It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the ladies...pimples, what's the deal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ok, I thought it was just my wife, but I was listening to a radio show the other day, and turns out it's nearly ALL women (so it seemed from the responses) that for some reason, really like to pop their man's pimples, bites, etc. (anything that can be popped).

Yet, instead of getting a pin to make a hole like a sane person, you all want to SQUEEZE it until we wince in pain.

So, ladies, why? Good God in Heaven, why is this so? Is it a power thing? A sadism thing?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is a common thing women like to do??
I've known women who do seem to like to do this.

Men are so gross ladies, you already do so many things near a man's dirty parts, why do you want to pop their zits too?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Social grooming / allogrooming

In social animals, including humans, social grooming or allogrooming is an activity in which individuals in a group clean or maintain one another's body or appearance. It is a major social activity, and a means by which animals who live in proximity may bond and reinforce social structures, family links, and build relationships. Social grooming also is used as a form of reconciliation and a means of conflict resolution in some species.

It is a reuse of ordinary grooming behavior, a means of achieving hygiene and good health, in that an animal helping another animal to clean itself also is helping to form a social bond and trust between them.

edit on 14-5-2012 by emberscott because: I wanted to color. Because crayons.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Eeeeewwwwww.....now that I'm over my initial reaction to your OP. Might be that Women are just trying to squeeze the nasty out of you guys.

I haven't a clue why some Women like to play pimple doctor. Not a past time of mine. I sure am interested in seeing the replies to this thread...it is an unusual one to say the least.....

Des

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

my wife loves to do this
same way painfully squeezing the crap out of my back. She asks me if she can do it once a week. Its like monkey socializing, picking at our backs. Don't get me wrong it needs to be done and she must really love me to do something like that but every time she does it i envision discovery channel ape socializing where the monkeys are all lined up picking at each others backs. Subconsciousness ape grooming ritual ingrained into our dna maybe?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Social grooming / allogrooming

In social animals, including humans, social grooming or allogrooming is an activity in which individuals in a group clean or maintain one another's body or appearance. It is a major social activity, and a means by which animals who live in proximity may bond and reinforce social structures, family links, and build relationships. Social grooming also is used as a form of reconciliation and a means of conflict resolution in some species.

It is a reuse of ordinary grooming behavior, a means of achieving hygiene and good health, in that an animal helping another animal to clean itself also is helping to form a social bond and trust between them.

edit on 14-5-2012 by emberscott because: I wanted to color. Because crayons.
Damn you emberscott lol I guess early poster gets the worm

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

and I thought
it was just my ole lady
that was crazy

she constantly loves
going over me
with a fine tooth comb, tweezers, and flashlight.

I just considered myself
lucky to have a women
that takes care of me
as well as she takes care herself

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
My MOTHER is like this. We could be in the middle of a serious conversation and she will start popping black heads on my back. She wont stop either. I'll say "MOM JESUS QUIT IT" and shes like "one more...one more..." like an addict.

My best friend does this to me and her fiance, the same exact way. I taunt her by asking if she thinks about doing it to people in front of her in the grocery line

I used to be compelled to do this myself but I thought it was nasty so I have restrained myself from the pimple fetish.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Omg, this is so my area of expertise !

It's the satisfaction of getting that little sucker out (preferably whole, and in one go), its like playing surgeon, the whole thing is one big operation, execution is key.

Most satisfying when performed on oneself .

Yep sadistic, but fun !

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It really is a strange impulse.

But there is something so satisfying about getting it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Oh my God, I can't think of anything more disgusting than popping someone else's pimples - except maybe picking someone else's nose. GROSS!!!!!! You will NEVER catch me popping or picking my husband - he's on his own there.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My first double post!!
edit on 14-5-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I never cared for the pimple popping - just give me
a nice big boil and that is where I will be. Playing
surgeon with the needle, the satisfaction of seeing
that gook come out. Of course I follow up with
a nice bit of rubbing alcohol

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My wife does the same
She says it's because she wants me to be perfect
When I get back from 'the office' she likes to pick all the little stick in bits out
Takes an hour sometimes lol
But she never goes near my eye bogey's ?

Your all masters at keyhole surgery lol

Edit - from the wife
The reason I prune my husband is I want him to be perfect not walking round with spots, pimples, black heads, eye bogeys etc. I love him that much I would pop his spots for him especially the ones on his back that he can't reach. He doesn't seem to mind doesn't tell me to stop and I ask him before doing it.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader

Edit - from the wife
The reason I prune my husband is I want him to be perfect not walking round with spots, pimples, black heads, eye bogeys etc. I love him that much I would pop his spots for him especially the ones on his back that he can't reach. He doesn't seem to mind doesn't tell me to stop and I ask him before doing it.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

If my husband had a serious wound, where the dressing needed changing and the puss cleaned away, I would surely do it (I wouldn't enjoy it, but I would do it). But I won't pop his pimples, or clean out his nose, or wipe his behind after a bowel movement. Some things he is just going to have to take care of himself!

Seriously though, you know that pimples eventually dry out on their own - you don't need to pop them, and you could cause scarring and infections on big ones.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Haha I know a few girls like this. I am not though. I wont squeeze anything, ewww!

My friends who enjoy this say it's fun when it finally pops.

Me, I dont get it lol

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This brought up an ugly childhood memory of my mom popping pimples off my dads back..... Ewww thanks for the flashback...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

A video just for you. I don't suggest people watching this while eating.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hi Gazrok,
no, it's not just your wife

I also take a lotta joy outta squeezin' my squeeze's pimples...
Soo satisfying, and of course I'm performing a service too

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think that is the sincerest form of love, to do something so normally gross for someone else. BTW, I always thought of it this way, if someone saw a piece of lettuce in your teeth, would you want them to tell you?

When your around someone for long periods of time, we have to see that. Imagine the grooming most of us would do if we had eyes in the back of our heads.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join