It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA inspector killed in Iran car accident: media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

IAEA inspector killed in Iran car accident: media

www.reuters.com
[ex news(Reuters) - A United Nations nuclear inspector working in Iran was killed in a car accident on Tuesday, Iranian media reported.

The Vienna-based U.N. nuclear watchdog, which regularly inspects Iran's declared atomic sites, said it had been informed that two of its inspectors were involved in a car accident in the Islamic Republic.

One of them, a South Korean national, was killed and the other, from Slovenia, was injured, the U.N. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said in a statement, adding it was in contact with Iranian authorities.

They were travelling near the Arak heavy w(visit the link for the full news article)

news.yahoo.com...

www.news1130.com...

edit on 8-5-2012 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Some other outlets are reporting that sounds of explosions were heard prior to accident...

Coincidence or is Iran trying to thwart UN inspectors again?

Or, similar tactics used by various world 3-letter agencies that have been used/assumed to kill Iranian nuclear scientists in similar attacks in recent years?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-5-2012 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Was there an Israeli made magnetic bomb involved? Or was it really an accident, did they find something? Or did they find nothing. Too many unanswered questions.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess

Some other outlets are reporting that sounds of explosions were heard prior to accident...

Coincidence or is Iran trying to thwart UN inspectors again?

Or, similar tactics used by various world 3-letter agencies that have been used/assumed to kill Iranian nuclear scientists in similar attacks in recent years?

That would be the first thing they want you to think, yes. But you must think deeper than that. If you really check into the details here, you will find the IAEA are reporting everything is fine with IRAN, they are not hiding nukes or even trying to manufacture them. Having them inside reporting the truth like this, is not good for ISRAEL and the USA war propagandists and profiteers, that want an excuse to attack IRAN.

That is why these people have to be removed, and why not if it can also help try to implicate IRAN for "covering something up"?

Indeed, it is far more likely this was a plot to have them killed orchestreted by the war propagandists, so that they can be replaced with someone else, which might be more easily swayed to fabricate evidence in order to get the war going.

Don´t fall for the deception.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Agree with your line of thinking,..

Although now most of the MSM is now saying:

With some 26,000 casualties a year, Iran has one the world’s highest per capita rates of road deaths. The rate is blamed on driver disregard of traffic rules, lack of safety development of roads and inadequate emergency services.

www.washingtonpost.com... 08/gIQAer9JAU_story.html

So...if this is the case is Iran making up so many car bomb stories regarding the scientists????

edit on 8-5-2012 by BurningSpearess because: bracket issues

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Not falling. Just questioning....

And thanks for your insight...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

You've obviously never driven in any other country but your own.

Your analysis, while cute, is delightfully irrelevant.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Iranian payback for Israel's assassination of its nuclear scientists in the same fashion.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

So...if this is the case is Iran making up so many car bomb stories regarding the scientists????

Just because dogs bark it doesn't mean cats do not purr.

In other words; no. Those scientists were taken down by magnetic bombs in traffic jammed areas. Plenty of pictures that tell the tale of a bomb and not an 'accident'.

reply to post by NeoVain

Highly contrived scene, though I must disappoint you; traffic really is crazy in Iran.

reply to post by babybunnies

Iranian payback for Israel's assassination of its nuclear scientists in the same fashion.

And that's just wrong on so many levels it doesn't need a rebuttal.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
co-incidence?...

we'll soon know, one of them survived, so we'll get a true story.

but at first impressions it would seem very possible that Iran hit these scientists as a revenge strike for the nuclear scientists. They did state they were going to retaliate...

seems odd there are reports of an explosion ' noise ' surely the car would show immediate signs and there would be no doubt this long after if it was a bomb or wasnt.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

And that's just wrong on so many levels it doesn't need a rebuttal.

Why?

Israel hit Irans scientists while they were travelling in cars.
Iran stated they would retaliate.

Why then does such a response from a member deserve such a negative response?

are you saying its completely impossible this is the case?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
On the same day, Israel formed its largest legislative majority, a "unity government". So they have no obstacles to attack Iran.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by NeoVain

You've obviously never driven in any other country but your own.

Your analysis, while cute, is delightfully irrelevant.

I don't think you can blame this on NeoVanity as s/he didn't bring up the MSM published stats, I did....

But I do find these stats suspect, as I have unfortunately driven or been a passenger, in quite a few 3rd world countries...not counting the US..

edit on 8-5-2012 by BurningSpearess because: nagging nephew rushing to get on my confuser

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Just because dogs bark it doesn't mean cats do not purr.

In other words; no. Those scientists were taken down by magnetic bombs in traffic jammed areas. Plenty of pictures that tell the tale of a bomb and not an 'accident'.

Could you provide any other proof other than that provided by Iranian state media? I am open to most any other source/outlet.... Thanks in advance...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The IAEA have conducted inspections on this site in the passed, and have concluded no evidence of a weapons program, so what does Iran have to retaliate for? If anything they would target a rival nuclear scientist, not a UN inspector, they blame US/Israel for their assassinated scientist, not the UN.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
On the same day, Israel formed its largest legislative majority, a "unity government". So they have no obstacles to attack Iran.

www.nytimes.com...

Maybe the inspectors were ready to report in favor of Iran.

Maybe Israel does not like that.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I know it's hard for a lot of you to understand how real life works, because it's not really like Hollywood...but the IAEA is not doing Iran any harm, so it makes absolutely no sense for them to do this. It's retarded, and anyone believing they did it on purpose needs to just go back to watching movies, we don't need your empty conjecture here.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Could you provide any other proof other than that provided by Iranian state media? I am open to most any other source/outlet.... Thanks in advance...

And you're just completely lost. Have fun in ignorance-ville.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

No, seriously, I thought you might have something to post right off hand... I have been consumed with my work, and might have missed out on some crucial information, though I admit I don't trust Iranian state media...

Now that I have more time, I can research for myself....

What's the need to be so mean to someone asking a simple question to get at the truth (as much as possible)? Isn't that what the goal of ATS is all about?!?

Peace...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

In the research I conducted, they were also *denied access* in the past, right?

Or am I totally misinformed? Sources for your assertion, please...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join