It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New info about the "SUN DONUT" that makes it way more interesting!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Look at this:

www.ufo-blogger.com...

Scroll a little further down to see the similar shape, from 1996.

Notice the v-shaped dent in the donuts? It's a little harder to see in the recent photos. But it's there..

Then check this:

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

The donut is still there, just very pixelated! But you can tell.

And check their explanation:
''NOTE: LACK OF DATA UPDATES. SOHO went into "Emergency Sun Reacquisition" mode on Friday May 4, 2012, caused by a false trigger of the Coarse Sun Pointing Attitude Anomaly Dector. We are working on the recovery of the spacecraft to normal mode. Nominal science operations should be re-established in the next couple of days.'' - taken from sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

I'm thinking, either this thing doesn't wanna be seen anymore, or they are lying, and WE are not supposed to see!
edit on 7-5-2012 by modeselektor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by modeselektor

You seem to be confusing spacecraft. SOHO is not STEREO B. STEREO B is operating normally.
I inquired about the "object" seen in STEREO B and received this reply:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did you really need to start a new thread?

edit on 5/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
NASA is just a bunch of scared little kiddies. According to them it's dust. Like we should take their word.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by modeselektor
''NOTE: LACK OF DATA UPDATES. SOHO went into "Emergency Sun Reacquisition" mode...

How about people start to do a bit of research before posting stuff like this.
The STEREO craft that has the "donut" image is simply not the same as the SOHO craft that has gone into shutdown. One simple google search could have told you this.

As as for the donuts, nobody seems to have bothered to check the homepage for STEREO before going ape#...

These small debris particles are brightly illuminated by the Sun, and are easily seen by the coronagraphs if they wander into the field of view. They are tremendously out-of-focus, and often appear as "donut" shapes in the COR1 and COR2 telescopes because of the central occulter in these telescopes. The bigger the piece of debris appears, the closer it is to the telescope. Because the COR1 and COR2 images are generally built up from a series of images, the same piece of debris will often show up multiple times

gfc

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

You seem to be confusing spacecraft. SOHO is not STEREO B. STEREO B is operating normally.

That seems like a rather pissy question. Review the link.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
yep, sorry looks nothing like. Not convincing me.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

''NOTE: LACK OF DATA UPDATES. SOHO went into "Emergency Sun Reacquisition" mode...

How about people start to do a bit of research before posting stuff like this.
The STEREO craft that has the "donut" image is simply not the same as the SOHO craft that has gone into shutdown. One simple google search could have told you this.

As as for the donuts, nobody seems to have bothered to check the homepage for STEREO before going ape#...

These small debris particles are brightly illuminated by the Sun, and are easily seen by the coronagraphs if they wander into the field of view. They are tremendously out-of-focus, and often appear as "donut" shapes in the COR1 and COR2 telescopes because of the central occulter in these telescopes. The bigger the piece of debris appears, the closer it is to the telescope. Because the COR1 and COR2 images are generally built up from a series of images, the same piece of debris will often show up multiple times

gfc

And why do types like you never bother to actually watch the new information? The ''dust'' in the 2 pictures I present you with, and the artifact picture, looks nothing a like!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What new info is there that makes this more interesting?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I saw the link.
Nothing there changes the fact that you are talking about two different spacecraft and that you haven't provided any new information about the "object" seen in STEREO B.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

I at least imagine that some of the people giving stars felt as if it was news to them, and interesting news on top of that!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Didn't we just explain to these people what this was yesterday? Bokeh effect. The reason all these artifacts look like the same thing is because they are the same thing. Its the reflection of a piece of the optics basically bouncing off of small particles. Google or go to youtube and type in tether incident explained UFO hunters. I posted a link yesterday in the other thread which is pretty much the same as this one.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

I at least imagine that some of the people giving stars felt as if it was news to them, and interesting news on top of that!

Nothing new here. Everything in your OP is in the original thread including confusing STEREO and SOHO.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

And didnt I tell you yesterday that Bokeh effect cant take place on a camera that is focussed to infinity...or did you just conveniently not acknowledge my post yesterday.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ahhhh! More fantasy related interpretations of 'objects' seen in SOHO.

It reminds me of this very overdue Alien Invasion Next Month (with evidence)

*sigh*

At what point does 'I want to believe' turn into 'Aliens everywhere'?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Here is the UFO Hunters video explaining why all of the sources of light in the NASA tether video look the same, and showing how they reproduced the effect.

So bokeh doesn't seem to be the same phenomenon as the effect seems to be caused by the large mirrors? Similar but different? I'm no photography expert but their setup makes sense to me, can someone explain why their setup is wrong?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

*sigh*

You seem to be seeing things yourself, and why do you fear alien talk anyways ??

You said yesterday that noone actually knows what it is...so be it.

Why do you NOT believe it could be ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the people in power say.

They basically never want anyone to know what they do, and so tell us about dust again, make the universe super boring, and dull.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Its just NASA don't have a guts to make issues about it, I think they are scared enough to tell the truth.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
And didnt I tell you yesterday that Bokeh effect cant take place on a camera that is focussed to infinity...

NASA doesnt say it is Bokeh.

... appear as "donut" shapes in the COR1 and COR2 telescopes because of the central occulter in these telescopes.

gfc

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

Originally posted by Druscilla

*sigh*

You seem to be seeing things yourself, and why do you fear alien talk anyways ??

You said yesterday that noone actually knows what it is...so be it.

Why do you NOT believe it could be ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the people in power say.

They basically never want anyone to know what they do, and so tell us about dust again, make the universe super boring, and dull.

You seem to have me mistaken. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want aliens to happen.
Yes I DO!!!

1. Aliens happening will make all the big-eyed slack jaws that see aliens in their breakfast cereal ST*U.
2. It'll make me ST*U.
3. Hostile or friendly, it'll be interesting.
4. Hostile or friendly, it'll change the human race.

I really want aliens to happen. You don't even know.

Unfortunately, I've never seen one; not even a single UFO, though I've seen lots of things that some people might think are UFOs due their ignorance for things like satellite flare, and bolides.

I want to be absolutely sure before I wet myself out of excitement, thus, to avoid such nonsense, a critical view of everything presented in this arena is called for.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I read your past post with the message. But a quick question... If you focus your camera on an object 100 feet away and put your finger in front of the lens, are you left with a fuzzy pink silhouette in front of what is actually in focus 100 feet away? I'd say YES, since I have done it accidentally. If you focus on something a 1000 feet away and hang a thread in front of the camera, can you even see the thread? From my experience (and I have a few very good SLR's and a complete set of Hoyarex special effects filters), NO you can't see the thread, it's too thin, too close and out of focus.

So it would seem to me that these small to microscopic dust particles on the lens would be equally out of focus, if not more so due to proximity to the imaging sensors. The resulting pictures or video would not show anomalous structures and detail that are in an out of focus dust particle, they certainly wouldn't show visual symmetry where there is none.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join