would appreciate the link! .... I cannot remember but it wAS a wrongful arrest.

top topics

join