It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Union ready to dissolve nations and become tyrannical super power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The reason I post this here is to ask who is this scrape tv? They look a weird bunch who take on real-world stories and create caricatures of them. Is their journalism of any meaningful news or analysis, or is it just outright rubbish? Thanks.

Scrapetv.com

There is little debate the European Union has had a lot of trouble over the last few years. Strife over membership, debates over sovereignty and of course most importantly the economic crisis which, while more or less stabilized now, is still a threat weighing heavily over the continent. Despite all that, though, few would argue that the EU hasn’t been a remarkable experiment particularly on that continent.

The E.U., though, has had trouble and that trouble will likely continue for a long time to come. The nature of the Union, with every country retaining its independence within a larger group, is part of what has caused so many of the problems. That is something everyone in the Union will agree with and a pivot point upon which the entire thing will stand or fall. Now, though, it appears that the leaders of the Union have a solution which involves absorbing every nation into itself and conquering every one that decides it wants to object.

“This is a plot by people who want to abolish nation states and create a United States of Europe. The whole thing is barmy. These people are determined to achieve their final objective. The only hope for Britain is to leave the EU and become an independent nation,” said Labour peer Lord Stoddart who didn’t actually present any evidence of such an action.

“I think, ultimately, we are probably going to be looking at an entire planet unified under a single government. That’s the only thing that really makes sense in the long term as the meaning of borders start to dissolve and evaporate, a process which is already happening as we speak. Frankly, that’s really the only way we will be able to stand against rebellious Martian colonies or alien invasions. We need to work as one,” said Scrape TV International analyst Gustav Hander. “Evolving into that and forcing it are two very different things, though, and trying to force people into doing things they don’t want to do is usually problematic at best. That kind of thing usually starts wars, which is kind of the opposite of what the EU was set up to do.”

It’s not clear if the new leader of the continent will be current EU President Herman Van Rompuy or some megalomaniacal tyrant as yet unseen.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
1. All caps doesn't make something more true.
2. I think we have the market cornered on tyrannical superpower.
3. They can't even deal with the debt crisis - how exactly is this superpower thing going to work?
edit on 7-5-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It could be remotely true that this is actually true.

I remember reading some years ago, an old transcript, that was made while the EU was still only a monetary union. It was a statement from one of the founding fathers that the union was made with one intent and one intent only;
to gather the countries of Europe into one in pretty much the same way the US is today.

It stated very clearly that this could only happen if it was slowly fed to the people, because people cannot accept rapid change... so they create steps. The first step sounds good. The promise of money, wealth and stability. Then they invent a consequence of that step or simply grab a natural occuring consequence and play on that.
The solution to that consequence will be more laws, more union... and that's how it keeps rolling.

None of us can fathom the bull# they are tossing at us. We have lost our will to fight. TV made damn sure of that...
Now we are close to the end, and we better start thinking of a way to counter them SOON. Otherwise the only solution will HAVE TO BE, full scale civil war to prevent the elite of ruining the future of ourselves and our children.

If one does break out in the US, then we should act fast and have at them here in Europe during the initial commotion there will be.

Make no mistake... they WILL make sure that EU turns into one union. This is undeniable. And your constitutions? File them upright in your nearest bin, because they will keep asking you to vote yes and put fear in your heads until the last country has been subjected to their dictatorship. Those who avoid this will have a few short years in hell as their economical systems will crash from sanctions from the USE, until they also subject to their will.
edit on 7/5/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
How do you dissolve a nation?

This is highly unlikely without a war or mass protests in my opinion.
Even putting it to a vote, it's very unlikely.

And what's going on with the Mars' colonies? lol.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I can't see this happening outside of the aftermath of a World War. Germany merging with France?? Ummm..Only when one is dead. I know they're all pretty chummy these days, but chummy has real hard limits and I think the last couple months have seen that proven very true with the on/off tension between those two as it is.

The idea of the others willingly giving their national control totally over is just too hard to believe. Each nation has others within the block that I just couldn't see populations accepting rule from and wouldn't the top job have to rotate just to make such a thing possible to discuss?

Hmmm.... A Frenchman setting policy for people in Austria....or an Austrian at the helm, setting policy for social laws in Paris. Or either one announcing a new EU law to change life in Berlin.

Nope.. I just can't see this happening without the total destruction and ruins of desperation coming from a time like the late 40's after the war.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Now how exactly would this happen with the election of Hollande and others in other EU countries that are very much resistant to German interference and fiscal discipline (read austerity)? The members of the EU are drifting apart and not together at this moment.

join