It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds (UK) published on youtube on 5/13/2012

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Detergent

They can be VERY LOUD and sound just like this video. There is one in the city park where I take my dogs that does exactly this. It's annoying, and until you figure out what it is, it's disconcerting. But it's nothing supernatural. Just wind going through a resonant structure.

Step 1) Record

Step 2) Post

I want to believe you. Help me do that.

This happens maybe 15 or 20 days a year, when the wind is from the exactly right direction and the right speed. It could happen for some hours tomorrow or not 'till next October. I'll record it IF I'm at the park at the time it happens and I have a recording device on my person at the time. Recommend you don't hold your breath on me posting a recording in the next few days.

You can judge whether this scenario is applicable. Was the wind fairly strong at the time of the noise? Was it fairly consistent in direction and speed, or variable? If it was strong and consistent that suggests it may be the cellphone/microwave tower. If not, OK, look for a UFO or spirits whatever.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Asheliate

Wow, thanks for all that work. Conversation sounds contrived. People on the street don't seem to hear this sound.
I just saw that he has posted a translation on the YT page under "show more".

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Hi.

From youtube post:

Was out walking my dog earlier today and started hearing these horrible noises coming from the sky. I still have NO idea what they were but can assure you that it wasn't coming from the pylons behind me. I walk here nearly every day, and never before have I heard anything like this! I and the other dog walkers I passed were all pretty sketched out!! Went on for about 30 minutes before it stopped. Does anyone know what this was? I live in Dorset in the UK, near Bournemouth.

This would indeed freak me out I'm just waiting to hear it for myself.

Maybe some day we will find out what is going on with these sounds. (aliens?!?
)
edit on 13-5-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

Thanks for sharing. As someone who's experienced such a scenario it can be quite stirring and thought-provoking.

The return of the Gods or Project Blue Beam rearing it's ugly head?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
reply to post by cavalryscout

Edit: He has some basic text motion, which takes no skill in editing to do, notting to crazy

I could hear how scared he was in his voice
Sounded VERY authentic
We have heard that sound from other videos, semi Global event

may i say, it does sound very creepy like trumpets....... and that makes me even more creeped out...
edit on 13-5-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

Yeah. Because no one has ever made themselves sound scared in a hoax video. If it actually went on for 30 minutes, why do we get a combined total of 20 seconds of it?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I thought the conversation was very natural. We Russians just speak all formal like that. But what do I know; a couple hours ago I thought this was the dumbest phenomenon I have ever seen?
edit on 5/13/2012 by Asheliate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld

Originally posted by Asheliate

I am Russian, so I will provide you all with a complete translation of the video as soon as I finish transcribing it.

Edit: In the meantime, let me just tell you that the video definitely seems authentic because the girl is asking her mom about the noise coming from the sky.

I call hoax on that video. Compare it to this:

That's the closest to the "strange sky sound" I've heard. Could definitely see someone working with something like that to produce the sound and dub it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Not all the sounds are fake, I have personnaly heard the sound once (very similiar to the video in the OP) my mother also (we live out in the sticks here in France). There was even a front page article in the local news paper about it.

Edit :

here is the article that was in my news paper (in french) :

1st newspaper article

What it more or less says is that there where mysterious bang and groaning sounds heard in the departement 56, 29 and 22 (that is about 200km distance birdfly). Military confirmed it was nothing to do with them, they confirmed no planes where around at that time as everyone thought that it must have been "rafales". Was nothing to do with earthquakes neither. Many people called the police etc ... But nobody can find out where the sounds came from.

Here is an article that appeared the next day in the same newspaper, that says that they think the sounds came from a weather phenomenon, that carried the sounds of fighter planes that where training 100km away over the sea (so that would mean the sound would have been transported 300km in some cases where the groaning was heard) :

2nd newspaper article

Anyway here we have a french source.
edit on 14-5-2012 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I am Russian, so I will provide you all with a complete translation of the video as soon as I finish transcribing it.

Edit: In the meantime, let me just tell you that the video definitely seems authentic because the girl is asking her mom about the noise coming from the sky.

Interesting. But the question is: is the sound really coming from that instrument? I wouldn't put it pass the antagonists to come up with anything to distort the truth.

Also, from my experience, the sound could be heard throughout the entire city. I wonder if a single instrument is capable of doing that.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalk

Interesting. But the question is: is the sound really coming from that instrument? I wouldn't put it pass the antagonists to come up with anything to distort the truth.

