It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A possible motive for the Gay-Marriage craze lately...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
...could it be a pre-emptive move against Ron Paul? Maybe the Obama camp thinks Ron is gonna win, so they stir up a viral campaign getting the American youth thinking Gay Marriage is an important issue when voting for a leader, and subsequently bury Paul when his personal beliefs on the issue are put under the spotlight.

I realize Paul maintains that it's up to the state to decide what's legal, but the very fact that he is morally against it may be enough to swing some votes.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Or maybe people legitimately are concerned with equality

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I really doubt obama is worried about ron paul. As much as I wish it were otherwise its the sad truth

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by RealSpoke

You beat me to it

Why is that so hard for people to understand? Live and let live. Two same-sexed people who marry have absolutely no effect on anyone elses life. You don't agree? Fine, you don't have to- in the same way that no one HAS to agree that it is wrong,immoral, etc etc

I do feel that the timing for Obama was planned- so close to the election and all. I just don't understand the fundamental basis for this argument. What is their to debate? You would think more people would be outraged that more people aren't upset that the gov't is actually telling people who they can and can not marry... Its a scary thoughtm

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Or maybe he just wants to get re-elected -

Obama raises money off gay-marriage decision

"It does a lot financially," said former Rep. Tom Davis, who is now chairman of the Republican Main Street Partnership. "He's going to Clooney's thing tonight. You don't want to go in there with everybody mumbling about it. If you're going to do it, it's good timing for it.

www.washingtontimes.com...

ETA: I am for same sex marriage. Just hate it being used as a political football when there are soooo many more important issues.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I doubt that even Obama could rhetoric his way from a miserable performance to absolute victory in a debate against Ron Paul with just the gay marriage issue.

new topics

top topics

join