It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlock Answers From Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
For the sake of this original post: Lets assume on one hand that there could be more than one God while on the other hand lets assume that there could only be one God.

What would be the purpose of a God in general vs a single God?

What would be a current plan of any God for an earth dweller vs any God being an earth dweller?

I think any God would know the answer, but lets hear from you who may or may not be any God.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I don't know if you are a Christian or not and it really should not matter; according to your question.

It does seem thought that, like so many, you have not paid a lot of attention to the scriptures and what they say.

Is not one of the Ten Commandments--"Thou shalt not have any gods before me" ??

To me this answers the questions about there being more than one god. If not, why would we be told to not accept others.

No! I am not confused about the warning about "false gods" which are spoken about in other passages. This is a totally separate, distinct passage which stands on it's own.

Now as a "purpose" or "benefit" to there being either one or many gods, I could not really tell the difference. Having never met nor heard from any, I just could not tell.

If "it" or "they" are to be truely worthy of our worship, you would think we would warrent some kind of response from them from time to time.

If we truely have freewill, could it be we are all free to go to hell if we want too. If this be the case maybe we should learn to accept this and treat each other a little more as equals.

Most people profess this and turn around and try to force others to bow to their will. So much for the "fine Christian attitude" is what I say.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I don't quite understand the question, but...If there was just one true god, there wouldn't be many. If there were many gods, there couldn't be just one true god.

"Thou shalt not have any gods before me" According to this statement, there isn't one true god, but many. God wouldn't call others "gods" if they weren't. This one just wants you all to himself.

join