It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaqui's One Minute Wow - ATS Most Ridiculous Advertisement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I usually don't have a problem with the advertisements on ATS, as long as they don't get in my way. But this particular advertisement, made special by a British lady just recording herself in her sitting room or whatever with a giant trunk full of -I'm guessing here - clothes. Just clothes.

On a site full of conspiracy theories, who gives a **** about clothing...and what the heck is a clutch? I mean - URRGGHH!!! *closes tab playing video* I hate that commercial, seriously. It's not the woman, it's not the fact that it's only a minute long...it's the clothes. Seriously? A clothing advertisement on a conspiracy site?

You troll, ATS. You troll big time. Or maybe it's just the British faction of the ATS mods/admins...who knows?

Who else is annoyed by that stupid advertisement?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

ATS has little to no control over the content of advertisements placed here. They sell the space to an advertising firm that places the ads.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yes, that "one minute wow" ad is so annoying. I hate when ads intrusively play videos. It's really annoying when you have the new topics page up and every time the page automatically reloads you hear her obnoxious voice and have to find the browser tab and location of the ad to pause it.

Like the previous poster said, ATS has little control over the ads.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I love the STOP IRAN one. Sign the petition and you get a free US-Israel pin!

That ad was hilarious.
edit on 9-5-2012 by cconn487 because: still cant spell

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Must be a British company. I wouldn't be annoyed if it weren't clothes, as I said. I don't even know what a clutch is, until I saw this little clasp purse.

They call purses...clutches? Holy crud.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

I would prefer seeing only that ad forever if it meant I wouldn't have to hear about this vile woman and her 'clutches'

When I first heard it from across the room I thought she was somehow talking about the clutch on a manual transmission
edit on 9-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I thought Nef was already warned about showing off his wardrobe on ATS?

Regarding the ads on the, as has been said many many times before, they are needed for keeping the site free and as it is. The content of those ads are not the managements doing. That said, if there were any that were particularly offensive or just wrong, you could let them know.

Not sure a woman sat in loads of clothes would be enough to moan about though.Just don't look at it, i'm sure there are a million and one ads on the rest of the net you see every day and don't give a second thought to?

Talking of which, aren't ads usualy related to what you've been looking at on the net? Don't worry mate, this is an Above Top Secret site.....i won't tell.

CX.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I visit a handful of constant sites. Twitter, sometimes Facebook, Collider (movie news), this site, Google for various definitions and research projects, online storage sites, torrent sites, and other stuff that a geeky truth seeker has interest in.

If I want to look at clothes, I go to Kmart. I don't shop online unless it's for electronics. Only people with unnecessary fashion-sense go online to shop...which I view as a highly naive activity. But that's just me.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
I love the STOP IRAN one. Sign the petition and you get a free US-Israel pin!

That ad was hilarious.
edit on 9-5-2012 by cconn487 because: still cant spell

Agreed.

2nd

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Her voice has been hitting me like nails on a chalkboard for the last couple days, glad I'm not the only one annoyed by her.

Just out of curiosity what type of person actually clicks and ad like that and purchases something from it. Is that something that even actually happens?

CX

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It's ok, i'm just joking,

I must admit i don't notice the ads any more, and no i don't use an ad blocker. Not sure why but i rarely see them and certainly don't hear them. Might go and check this clothes lady out though, i'm intrigued now.

CX.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I do not get any advertisements at all ??????

Do Not Track PlusSpread the word
[Click to allow trackers on this site] abovetopsecret.com
No social networks found here.
2 ad networks tracking you: 2 blocked
4 companies tracking you: 4 blocked
Excellent! Your all-time total is:
87,344 blocked

edit on 9-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Those ads wake me up when I'm sleeping if I forget to exit out of ATS and turn off my speakers.

Thanks ATS for the friendly reminder!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

ATS has little to no control over the content of advertisements placed here. They sell the space to an advertising firm that places the ads.

maybe they should change advertising firms. look at infowars, all their ads fit nicely with the website. ats is doing something wrong..

its not very good when you at a conspiracy site talking about the fed(for example) and the ad is for a bank LOL

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

get annoyed

top topics

join