It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Photo Of strange object next to sun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
WARNING!!
This is all in Russian. please use an online translator for the text.

24th of April - photos taken by NASA that show a strange object which looks shiny and reflective in close proximity to the sun.

i haven't given it a full read I'm at work, but I'm posting it up because its the first ive heard of this and im sure others would like to give it a look over.

Source to a Russian new providers website.

www.kp.ru...

I'd like to add that at the bottom of the first paragraph there is a link to more info on the subject and a video.
Please leave your responses i will be checking in when i get a chance, if you find any other sources on it please feel free to leave a link.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Like a whole bunch that people have seen before, its cosmic rays...

Ever since launch, there's been a number of people who've claimed to have seen flying saucers and other esoteric objects in SOHO images. Although some of these supposed pictures of UFOs can seem quite intriguing, they have always turned out to have a quite ordinary cause...

How To Make Your Own UFO

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Again?
And no, that's not cosmic rays, you can't see cosmic rays because they have to directly hit your camera if you want to see one. And it would look like a circular pixel alteration, not a linear thingy.
Cosmic rays are highly charged single particles and are invisible to naked eye.

link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Like a whole bunch that people have seen before, its cosmic rays...

Ever since launch, there's been a number of people who've claimed to have seen flying saucers and other esoteric objects in SOHO images. Although some of these supposed pictures of UFOs can seem quite intriguing, they have always turned out to have a quite ordinary cause...

How To Make Your Own UFO

"Cosmic Rays", you mean sunshine, or, reflections?.
If a reflection, on what is the reflection occuring?.
If it is sunshine, those photons are particularly massive and not moving very fast....

link   
Nahhh...

Destiny is back

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I concur with alfa1 , there seem to be a lot of these Cosmic Ray pictures doing the rounds just lately but this one's been posted not so long ago .
New so called artifact on SOHO next to the sun

Here's another.
Did Nasa satellite capture giant UFO surfing the hellish surface of the sun

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---
reply to post by The X

post by The X
"Cosmic Rays", you mean sunshine, or, reflections?.

What are cosmic rays?

Galactic cosmic rays (GCRs) are the high-energy particles that flow into our solar system from far away in the Galaxy. GCRs are mostly pieces of atoms: protons, electrons, and atomic nuclei which have had all of the surrounding electrons stripped during their high-speed (almost the speed of light) passage through the Galaxy. Cosmic rays provide one of our few direct samples of matter from outside the solar system. The magnetic fields of the Galaxy, the solar system, and the Earth have scrambled the flight paths of these particles so much that we can no longer point back to their sources in the Galaxy. If you made a map of the sky with cosmic ray intensities, it would be completely uniform. So we have to determine where cosmic rays come from by indirect means.
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 14-5-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Cosmic rays are particles that are highly charged. They move at the speed of light and would make a circular imprint on the photo's pixels, not a line. You can't see a ray looking at its side.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Pravda? No thank you...

I think i saw a thread about it somewhere

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Probably a space rock.
If you look at the soho movies there's tons of stuff moving around in front of the sun.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
... and would make a circular imprint on the photo's pixels, not a line. You can't see a ray looking at its side.

Completely incorrect.
If the particle comes into the detector from the side, it will affect a number of pixel in the cameras detector array, causing a line.

Here, for example, is an older cosmic ray image(s) obtained using some photographic film.

They move at the speed of light...

Also completely incorrect.

edit on 14-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Is not the SOHO a digital camera?
Cool images, looks like you might be right.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Why do I see a breakdown in the middle of the ray? Did it collide, enter atmosphere?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

reply to post by The X

Cosmic rays are particles that are highly charged. They move at the speed of light and would make a circular imprint on the photo's pixels, not a line. You can't see a ray looking at its side.

That is wrong.. I have seen plenty of cosmic rays that cause streaking across image.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
To all who said "Again?" i do apologize. i did a quick skim of whats up and nothing was this so... My bad.
but as for the reply its a reflection... -.- oh really? the hell does it have to reflect off?

Swan, Thank You Very Much! Your reply's actually kept my interest growing instead of the need to drop all interest in putting anything up. lol.

The rest of you... they tell you its a weather balloon or a rock...Must be a weather balloon or a rock...
What i mean is you are all answering like your bloody experts... EVEN if its a tuna can floating from Yuri, i don't care! but please spare me your homegrown logic?
The people who teach you what these things are, just so happen to be the same people you accuse of hiding this info from you...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Space debris as far as im aware...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've seen a few of these on the internet lately, and i got to thinking maybe they are our own satelites that just got in the way of the soho camera.
Not sure where abouts soho is in the scale of things -distance from earth-
They look similiar in shape and style to some of of ours and there's quite a few 1000 or so up there.

It does seem strange though that they are all on the edges of the sun and none of them are in front of the sun, which would suggest that they are nothing but glitges, light reflection, or pixelation.
I dunno !

edit on 14-5-2012 by BuggingWicked because: thought of sumink

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Not really "highly" charged. A proton, for example, has a charge of e. A helium nucleus would have a charge of 2e. An electron would of course have a charge of -e. They do not travel at the speed of light, only photons can do that.

Here's a nice example of what the CCDs see during a proton storm.

edit on 5/14/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Question for you Phage there are people who say if the CCD chip is hit by a proton that it will be permanent damage and the CCD chip with show the same anomaly everytime.

Do you have an explanation for that?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Did you know you can email, write or even call the very people that work in the program to answer your question? In fact they love it when people take an interest in their work. Trying to find your answer on some conspiracy board without getting off your butt to make a simple call is not only lazy, its ignorant.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

It's possible that an extremely energetic cosmic ray could damage a pixel but steps are taken to avoid it. Mostly the cosmic rays just "light up" the pixels they travel through.

A critical item in the thermal design is the inclusion of a passive radiant cooler for each CCD detector chip. In order to minimize thermal dark current noise and to reduce the effects of radiation damage on the CCDs, the chips operate at about -80ºC.

lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil.../handbook/hndbk_3

The automatic image processing software also includes routines for dealing with a bad pixel "map".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join