It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Atheism So Miserably Negative ???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
I'll stand up and say it, I'm an Atheist!

I don't stand here to preach or to convert, nor to take the moral high ground or to show pride or to belittle anyone.

My belief is my own and I feel that whatever you believe it is a personal thing, it is your own belief.. that's great but keep it to yourself. I don't go for preaching on any side of the debate.

What if my belief is that I don't want suffer from guilt by association? As a teen, one of my (not so close) friends was a punk. So, everyone in the neighborhood considered me a punk. Me! I took in sick animals. I liked girls. I mowed the lawn. But the older folks either sneered at me or ignored me altogether.

Now, if an intelligent race of aliens come to visit, they could say to me, "A god? Boy, you humans are stupid." I don't like that feeling!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Originally posted by OpenEars123
reply to post by petrus4

If you want to go down that road, saying my quote was a complete lie, is aslo 'complete' lie'

Yes Richard Dawkins is a good example of an atheist preaching. But you DO NOT see people like Richard Dawkins standing in your town center shouting (annoyingly) about how God does not exist. He hires venues and invites people if they are interested. He's not in public aggravating us as we go about our daily lives. People like him DO NOT knock on our doors and try to convert us, people like him DO NOT tell us we will burn in hell for not believing him.

As I said in my earlier post, If the brain washed stopped trying to brain wash everyone else, atheists probably wouldn't be so negative in the 1st place.

And besides, Richard Dawkins has a reason for preaching 'reality' - He was obviously fed up with dealing with religious people preaching his entire life. Maybe the phrase "If you can't beat them, join them' meant a little more to him ironically.

So you are proud of the fact atheists don't really force their views on people , maybe a few radicle ones .

Live up to your screen name Openears and learn , I bet you are young ....anyway ....... Atheism I. The western world has been more evangelized and in your face that any religion going and this is FACT. The theory of evelution is the religion of atheism and your priests the scientists you place at the altar sacrificing the truth .

The atheist agenda is so wide spread in the west it is taught in every school from pre school to collage , it is on every nature show in some form, but yet it is not preached to is says the wiseman .....CLOSED EARS . If you think for one second the unprovable theory of evelution is not being forced on us, in the most aggressive way by the atheist then you are so very wrong . I call evelution the dogma of the atheist religion because it takes way more faith to believe that lode of dung, than to believe in God who has proved Himself through His letter to you the BIBLE.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Azadok2day because: Spell
]]

I rest my case

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Are you insinuating that having atheists around is guilt by association? Haven't you already suffered "guilt by association" by being an off spring of Adam?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by jiggerj

Are you insinuating that having atheists around is guilt by association? Haven't you already suffered "guilt by association" by being an off spring of Adam?

Even Pope John Paul II declared evolution to be fact. biblelight.net...

Sorry, no Adam and Eve living in a garden with forbidden fruits and demon serpents.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

All of it.

I guess I just don't understand this "guilt by association" defense of yours against this atheist's post.

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
I'll stand up and say it, I'm an Atheist!

I don't stand here to preach or to convert, nor to take the moral high ground or to show pride or to belittle anyone.

My belief is my own and I feel that whatever you believe it is a personal thing, it is your own belief.. that's great but keep it to yourself. I don't go for preaching on any side of the debate.

What if my belief is that I don't want suffer from guilt by association? As a teen, one of my (not so close) friends was a punk. So, everyone in the neighborhood considered me a punk. Me! I took in sick animals. I liked girls. I mowed the lawn. But the older folks either sneered at me or ignored me altogether.

Now, if an intelligent race of aliens come to visit, they could say to me, "A god? Boy, you humans are stupid." I don't like that feeling!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

All of it.

I guess I just don't understand this "guilt by association" defense of yours against this atheist's post.

Pretty sure I was agreeing with him.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh, okay then.

edit on 30-6-2012 by windword because: to correct the flame

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In all fairness, believers have been very obnoxious to disbelievers instead of kindly bringing them to the faith.

I don't blame them. I blame us.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Hm, I liked your post so I gave you a star. Nevertheless I am not sure where you stand on the issue. You seem to be a moderate agnostic... ?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by petrus4

You seem to be a moderate agnostic... ?

I consider myself a somewhat (although not by atheistic standards) skeptical henotheist. As a novice magician, (not the stage illusion type; other stuff) I've seen enough, I think, to know that something acorporeal definitely exists, but what I can't prove is whether or not that will still exist when I die, or whether it is just being generated by our bodies or minds right now while we're alive.

The real test, is not whether I or someone else can have a vision of the Gods right now, while we are alive, and have physical senses to perceive with, and an imagination to use as well, and physical food fuelling/propelling all of it. The genuine question is whether or not any of that has any persistent reality after we die; and I am sufficiently honest that I know that I cannot say that for certain, one way or the other, until I die myself.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

That last post of your caught my attention, so I U2Ued you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join