It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens: Aliens and Dinosaurs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

If you look in the mirror, or just walk outside, it's quite very obvious that the Chicxulube impact did not kill off ALL life on the planet,

Just another reason why alligators and turtles are still alive today. History's "Swamp People" would have never been the same if some swamp dinosaurs remained alive to this day. More seriously however, it seems as if everything was thrown at the dinosaurs from rocks from space to volcanic ash and who knows what else. Only a few mammals and underwater creatures managed to survive and well... the rest is a history of evolution.

Fun fact, people remark how reptiles evolved from birds or birds from dinosaurs. Well if you ever look at the foot of a parakeet or practically any other bird, it does look scaly. I've heard of hypotheses that T-Rex or some other dinos had feathers which complicates the discussion further.

edit on 7-5-2012 by MysteriousHusky because: To add a video.

edit on 7-5-2012 by MysteriousHusky because: to clarify a point.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And btw i'm not one of those people who believe everything which is written in books!!

Good for you.
We need more people that don't read, that are easily influenced by youtube, and social media to fill out the roles of uneducated menial labor, janitorial work, fry cooks, and unskilled service workers.

Keep up the good work.

Not in any of those jobs!!!

I dont care about degrees actually.... i'm more concerned about my health and being happy than working away for the sake of it in some job which means nothing to me.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't believe that mammalian birds were descended from dinosaurs. Present day... Earth based birds are descended from mammals. Birds grew scales on there feet to keep them rather clean and dry; not from some relative from a three toed dinosaur. The dinosaurs produced bird-like pterosaurs, just the the mammals created their own bird species thru evolutionary design.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 7-5-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 7-5-2012 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 7-5-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me why birds couldn't have been their own species in the Jurassic era? I mean, is there no evidence of birds then?
< br />
^ He would like to know.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
it was awesome, learned alot i didnt know and was blown away.

@ 26:00 all the Inca dinosaur drawings - very accurate stegasaurus, trex, etc

the mayan city/temple being as close to the yucatan asteroid collision as landly possible

the ankgor wat carving of a stegasaurus, again quite accurate

radioactive museum fossils having to be painted with lead

birds being todays living dinosaurs moreso than even reptiles

the likelihood of an asteroid being steered - or it being a nuclear- extermination

episode was totally awesome cause it explores so many possibilities as to why earth's dominant species for most of the time record is extinct now and we suddenly appeared only very relatively recently - and we are more small, fragile, vulnerable and our days too are inevitably numbered!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

the mayan city/temple being as close to the yucatan asteroid collision as landly possible

radioactive museum fossils having to be painted with lead

birds being todays living dinosaurs moreso than even reptiles

the likelihood of an asteroid being steered - or it being a nuclear- extermination

episode was totally awesome cause it explores so many possibilities as to why earth's dominant species for most of the time record is extinct now and we suddenly appeared only very relatively recently - and we are more small, fragile, vulnerable and our days too are inevitably numbered!

Did you even read any of the previous posts? Alot of the stuff your talking about turned out to be hoaxes and they mis-represented a lot of the facts. The Acambaro figurines and the stone and pottery work turned out to be largely false,

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
alot of the stuff?

im pretty shocked the pottery was fake but what else??

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

In truth, they bear little resemblance to the real deal.
And they are the Ica Stones, not the "Inca Stones."

Named after the Peruvian town of Ica, which is on the Ica River.

And yes, the stones, and the Acambaro figures, are both fakes, made by locals for money.

The truth is, it looks nothing like what we know the stegos looked like.

Also, why would you believe that a carving made no earlier than the 12th century AD would show a stego? Where are the stego bones in Cambodia? You should be aware that no stego fossils have ever been found in Cambodia, and no local oral traditions mention anything about anything like a stego.

And oral traditions going way further back than Angkor Wat do exist in Cambodia.

Sorry. You have been lied to, and you bought the lie. Good thing they didn't ask for your money (actually, they did - with their constant flashing of Giorgio and Erik's magazine name.)

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join