It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Axelrod, President Obama's Top Adviser, Defends Politicizing Bin Laden Raid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

David Axelrod, President Obama's Top Adviser, Defends Politicizing Bin Laden Raid

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-stein ]www.huffingtonpost.com

Sam Stein
www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-stein

David Axelrod, President Obama's Top Adviser, Defends Politicizing Bin Laden Raid · (0) Comments | Posted May 6, 2012 | 10:40 AM. WASHINGTON, D.C. ...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well what do we have here? Seems like some more campaign trail nonsense.

Hasn't this puppy been swatted around enough.

Why is the White House going on and on with this direction.

Can't they give us some good news?? Something worth while?

The economy? The end of world tension?

Why not just stick to Brittany, J Lloe or something worth looking at lol

I report you decide the best ljb

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Obama should have suited up and flew in the backseat of a fighter, landed on a aircraft carrier, and stood under a 30 foot sign saying "mission accomplished"...you know, a more subtle way of doing things

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So wait, for 8 years, the GOP politicized and publicly paraded 9/11 as it's personal battle cry and Obama uses an actual success of his administration as a political tool and now it's bad?

Seriously?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Why would they not go on with this direction? It would be stupid not to. When has a military op not been used as a part of politics? Sure they can sell getting out of Iraq, more jobs and a growing economy but, with stuff like that you can always counter with but, maybe it could be better. Killing Bin Laden is not something you can debate not being a success and that is why the Republicans fear it. Because you can bet if it had been a Republican in office they would be running with it just like having Bush flying in on a fighter for a mission accoplished photo op years before the war was close to being over or milking 911 for years. If Obama did not use this he would be stupid.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, I think most of you get it. Thanks for your ideas and opinions.

And yes the Jackasses do it to.

Startin to get the picture of the big fat Country Club now.

Why do they keep it alive if this is true?

Here is what is disturbing

Bin Laden Already Buried at Sea — 'According to Islamic ...
www.theblaze.com/stories/bin-laden-already-buried-at-sea-according-to-islam...

May 2, 2011 ... WASHINGTON (The Blaze/AP) -- A U.S. official says Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea. ... There are also reports that the U.S. did not want him buried on land so as to .... As for not inciting more violence, too late for that. ... I hope this backfires on bin Obama so badly that his defeat in 2012 is the new ...

Northerntruthseeker
northerntruthseeker.blogspot.com/ -

Federal judge denies request to release Osama bin Laden death ...
www.scribd.com/doc/91434149/Federal-judge-denies-request-to-release-Osama-bin Laden...

Apr 26, 2012 ... Plaintiff claims that DOD did not conduct an adequate search. ... See Transcript of President Obama's May 1, 2011, Remarks, available at ..... agency's overall classification decision,” in camera inspection may be necessary. .... records will pose a clear and grave risk of inciting violence and riots against U.S. ...

How it unfolded: The mission, the killing and the legacy of ...
www.news.com.au/world/osama-bin-laden-dead-us-has-the-body/story-fn8ljm6z-122604...

May 6, 2011 ... Castro says Obama "has no way to hide the fact that Osama was executed in ... the public of its belief that US involvement in Afghanistan is necessary. ..... He argued the image should not be released to the public because it was too graphic and may incite reprisals: .... Teen lifesaver Matt Barclay's funeral ...

Federal judge denies request to release Osama bin Laden death ...
www.scribd.com/doc/91434149/Federal-judge-denies-request-to-release-Osama-b...

Apr 26, 2012 ... Plaintiff claims that DOD did not conduct an adequate search. ... See Transcript of President Obama's May 1, 2011, Remarks, available at ..... agency's overall classification decision,” in camera inspection may be necessary. .... records will pose a clear and grave risk of inciting violence and riots against U.S. ...

???lbj

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A recently published book, MANHUNT, emphasizes the risks that Obama took when he decided on the raid.

It was NOT a question of "There's Bin Laden! Shall we go get him?"

