It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are divided because we are overwhelmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Perhaps not a rant, but written more out of sadness...

I only frequent 3 areas of this forum in general for the simple reason that I can't possibly handle, absorb, discuss, and keep track of the multitudes of concerns that people have, and discuss them in the manner which they deserve. I consider myself average and therefore I must assume that others do the same. Here, not here, anywhere.

You have a cause. I have a cause. We're all working on something. Often multiple things...

I can tick them off the list - issue #1, issue #2, issue #3, issue #4.... etc and on and into the 7 to 8 digit arena... issue #4,789,423 ....

What single person can handle more than a few things at one time? We have ______ (insert your favorite organization here) who is doing their best to make a difference. And while they may scratch the surface, do they really make any major dents? Has the world improved as whole because of them? or only in the area they can afford to work in? Short term? Long term? Just as an example.... I don't care who had a hand in developing the newest iPod - its useless to people who can't afford to eat.... and Yes I know they have made major advances in important things like cancer research, but I'm talking more about the human condition here, not health.

Lets look at animal rights activists. They do incredible work, don't get me wrong, but there are still @$$&*))$ out there hosting dog fights......

My point is this. We cannot fix all problems at the same time. Ask any psychiatric type and they will tell you that you have to do things one step at a time.

I do NOT have an answer, a solution to unite us, because there are just too many people who think their cause is the most important..... but just imagine.... just imagine that one day EVERY SINGLE ONE Of the 6,840,507,003 people on this planet stood up and said "NO" (or yes, if that works), and for just one day every single person on this planet worked towards a common logical goal (lets say feeding the hungry? good start) - With that much support and cooperation - well hell - Not only would we get the job done - we'd be in a much better place as a species - learn from our own example - and all 6,840,507,003 can do the same thing the next day with the next issue, and find that quite a few issues take care of themselves in the process.

I know that not all 6,840,507,003 agree that everyone should be fed today though.... thats what makes me sad.

Just a thought, though I may not have expressed it very well.

peace to you ♥

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

maybe this resonates
anyone can do it

∞LOVE∞

join