Also, from my experience, the sound could be heard throughout the entire city. I wonder if a single instrument is capable of doing that.

Amplify it somehow? Here's an interesting video everyone should watch:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If you would use the search function, you would have found the water phone video much earlier. I've posted it in numerous threads about those sounds and I don't see why this one here needs a Thread of it's own.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
C'mon, people.

"We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena."
edit on 5/14/2012 by ind1ca because: (no reason given)

According to this article, its a phenomenon caused by changes in Earth's magnetosphere/core. Could be caused by increased solar activity, or general changes in Earth's inner/outer core. Who knows exactly why this is happening though. Time will tell.
edit on 5/14/2012 by ind1ca because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CloudyNotorious
I take it you filmed this today?
I also live in Bournemouth, Dorset UK. Today was quite a windy day and i did not hear any of this noise you picked up. I would say it is wind going through the power lines.

I'm also in Bournemouth, haven't heard this or heard of it in the news,
Where exactly in Dorset did the guy say he was?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

No offense if you truly are being genuine, but to me your voice gives away your lie and that you are acting. Freaking out, I don't think so. And while I do believe some of the strange sounds are real. We have seen many videos that were clearly faked with very similar sounds for me to believe they're real.

I think the only way I would believe they happened if they were witnessed by many people and recorded on multiple devices. Or I witnessed it myself.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AttackShips

That clicking sound sounds like a computer mouse clicking down then up again.

I've mixed audio tracks before to loop things, and at least in my experience, the sound was very subtle compared to this one. Your experience is different than mine. This sound doesn't sound like what I used to get in between cuts of merged audio. This one sounds like a computer mouse to me.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What's causing the mysterious sounds coming from the sky that are so loud they set off car alarms?

Obviously these sounds are occurring. That there are professionals responding to the issue imo proves this is so. Not to mention videos like the one they reference - sounds so loud, you can hear car alarms going off while they are recording the noises. That's a pretty loud and valid noise.

So please get off the "omg fake lol" train and consider for a moment that the entire Internet didn't just go off on a odd sound in the sky hoaxing spree. That there is probably a valid explanation for it - but it is interesting experts cannot agree on exactly what it is.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Welcome to ATS. where we believe everything we see on YouTube.

and what did this bring to the thread?
nothing, absolutley nothing and some clowns have stared you 3 times???

whatever man this place is turning upside down
the sound is real
end of
prove to all who have heard it wrong

guy at the end "natural noise" "radiation belt"

a few "possible" explanations

to me there is a real noise
what do i think it is? seriously i have no idea, its something ive never heard before so its new, something changing maybe, earths core? atmosphere?

edit on 14-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I heard something like the OP's video in NYC twice---Not anything high pitched but a very low deep grumbling.

It went on for awhile and as a New Yorker, the city has its own background noise so we tend to ignore noises, but I just happened to be smoking a ciggerette out my window at the time. And it was just to constant and strange to ignore. I asked my friends about it later, but no luck. Seems i'm the only witness from NYC that I know of

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I see no one commented on my post. POST

Did it go over the debunkers heads? I know... graphs, yuck. hmm?

aww...

cute..

Here is a little bit of my experience when I heard these strange sky sounds:

"The sound came in and went out like you described I would hear it for maybe 3 minutes at a time.(30 minutes total I would say) I started imagining it was a drone circling the house haha. I was half asleep watching some youtube video at 2am or so.
but the sound stayed and kept almost going into that weird metal sound that I thought was faked. Kind of a sound you would hear in a movie when something HUGE was happening..."

"I can't begin to guess what this sound was or is. It sounded umm supernatural. Like a sound you would hear while meditating... Or crossing through dimensions... or something weird like that..."

HERE

edit on 5/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I don't care what people think, but I have heard these weird sounds (did post on a thread, but it's early and can't be bothered to find thread).
The sounds were very similar and seemed to come from the sky.
No power lines near me, and I was in the middle of open countryside with no other noise interferance.
I still have no idea what they were, but can well understand how the OP got spooked by them.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by muzzleflash

No, you can't see them move, you know how heavy they are and under "tension".

Try this little experiment, or maybe you allready did, take a piece of rope and swing it above your head, it creates a howling sound, same effect when the wind hits the powerlines.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

troll troll troll troll troll

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join