It was more a question of "Nobody's actually seen Bin Laden, our spyplanes and satellites have nothing, our attempts to trace the phone calls and internet of Bin Laden's people have led nowhere, this house is deep inside our ALLY Pakistan, it's down the road from the national military academy, the Pakistanis will be mad as hell if we raid this house without telling them, and if we raid this house and Bin Laden isn't there we might as well resign right now and let the Republicans move in early."

White House experts were so unsure that Bin Laden was in that compound that they put the odds of success for the raid at a mere 40%. The evidence for Bin Laden's presence was so gossamer that I would think most political leaders - even reckless ones like Dubya and Reagan - would shy away from ordering the raid. When Obama decided on the raid he went against several of his advisers and took a tremendous risk entirely on his shoulders. Until Bin Laden was actually confronted and killed, nobody on our side knew for sure that Bin Laden was there. If, as the odds indicated, Obama was raiding the wrong place, the Republicans would never have let him off the hook for it, and it would have ruined our alliance with Pakistan.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

Very interesting. Who's side ARE you on?? BTW

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I was expecting them to use the raid from the beginning.The pictures of OBL's body will be released at the Democratic convention or near Election Day.Just convince enough people that their vote actually counts and the figurehead can keep "the nation safe."

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
I was expecting them to use the raid from the beginning.The pictures of OBL's body will be released at the Democratic convention or near Election Day.Just convince enough people that their vote actually counts and the figurehead can keep "the nation safe."

Hi mike,
What do you think they will look like?
Something suitable for viewing by his supporters?
Kinda in a neat clean loin cloth, with abundant virgins?
Or more like the Waco victims?
cheers ljb

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Guess the O camp is all up in arms about this:

America knows who deserves the credit for killing Osama Bin Laden - United States Navy SEALs and the American intelligence community. Join with Veterans for a Strong America and let President Obama know who really deserves the credit.

www.youtube.com...

Yeah it went viral! I can see why.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hi burn,
I would like to be the toxoplasmosis in his noggin watching the
synapse snap, cracknel and pop when he is speaking to the American public and the world at large.
lol ljb

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

As an informed outsider to American politics let me start off by saying that I have seen the unedited clips chopped to make that video. President Obama has on numerous occasions emphasized the hard work and commitment of Seal Team 6 along with all of America's men and women overseas in this victory. In his Weekly Address... he has emphasized giving back to veterans who come home looking for an education. So when I see an edited montage of President Obama saying "I" over an over again, I must encourage you to see this video:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

We will get a few head shots and that will be that.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
So wait, for 8 years, the GOP politicized and publicly paraded 9/11 as it's personal battle cry and Obama uses an actual success of his administration as a political tool and now it's bad?

Seriously?

Sadly yes, they are serious.
If only Obama had landed Top-Gun style on a carrier
with a giant banner that said "We got Him!"
(Except Obama really did have this "Mission Accomplished")
Maybe, that would be considered grand standing?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This whole "politicizing OBL's death" propaganda is pathetic. Every single incumbent president in history has used military accomplishments during his term as a platform in the next election. To think they shouldnt is downright stupid.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
This whole "politicizing OBL's death" propaganda is pathetic. Every single incumbent president in history has used military accomplishments during his term as a platform in the next election. To think they shouldnt is downright stupid.

Hi cap,
So are you saying the raid was real? And showing respect at that time was real?
But the heck with trying to be nice to Muslims NOW??
This is SMART??
Am I missing something?
thanks ljb

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Hi cap,
So are you saying the raid was real? And showing respect at that time was real?
But the heck with trying to be nice to Muslims NOW??
This is SMART??
Am I missing something?
thanks ljb

I think you are missing a lot, as I have NO IDEA how you got that out of my statement.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Hi cap,
They were questions. I am looking to understand your post better.
I was not trying to be rude or something.
Would you mind expanding on it a little?
just askin ljb

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Hi cap,
They were questions. I am looking to understand your post better.
I was not trying to be rude or something.
Would you mind expanding on it a little?
just askin ljb

Im not sure what you want me to expand on. My statements are pretty to-the-point. There is nothing wrong with a president using military accomplishments during his term as a platform to be reelected.

it doesnt matter if I believe the story or not. It is the "official" story, and therefore, will be presented as fact politically.

<<   2 >>

join