It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens: Aliens and Dinosaurs?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

The part of the brain without a labal, under the temporal lobe, that part of the brain is reptilian.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have not watched any of the AA series yet, but my boss told me about a AA show that depicts something about the bible story of Jonah and the Whale. He knew I would be interested in the subject --- because for years I've been trying to show one my of my alien photo's, to people that depicts a possible laser hologram image of a dinosauroid humanoid --- which also shows an image of Jonah getting spit out by the whale, because a T-Rex and and a pterosaur are biting on the neck of the whale.

Can you inform me of any AA story that would come close to the laser hologram image that the dinosauroid's were possibly trying to convey to me?

The approx. 65 million year old killer asteroid impact sealed the fate of the dinosaurs here on Earth. But other typical Earth type planet's, may not have suffered the same fate as our own Earth; making the possibility of highly advanced dinosauroid humanoid's, with the capability of interstellar travel extremely likely.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Love it when you post these truly wonderful shows and I do get inspired by them.

It my humble opinion they are amongst the very best shows ever produced on TV.

To some I am sure they don't learn from them, but I do and am sure millions could think the same way!

Love the ideas on soft tissue dna, the temples having dinosaur inscriptions in areas were they became instinct.
Lead painted dinosaur bones like Mike Bara mentioned to protect from radio activity etc.

Enjoy M. Cremo's India ancient text reflections and it's transcripts. Just when I become enamored with Sitchen's Enki and Enil Adapta, Alau, Cremo goes so far way back it time you have to wonder if there is a possibility of the earth being terra formed over billions of years. Like advanced biological farming were an extra terrestrial civilization making 365,000 year major earth changing visits etc. Lower case g (gods) that is

Such as an upper case G God that lets (fingers do the walking, yellow pages)
and lets humans fly off to planets when they need to etc. Such as needed resources, whether a new planet or to repair atmosphere, make new offspring either through dna manipulation etc.

I have to wonder, though I love the Lost Book of Enki, I have to wonder why the pyramids seem to be pointed towards Orion and not Nibiru. The way I see it, just take out the things that seem exciting and possibly true and leaving out things that don't make sense.

I have to agree with Lloyed Pye when he stated the 19th century Sumerians translators DIDN'T KNOW about high technology such as space craft, flying saucers, ETs, DNA.
So important not to worship those mainstream scholars as being 100% correct and that goes for "Sitchen is wrong biblical guy, M. Heiser.

This is the one great scholarly dangers that mainstream archeologist and bible translators fall victim to and that is not opening up to todays technology and it's relation to ancient history. Eventually there has to be a BETTER meeting of the minds or there is going to be a lot of humbled mainstream educators that deal with the old testament bible. Let alone new testament reformers as James E. Pagett etc.and even the amazing Helen Duncan dealing with ectoplasm and the visit of Christ to Mary and the apostles.

Really enjoyed ! WAy tO Go A.A. ! Great show!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

Doesn't prove that Reptilian Aliens exist but interesting none the less.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by NewerBeing

Humans evolved from mammals. Mammals evolved from Therapsids. Theraspids and Reptiles both branched off from the first animals with terrestrially adapted eggs (came from amphibians). Theraspids were the dominant type of land animal for a while and dinosaurs evolved during that time. They were little or mid sized ones then, just like mammals were under dinosaurs. Then a mass extinction happened and the Theraspids lost their dominant evolutionary place to the Dinosaurs. Eventually mammals branched from the Theraspids and the remaining Theraspids died off. Birds eventually branched off from dinosaurs and then finallly the dino-killer hit and then Mammals took the place as the dominant land animal and birds became the only living relative of the dinos. I'm guessing that after the next major mass extinction the rodents will take the helm.

Unless you are talking about the alien kind of reptilians. In that case I didn't watch the show and don't know what exactly they are speculating.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

So, what about lizards and crocodiles???? You havnt thought this through well enough!!

As for the Theory of Dinosaurs evolving to become Alien beings now capable of traveling through space??? I guess you gotta say its possible if we ourselves evolved from Apes!! (which i still dont believe btw).

TO the OP: A Meteor extinguished the dinosaurs??? Where is the evidence of such an event?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

[Snip]
TO the OP: A Meteor extinguished the dinosaurs??? Where is the evidence of such an event?

I never said it did? Actually I call it into question as well.If what you are relaying is a doubt of the comet/extinction explanation.

I simply used that in the OP as it is the mainstream theory/widely known and believed.

