It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Energy Source Created The Image On The Shroud Of Turin Scientists Suggest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
MessageToEagle.com

Few ancient relics have caused so much heated debated and controversy as the Shroud of Turin. Is it a forgery or the shroud authentic? This subject has been discussed for years among various experts. Adding more fuel to the debate, a recent study indicates that the image on the Shroud was formed by a sort of electromagnetic source of energy. But how people living in medieval times have access to such advanced technology?

So what do you think, is it a forgery or the authentic?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

I've always said God is pure energy...

And electromagnetism has more applications than science has ever given it credit for...and we all know that the ancient peoples were more aware of the powers of nature than we are today.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
No matter what did it.

It is what it is.

We can speculate on stuff like this while ignoring real world, right now issues or we can focus on our intent on making this world habitable for all man.

On topic, lets ask the people of Nagasaki or Hiroshima what might cause an image to be burned into something.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In my opinion I think its real, because of all the research I've done, has led me to that belief.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It is not a forgery. (Just to answer your question).

The details and findings on it are overwhelming and intricate - beyond capacity of any forgerer.

Few things you need to know about the image. First of all, it is not an image. Nor is it an imprint. It is a topography created by luminosity. It is not a painting (no coloring inside the fabric).

Fabric is made of the materials of Palestine, with a style present around first century.

There are no products from decomposition in the fabric - i.e. the body did not decompose while shrouded in this fabric. This means, the body was removed from the fabric before decomposition started.

The fabric contains pollen from flowers which bloom around Easter and in Palestine.

The body is that of a dead person. There are no chemicals present from body metabolism (e.g. perspiration or similar).

... etc

I am not saying the shroud shows "Jesus Christ", but it shows someone killed through crucifixion, and with details matching those given at the bible, and who's body was removed from the fabric before it decomposed (which considering the middle east climate should be counted in a matter of few days). And, before the body was removed from the fabric, it created luminosity and radiation pressure able to imprint the physical appearance of the body, its distance from the fabric at each and every point, into the top layer of the threads of the textile used, without torching the fabric.

Beyond that - its up to each every one to take a leap of faith to any direction.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This has always fascinated me and I've tried to keep up with the most recent research.

My take, as an atheist who has had psychic experiences proving to me the existence of the spirit after death?

The image was made by a very powerful spirit force leaving the body and burning the image into the most microscopic top layers of the fabric. Whether it was Christ or not, we may never know, just as we will never know who Jesus really was, a human being, a conglomeration of several individuals, or a fiction put together by numerous storytellers. Whatever, it is surely true that the religious overtones are masking the true story, which may be so different as to be unrecognizable to our present teachings.

One idea I really like is in the movie, "The Man From Earth"; worth watching.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Its a forgery...

Only religious websites claim anything other, but you already knew that.... so im guess what you really want to hear is "ITS REAL, JESUS IS REAL, AND WE ARE ALL SAVED WEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

So what you're saying, is it could have been someone who took a cloth from Barabas and used it to say, "Hey look, I found the cloth Christ used after his torture!"

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Yeah, yeah, I'm not a fan of the bible, but there are too many indications that this shroud is from the time Jesus supposed to have lived. Like the pollen that have been found, it clearly show it has been in Palestine.
Carbon dating (C14) isn't always right, especially when the object has been exposed to smoke/fire.

edit on 12-5-2012 by Regenstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Its a forgery...

Only religious websites claim anything other, but you already knew that.... so im guess what you really want to hear is "ITS REAL, JESUS IS REAL, AND WE ARE ALL SAVED WEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

No actually that's not what I want to hear. Sorry.

Try again.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The latest science is that the carbon 14 was taken from an outside piece that had been heavily handled, thus negating the dating. If it's a forgery, we still don't know how it was done. which is the point. It's already been determined it's not paint or anything of the sort, and the image is only on the top few microns of the fiber. This is truly one of science's most haunting enigmas, and not everyone is trying to 'prove god' with it. They simply want to solve the mystery, if possible.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The face is leonardo da vinci... he found a way to project his image onto it... and during the time the Savoy family bought "commissioned" it... da vinci was missing for a couple of years.. my guess was that this was an ultra top secret mission and the genius figured out how to deceive the ages.. long live leonardo haha

used computer scans to show that the face on the Shroud has the same dimensions to that of da Vinci.

telegraph

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

This hypothesis has all but been discounted. There is growing evidence that the shroud existed a very long time prior to the birth of Da Vinci.

A cursory google offers this well constructed BBC documentary for example, that examines very interesting corollarial data to that effect:

edit on 13-5-2012 by Hardfelt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

Few ancient relics have caused so much heated debated and controversy as the Shroud of Turin. Is it a forgery or the shroud authentic? This subject has been discussed for years among various experts. Adding more fuel to the debate, a recent study indicates that the image on the Shroud was formed by a sort of electromagnetic source of energy. But how people living in medieval times have access to such advanced technology?

So what do you think, is it a forgery or the authentic?

I was debating whether or not to suggest this...

Interesting...

While reading and looking at the picture something kept nagging at me. I realized that the shroud looks extremely similar to this picture. Accounting for their respective enviornments and the subsequent effects (wind / rain / time / exposure) on both items a new theory emerges.

Shroud of Turin

Face on Mars

To take the theory one step further -
One could take the recent actions of the Catholic Church (possibility of ET life and it being ok with the Church), the similarities in the shroud and face on mars and the continued discoveries both in space (planets) as well as here on Earth (ancient / lost civilizations - Atlantis etc).

We also see similarities in the religious beliefs today when compared to the stories / beliefs of those lost civilizations.

A- The son of God on the Earth - modern religions / beliefs
A - visitation by the Gods - Older religions / beliefs (Myans etc etc)

B - The op article about unknown energy source - modern
B - Ancient megalithic structures fused together by some unknown energy source - Older (Myans etc etc)

Anyways, just thought I would throw this out there.

Comparison -

edit on 13-5-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I remember watching some television program where the researchers came to the conclusion that the Shroud was made around the time DaVinci lived, and they actually came up with, or used an old method of transferring image from a plate onto a cloth (the shroud) via sunlight (the mysterious force), the image being a reverse portrait of DaVinci.

They basically debunked all the religious crap surrounding the shrouds history.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Hi there.
Im only thinking out loud here but if the shroud is from that period and that jesus was real, and jesus as the bible says, was anointed with spikenard oil.
Is it then possible that spikenards antifungus properties has helped in creating the picture on the shroud.
Dirt and microscopical fungus around the areas that aint tainted with the oil.
Just a thought
/Jimmy

top topics

join