It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if all the" time anomaly" type threads were based on fact . Would it change how you perceive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
There seems to be more and more "Time Anomaly" type threads popping up all the time .
We have all seen them .
Dead celebrities coming back to life.
Deja Vu.
Slight changes to peoples reality.
Country's out of position.

Now my question is , are more and more people becoming delusional , or is something tangible happening to our universe?.
If the answer turns out to be the latter , how would it change your views on things like religion , aliens , ghosts ?
Maybe something of this nature has happened to you ? If it has , did it alter the way you regard our reality ?

I find this subject fascinating , as do many others and it's about time we started to discuss it in a mature way .

Your views ?

DP

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The human memory cannot be trusted.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

i don't believe these things are real.

i know.

things like this happen to every last single individual on earth every once in a while.

it really just depends on how many actually catch them from time to time.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Deja vu is more than likely a memory dysfuntion. Deja vu can be induced in lab experiments. There are also people have have chronic deja vu (meaning they never stop feeling it).

science.howstuffworks.com...

Chronic Déjà Vu

Recently, there have been studies of people who have what researchers are terming "chronic déjà vu." Four senior citizens in the United Kingdom have experienced déjà vuin a constant state. They refused to watch the news because they felt like they already knew what was going to be said (even though they really didn't). Or, they wouldn't go to the doctor because they felt like they had already been and didn't see the point.

Researchers have suggested that these individuals have experienced a failure in the temporal lobe. The circuits that are activated when you remember something have gotten stuck in the "on" position, so to speak. This has essentially created memories that don't actually exist [ref].

edit on 15-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

WARNING TO EVERYONE, i don't like the smell of these videos.

i think they themselves contain the potential to give you a headache, and give you memory problems.

i just smell something really stinky about them, and i don't recommend anybody watches them.

watched 4 seconds of the first video and stopped the video. i do not like this at all.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
List of premature obituaries

This article lists the recipients of incorrect death reports (not just formal obituaries) from publications, media organisations, official bodies, and widely used information sources such as the Internet Movie Database; but not mere rumours of deaths. People who were presumed (though not categorically declared) to be dead, and joke death reports that were widely believed, are also included.

en.wikipedia.org...

People see these things and then create a false memory of it actually happening.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

What are you talking about?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I still think Tupac is alive.

I mean, how did he pull off that hologram concert?

Good concert by the way...

Next will see MJ........

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

Sorry but after being here for a year more or unless
NSA, CIA, FBI, let you see it it never happen

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

What are you talking about?

i don't know man, they seem to be extremely heavy in subliminal junk.

gave me a big headache right away.

peace.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Paranoia much?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Next will see MJ........

right, how did they get the hologram going?

don't they need to record a 3D image first?

i don't know much about tupac anyway. i guess they could have pieced together some of the recordings from cameras when they filmed him before he died or something, but how did they make the hologram look so good then?

and why did fara faucet, billy mays, micheal jackson and so many other celebrities die so close together?

they are probably all on some fancy beach island drinking coconut drinks with little umbrellas in them.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Paranoia much?

only sometimes Spoke.

only sometimes.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

This seems like a much more far-fetched conspiracy theory to me.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Something isn't a conspiracy theory when there is 100% proof of it existing

My students and I have now conducted more than 200 experiments involving over 20,000 individuals that document how exposure to misinformation induces memory distortion. In these studies, people "recalled" a conspicuous barn in a bucolic scene that contained no buildings at all, broken glass and tape recorders that were not in the scenes they viewed, a white instead of a blue vehicle in a crime scene, and Minnie Mouse when they actually saw Mickey Mouse. Taken together, these studies show that misinformation can change an individual's recollection in predictable and sometimes very powerful ways.

In testing for false memories, Ken Paller of Northwestern University and colleagues showed volunteers in an MRI brain scanner a series of pictures and words on a video screen. After some words, volunteers were shown an actual picture of the object described. For words without pictures, they were told to visualize the object and imagine whether it was large or small. When they emerged from the scanner, they were given a memory test for the pictures they'd seen.

www.scholarpedia.org...
faculty.washington.edu...
www.npr.org...

edit on 15-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

lol I'm not saying this video is fake, but the guy seems like an actor for some reason. His speech is so stilted, as though they just stopped him on the street 5 minutes prior and offered him a pack of cigarettes to do a quick video.

Originally posted by Manhater

Next will see MJ........

I believe that you have stumbled into the wrong thread.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I think the video was supposed to be a dramatization of the actual experiment for television purposes. The human memory including false memories have been studied for years now. See this post; www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It was not a hologram. It was an effect generated that has possibly been around since the 1500s, but more famously known from the 1800s. It is known as Pepper's ghost.

It is not a holographic projection. They take a piece of angled transparent material (like saran wrap) and project the image with a regular projector onto the 'screen'.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_ghost

In order for the illusion to work, the viewer must be able to see into the main room, but not into the hidden room. The edge of the glass may be hidden by a cleverly designed pattern in the floor.

The hidden room may be an identical mirror-image of the main room, so that its reflected image matches the main room's; this approach is useful in making objects seem to appear or disappear. This effect can also be used to make an actor reflected in the mirror appear to turn into an actor behind the mirror (or vice versa). This is the principle behind the Girl-to-Gorilla trick found in many haunted houses and in the James Bond movie Diamonds Are Forever.

The hidden room may instead be painted black, with only light-coloured objects in it. When light is cast on the room, only the objects reflect the light and appear in the glass, making them seem as ghostly images superimposed in the visible room. The reflections in the glass, which is vertical rather than angled, create the appearance of three-dimensional, translucent ghosts. In the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland/Disney World, this is used to make "ghosts" appear to be dancing through the ballroom, seeming to interact with props in the physical ballroom, disappearing when the lights on the animatronics are turned off.

edit on 15-5-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join