It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German police fired 85 bullets in 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Yeah, if you want to shoot guns (only on a range), you can. Join any "Schützenverein" with the range for it. You can shoot one year with their guns, then after a small written exam, you can buy up to 3 pistols and two long range rifles (semi-auto). You only have to come at least 12x times a year on a regular basis or 18x times ove the whole year. Thats it. I like it that way, muggs and thugs are kept away this way.

As a gun loving American, this method of gun control seems like a good practice. It would help to keep the guns out of criminal hands (help but not stop), and it would also ensure the non- criminal types had at least a minimal amount of training on proper weapon handeling.

A couple questions:

Are you allowed to open carry in public?
Can you get a conceled carry permit?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

I don't think the germans sho7uld be allowed to forget it just yet. Practically everyone has a close relative that in some way or another, either openly or by keeping silent, contributed to the mass genocide of jews.
Im not saying that germans now are like that but we shouldn't just forget.

OT: praising police who find other ways to brutalize people then just shooting them is quite odd to me. It seems they also openly profile people (Russians and turks apparently) and beat them up.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

your ignorance is showing. they fooled the world 2 times in the last 100 years. they are responsible for ten's of millions of deaths.

and here you are apologizing for them.

that's all the world needs now, to be fooled by the germans a third time. i wouldn't be surprised if they had 1000 nukes by now.

right under the nose of stupid and ignorant americans.

they are smart, disciplined and loyal to a german, first and foremost, not to their conquerors.

as far as i'm concerned, they shouldn't even have a government. there should be a 9:00pm curfew for all germans under the penalty of death.

the most germans should be allowed to own are cap guns. and these precaution should last as long as hitler proclaimed his third reich would last, 1000 years.

and here the world cares more about u.n. inspections for iran and iraq.

edit on 10-5-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I was told that the cords I saw on European police guns are bullet counters. Over here in the US, we only count dead bodies. I think much of this non-shooting has to do with Germany's national mentality and not gun control. End gun control in Germany and the cops will still shoot fewer bullets, because so many Germans are non-violent. In the US, we are surrounded by the violent.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Forgive but never forget is my motto. But that's not a reason to go agitating about it.

reply to post by randomname

I never apologized for them. Care to share your ethnicity so I can address your predecessors crimes against humanity?

This is dumb, really, really dumb. Like to an extreme.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

World War II was over 60 years ago. The Germans you hate are all dead. Talk about holding a grudge. Mongolians did some nasty war things years ago but nobody still thinks they are going to try and take over the world.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I'm glad that we do have quite stringent laws about the right to bear arms. It's better this way. Okay, we don't have dangerous wildlife around to defend against, but nethertheless..

Ya, but these were police officers if I am not mistaken. This has nothing to do with the public's right to bear arms. If regular citizens were running around firing that many shots, it would be a different story, but since they were officers this has nothing to do with the right to bear arms. All it logically implies is that guns are dangerous...And we already knew that. I'm not "hating" on you, as it were, just respectfully disagreeing. So ya. Interesting stuff though.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

meanwhile in america...more than 43 bullets on one suspect

but every american needs the right to have a weapon to protect himself...

edit on 10-5-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by voiceoreason
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Ok, how does less than 100 police -fired rounds equate to your system being better when there were 800 murders? How many lives could have been saved if people had the option to defend themselves? Do you keep statistics on minority or migrant worker deaths? Do you live in a truely multicultural society?

you do realize that 800 murders out of a population of 80 million is a very low murder rate...
that is 1 person out of 100,000 people.

show me ANY american city with a lower murder rate...
show me ANY american city with only double germanys murder rate...
show me ANY american city with only triple germanys murder rate...
need i go on???

i grew up in a relatively small town (pop 70,000 ish) our murder rate is always seriously like 30 times that of germany......

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by ManFromEurope

85 bullets!! The whole police force could share a single gun!.. Thats what I was thinking till I read the fine print. "There were an additional 9000 shots on dangerous, sick and injured animals)."

Still impressive, I think a single police officer in the US uses that many rounds in a month.. (dont qoute me on that, I just pulled that outa my @$$)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

That is because US police are morons with guns. People think they are well trained but in reality they are NOT!! They have poor leadership and think the answer is MORE firepower. The cowards way out.

They can not analyze a situation, think in real time, or deescalate a situation using communication and people skills. They do not have the ability to read a situation and examine the possible outcomes given the parameters they have and they lack any form of situational awareness.

They CAN fire a gun or beat a person but so can anyone. Their training is solely based around outnumbering and out-powering the suspect(s) and using their bullets to solve a problem. Dumb as dog sh**.

They disgust me, and I have NO..ZERO..NONE..Fu** All respect for US police. ALL corrupt and ALL unworthy of life.

Someone can bash my post but I have the same respect for you as I do the Police. In other countries they are taught to READ, ANALYZE, PLAN and DEFUSE before they even think about letting fly with the bullets. Bullets are a last resort.

