It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try a whois on FB, Yahoo, Google etc. you will be surprised

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Try a whois on FB, Yahoo, goole etc. youwill be surprised

www.pastie.org

Recently run any whois queries on Google? No? How about Facebook? MSN, or Hotmail? Yahoo? You might be surprised, comparing the results.

Nice, innit? See the "Last Updated" part also.

The brand-protecting, anti-piracy company MarkMonitor Inc. has had all these DNS names under its control for several months now.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-5-2012 by Nobot because: typos

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I didn't see this topc covered here yet and it is my first post, so if my posting is already old news or doesn't fit here in any manner, plz move to the appropriate place.

I find it highly suspicious and interesting, that Markmonitor, Inc. can practically "own" one's internet ... just read the article and do the whois and tell me what's happening here ...

www.pastie.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So the Conan joke has come true...

“YouTube, Twitter and Facebook will merge to form one super time-wasting website called YouTwitFace”

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
not familiar with the source...
and the way its laid out(font,colors&size) make it hard to follow

+ I prefer moistee's

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Definitely a very interesting observations which needs to be looked into. It is odd that all these competing giants would be using the same DNS host.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What interests/concerns and even scares me a little is their name. "mark" "monitor".

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,

Given the constant erosion of privacy, and personal freedoms in general, it is no stretch to imagine that one of the many uses of the chip they plan to force upon us would be as proof of identity before being permitted access to the net.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Just do a whois on any site you trust and are familiar with and you will notice something quite interesting ...

Markmonitor being the Domain registrar for all those big players ...and some consequences are laid out in the link in my original post ...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobot

Hi nob,
Welcome to the fray.
I read the link but did not understand what was Breaking?
Most if not all the info is quite dated. Perhaps I am missing something.
good luck ljb

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

As I said, didn't find this topic covered here an ATS yet and didn't find another appropriate Forum than Alternative News either. The post in the source is from yesterday, the fact itself, markmonitor playing an important role for big web-players, seems to be a bit older since they registered those domains a few months ago ...Just a try to get some attention and thoughts about this ...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobot

this was posted a couple of days ago, here on ATS. but hey I'm no Mod :-) and probably it's a good thing that this story is brought up.

to be honest I don't know how to interpret this. I mean, I do understand about DNS services (I got some domains to run myself) but I don't know what it means that these big ones seem to use the same company, as I lack further information about the DNS service provider.

take care
edit on 7-5-2012 by NeverSleepingEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
My thoughts are that these are huge brands and MarkMonitor is apparently the leader in online brand protection.

From MarkMonitor's website...

Over half the Fortune 100 rely on MarkMonitor.

The guy who wrote the article seems to be reaching just a bit

This company has acquired complete access to monitor, eavesdrop, censor and fake any user of these popular Internet services in about one year (2011).

This would seem like a risky business plan for a successful domain registrar.

This is just a normal company out to make a buck just like all the others.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Zarniwoop because: woops

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
There is a thread on this already posted here - www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=837847

However, we do allow one thread per topic in BAN as well as one other forum so you're good.
Welcome to ATS by the way.

I think you're on to something very important here.
My suspicion is that this com.pany is simply a government front.
They saw how badly the public reacted to the "killswitch" idea.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I typed: Who is (My Name)?

All my links for facebook, twitter, soundcloud, reverbnation popped up with location of residency and all relatives and their location..Correct 100% except for phone number!

And I have a pseudonym under all those accounts except facebookbut they all showed up still?

Not digging this.
edit on 7-5-2012 by TotallyFEDup88 because: Spelled a few things wrong

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Good to know I'm safe by birth name. Anyone who links it with S/N trends and would be a different story. Wouldn't be hard to do, but at least I'm somewhat net-onymous for anyone who doesn't know any better.

S&F, friend.
Welcome.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I closed my facebook account a few months ago. I thought I would miss it but I surprised myself by not missing it at all. Google is next as soon as I figure out how to use my Android without it. I don't know if it will make an difference since Google makes Android.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TotallyFEDup88
I typed: Who is (My Name)?

All my links for facebook, twitter, soundcloud, reverbnation popped up with location of residency and all relatives and their location..Correct 100% except for phone number!

And I have a pseudonym under all those accounts except facebookbut they all showed up still?

Not digging this.
edit on 7-5-2012 by TotallyFEDup88 because: Spelled a few things wrong

where did you type that info in at?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Domain names are not owned by the person who registered it.

They are allowed to use it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It means that:
1 - Every single request you make to any of these servers can be recorded by this "Mark Monitor" company, these requests include:
a - Every single message you send
b - Every single picture you see
c - Every single click you make on any link
d - Any kind of information you have shared by browser's default

2 - It means also, that if these "Mark Monitor" goes completelly nuts, they just pull the plug and the "internet" for most of the people(for most of the people, internet - twitter, yahoo, google and facebook and NOTHING ELSE).

3 - It means that once these domains are in the same server, an interaction between them its as easy as a snap

4 - It means that you are under a "mark", that somehow, you(and me) are being controled, even here complaining in ATS.

Get ready folks, TS will HTF very VERY soon...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I think the mark is used in reference to target. There is no such thing as the mark of the beast.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I just did a whois on myself and while all the IMDB and TVGuide stuff was right, the rest was not.

So I've done a pretty good job of using aliases while surfing and such.

And since my stage name and real name are the same I'm pretty happy about the results.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join