It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend has Liver Cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Excellent advice.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

All of the advice and support has been excellent and helpful. Even just getting some of this off my chest has helped and with the support and advice I've received here I think I'm better prepared for the fight ahead.

I really do hope this story has a happy ending, but no matter what, I'll make sure to share it here.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well the second treatment has come and passed. Hasn't taken too much of a physical toll yet but it is keeping her tired for most of her waking hours. The next few weeks will be tough, she'll probably be at her weakest during my birthday.

I really have to thank everyone again for the kind words and advice, honestly, you've saved me from staring at google search results that I really didn't want to read.

For all the crap and BS that takes place at ATS, there are a large number of you that are really great people, I wish the best for all of you.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Keep us posted on how she is doing. You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

She's doing good today. After the first treatment, maybe the next day? She broke her toe and was hobbling around with what she called a "robofoot". Then, by the next morning, she was running a massive fever. Yup, right after the first treatment she caught a cold or flu or something. Still lingering a bit and making the nausea worse.

She sent me a pic and she is still looking really good. I don't believe she's started to lose any hair yet, if so, it's not showing and she hasn't brought it up.

She does look a little swollen in the fact, and from my mother-in-laws fight with breast cancer, I know that different people have different reactions, for her, it's her right arm, swollen up and nasty, actually has to wear a specially made sleeve from Germany over it.

I'm kinda on a fence right now. I really want to know the exact prognosis from the doctor. I mean, we've made plans for the future, and if that future is severely limited, I need to know now and start moving towards our goals.

What would you guys do in this position? Would you ask? Remain silent? Liver cancer is bad, there is no cure, and it usually takes the person within 6 months to a year. She's already fought it into remission, so honestly I don't know how much time we might be dealing with.

the treatment seems far from aggressive, so I guess that's good, but it can swing both ways, less aggressive treatment could mean it's not that bad and will probably be knocked back into remission.

or.

It could mean it is bad, really bad, and this is basically palliative care to give her some more time.

i'm going with the former, I'm feeling much better about this all and looking towards the future, but on the days where she is having chemo I can't help but let my mind wander towards the what ifs. I really really hate the what ifs.

Guys and girls, do me and yourself a favor. When you get home tonight, find the person you love, your husband, wife, children, lover, friend, anyone....

And hug them. Hug them tight. Commit that feeling to memory if you haven't already, because there are people out there who might not get that chance.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You said, "I'm kinda on a fence right now. I really want to know the exact prognosis from the doctor. I mean, we've made plans for the future, and if that future is severely limited, I need to know now and start moving towards our goals."

Honey, this is the woman you love and who loves you. Never be afraid to come right out and ask what you want to know from her. Let her know it is important to you to be kept up with everything she is going through right now. I would suggest that you start moving towards your goal now since you already have your mind made up to be with her. If you know your time together will be limited, you don't want to miss a moment. Be open and honest and share your concerns. Much love to you both.

<< 1   >>

join