The US is a breeding ground for poorly trained officers that are more of a danger to members of the public than of any use. Don't let me get start on the courts and justice system there. All part of the same virus.

An American has more chance of being shot by a US police officer than being given a fair trial.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Germans in general love the LAW & ORDER .

It's one of their national traits .

I bet the UK police fired less shots then Germans .

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

You'd be surprised, UK police do shoot dead more people than you think, many who are not armed after being mistaken for carrying a weapon and guess what? It never makes the news! Still it's not that bad, we do let our armed police get away with murder though,

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

your ignorance is showing. they fooled the world 2 times in the last 100 years. they are responsible for ten's of millions of deaths.

and here you are apologizing for them.

that's all the world needs now, to be fooled by the germans a third time. i wouldn't be surprised if they had 1000 nukes by now.

right under the nose of stupid and ignorant americans.

they are smart, disciplined and loyal to a german, first and foremost, not to their conquerors.

as far as i'm concerned, they shouldn't even have a government. there should be a 9:00pm curfew for all germans under the penalty of death.

the most germans should be allowed to own are cap guns. and these precaution should last as long as hitler proclaimed his third reich would last, 1000 years.

and here the world cares more about u.n. inspections for iran and iraq.

edit on 10-5-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Maybe you should just come and visit.
Bring some geigercounter and help us find those 1000 nuclear warheads, so we can get rid of them.

I'm not quite sure what is wrong with having a government, or what you want to accomplish getting rid of the German government - anarchy? Don't know.

Concerning the rest of your posting: I had to laugh. It was hilarious

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by voiceoreason
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Ok, how does less than 100 police -fired rounds equate to your system being better when there were 800 murders? How many lives could have been saved if people had the option to defend themselves? Do you keep statistics on minority or migrant worker deaths? Do you live in a truely multicultural society?

800 murders are NOTHING. Do I have to pull up some statistics about murders in the US?

Defend yourself... Well..
- If a mugger pulls out a knife, you could outclass him with a gun. He would run, I guess.
- If a mugger pulls out a gun, what would you do? Pull out a gun, too? THAT raises the chances he will fire at you by an enormous rate!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

- If a mugger pulls out a gun, what would you do? Pull out a gun, too? THAT raises the chances he will fire at you by an enormous rate!

Why don't you try actually using some logic here, if you have a gun in that situation the only sensible thing to do is give your possessions to the mugger and wait until he turns his back to run away, and that's when you shoot him. More often than not they run away after robbing you instead of killing you.
Or better yet, learn to do this:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5/11/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Why don't you try actually using some logic here, if you have a gun in that situation the only sensible thing to do is give your possessions to the mugger and wait until he turns his back to run away, and that's when you shoot him. More often than not they run away after robbing you instead of killing you.
Or better yet, learn to do this:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5/11/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

Soooo... I should spend some years in jail? Because, if you shoot someone, even if he robbed you out just seconds ago holding a weapon, who is running away, it is not self-defence anymore. Therefore you are deep in trouble if you shoot some bad guy while he is fleeing.

Don't do that. No logic in there. Think with your brain, not your guts. It is NOT sensible.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

i am English and i lived and worked in Dresden east germany for five years .
in fact i have lived in many countries in europe but the country that i have the fondest memories of is east germany and in particular Dresden city.
i found the people there very friendly and warm and i was so sad to leave when the building boom ended.
and as the other poster said germany is a very clean place everyone has pride in their area and the house holders will come out and clean the pavement in front of their houses .

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
85 bullets ? they are not many at all

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Interesting link on this: www.theatlanticwire.com...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
A couple questions:

Are you allowed to open carry in public?
Can you get a conceled carry permit?

Answer to both questions: You have to carry it concealed everytime, if you carry it in public.

Its this way: If you want to carry OR transport the weapon outside of your house and you´re not on your way to the range or to a gunsmith (meaning you do not plan to use it for sports), you need a licence, called "Waffenschein".

The small Waffenschein allows you to handle Signal-, BlankBullet Pistols (called Schreckschuss) or any PTB weapon (meaning no ballistic ammo).

Then there is the big Waffenschein.
This Waffenschein is only handed to people that can proof their need. In my case, as a family member is running a security buisness, I´m allowed. But there are restrictions. You get tested every 36 months and you need to proof your needs 100%. There are not many weapon carry permited security companys here in germany.

Also, you are not allowed to bring your firearm to festivals or to carry them in elevators. If you transport the weapon in a car, you need to make sure that:

a) Ammunition isn´t in the barrel or magazine
b) Weapon is not fire ready (see a).
c) Weapon is in a locked, fully enclosed case (your car´s trunk would count)

BUT the Waffenschein only permitts you to carry the weapon. To posses one, you still need the Waffenbesitzkarte. This is what you get after 12 months of training, when you join a Schützenverein.

I hope you got your answers

edit on 21-5-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join