It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I met someone from the WHO tonight....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Not actually from the WHO (World Health Organization).. But from a university. Someone who is in a PhD program that is currently engaged in work for the WHO, who was contracted to work on a regulation for them. Something about morals or ethics... (to be honest, I lost interest once they mentioned those words....)

In any case, i asked "what side are you on?"

As in, the academic or corporate side. They kind of looked at me blankly, and said, "I'm on the academic side. Why would someone take sides if they are hired to do a specific task? The task is to present information and the WHO can do what they want with it."

Essentially, the were saying, they were hired to complete an initiative, and when I asked about alternative motives, it was offensive to them.

I countered with examples of corruption on both sides. I asked them if they were for corporate interest or activist interest and they replied with, "I have a job to do and I do it as it's supposed to be done."

More or less along those lines.

An hour later, a girlfriend of a friend of mine was also at the establishment. She lied through her teeth about nearly everything she said. I do believe she grabbed my behind as well. In any case, I look at the night overall, and look at two different girls, one that talked mostly about her studies and work, and the other that was just looking for whatever...

And in it, I saw a certain level of self respect from the girl responsible for a large initiative from the WHO. And I sit there and think to myself how much of a bad wrap some of these people get when they are related to these organizations...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
"I have a job to do and I do it as it's supposed to be done."

Arbeit mach frei...I guess. Many people willingly walk into their own concentration camp to turn a blind eye to the repercussion it might have.

join