It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saif al-Islam Gaddafi 'gave direct orders for Libyan opponents to be killed'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have a problem with the telegraph article and i will quotes the lines which ones.

Source telegraph

First one, the tapes are published no other then Qatar Al jazeera

The son of the late Libyan dictator is heard telling a subordinate that an airbase held by rebels in the east of the country should be attacked, according to the tapes published by al-Jazeera.

"We will send people to kill them. And if you have people, even just 10, let them go to Tobruk and kill them," said Saif, the 39-year old London School of Economics graduate, in a phone call with Tayeb al-Safi, a high-ranking aide.

Luis Moreno Ocampo, the ICC prosecutor, told the channel that the tapes were evidence of Saif al-Islam's complicity in regime attacks on protesting civilians.

that the tapes were evidence of Saif al-Islam's complicity in regime attacks on protesting civilians?

So some tapes are proof and evidence of Saif al-Islam's complicity in regime attacks on protesting civilians? the same peacefully protesting civilians that killed and captured African migrant workers who had lived in libya since Gaddafi ruled?

I am sorry but how is that proof of a War crime again? ONCE YOUR HOLDING A WEAPON IN YOUR hands your no longer a peacefully protesting civilians.

So now it seems its a crime for stopping an uprising ion your country? which i may it was funded by the west?
oh thats right he was just suppressing the uprising.

I am sorry but with the bin laden tapes i dont believe these tapes are that from Saif al-Islam.

Nato's bombing campaign to protect civilians under threat from the regime fightback was launched on March 19.

OH yes the GREAT NATO protecting civilians by bombing almost half of Libya

If these tapes are real and his voice why release them on Al-Jazeera?? why not just CNN? or any other Arabic news channel?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Heres more on thi.
Source

Over 12,000 calls were intercepted on phones used by the Prime Minister Al Baghdadi al Mahmoudi and Gaddafi loyalist Tayeb El Safi, with conversations involving both Muammar and his son Saif Gaddafi.

Right i am sure
just like the bin laden tapes easy to fake if you need them in a rush.

Luis Moreno Ocampo, chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, called the tapes "fascinating" and has told Al Jazeera that they should be given to the prosecutors in Libya.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Now Gaddafi chapter is closed.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I hate all this cloak and dagger b.s.

It's gotten to the point when you can't even trust your next door neighbors.

top topics

join