I believe that a lot of what we are told is pure conjecture.Guess work at best.I have no proof for or against the theory but I have my own doubts.
edit on 6-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

If you are entirely ignorant regarding the Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction event, I'd recommend you at least read the wiki: Cretaceous-Paleogene Extinction Event wiki

It was a large-scale mass extinction of animal and plant species in a geologically short period of time. Also known as the K–T extinction event (also called K–Pg), it is associated with a geological signature known variously as the K–T boundary,

Numerous groups of organisms became extinct during the K-Pg extinction event, most notably the non-avian dinosaurs. Non-avian dinosaur fossils are found only below the K–T boundary, indicating that they became extinct during the boundary event.

To supplement this, I'd also recommend reading about the Chicxulub Crater/Impact that occurred in the Yucatan area.
Chicxulub Crater wiki

The main evidence of such an impact, besides the crater itself, is contained in a thin layer of clay present in the K–Pg boundary across the world. In the late 1970s, the Alvarezes and colleagues reported that it contained an abnormally high concentration of iridium. Iridium levels in this layer reached 6 parts per billion by weight or more compared to 0.4 for the Earth's crust as a whole; in comparison, meteorites can contain around 470 parts per billion of this element. It was hypothesized that the iridium was spread into the atmosphere when the impactor was vaporized and settled across the Earth's surface amongst other material thrown up by the impact, producing the layer of iridium-enriched clay.

As far as evidence goes, there's a substantial wealth of it if you don't have any kind of aversion to actually reading and studying as some people seem to.

Further, if you've any doubts about the K-T boundary, grab a shovel. The boundary is a layer that's evident worldwide.
If you're anywhere that isn't geologically 'new', like most of the Hawaiian Islands, and other land masses formed over the last 65M years, then, you can grab a shovel, almost anywhere on the planet, and find the K-T boundary yourself, take samples, and get the samples tested.
Further in areas where there's been geological uplift and erosion of uplifted areas, you may even be able to see the K-T Boundary with your own eyes without much need for digging at all.

It's a routine university level field exercise for anyone following a Geology major.

If you'd like to know more about the K-T Boundary, you can also read more about it, as with the above linked sources on wiki: K-T Boundary wiki

The evidence for the Alvarez impact theory is supported by chondritic meteorites and asteroids which have an iridium concentration of ~455 parts per billion, much higher than ~0.3 parts per billion typical of the Earth's crust. Chromium isotopic anomalies found in Cretaceous–Tertiary boundary sediments are similar to those of an asteroid or a comet composed of carbonaceous chondrites. Shocked quartz granules and tektite glass spherules, indicative of an impact event, are also common in the K–T boundary, especially in deposits from around the Caribbean. All of these constituents are embedded in a layer of clay, which the Alvarez team interpreted as the debris spread all over the world by the impact.

Thus, if you are looking for evidence, there's more than a substantial wealth of it worldwide for you to see for yourself and consider.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

So, what about lizards and crocodiles???? You havnt thought this through well enough!!

As for the Theory of Dinosaurs evolving to become Alien beings now capable of traveling through space??? I guess you gotta say its possible if we ourselves evolved from Apes!! (which i still dont believe btw).

Point by point here:

Lizards and crocs are not dinosaurs nor are they descended from dinosaurs. They are reptiles. Dinosaurs were not reptiles, though they branched off from them. I should have said that birds are the only living descendants of dinosaurs instead of the only living relatives, though. They were warmblooded and have different body plans and in many cases had feathers or fur. The reptiles have 4 about evenly sized legs that just out from the side and are cold blooded.The two main groups of dinosaurs were the ones with two large hind legs and the smaller forearms and the sauropods, who had 4 legs straight under their bodies. Reptiles were better able to survive the post impact conditions than dinosaurs because they required a lot less food (part of being cold blooded). I would imagine some of the croc species died out, but a large enough number of them survived that crocs made it to the modern world. A lot of the lizard species we see probably came from smaller species of reptile.

And it is quite possible that sentient species evolved from dinosaurs. Regardless of how far they progressed in terms of technology no evidence of it would be left 65 million years later. But that means that it is only a possibility, and there is no way for us to know either way, unless they made it into space and left Earth permanently and one day decided to come back. Again, that is only a possibility.

As to what evidence there is that an asteroid killed them off: Worldwide, in the same geological layer we find all of the last and most recent dinosaur fossils (the layer that formed 65 million years ago) we find a uniform layer of the element Iridium. It is very rare on Earth and the best way to explain a uniform boundary of Iridium is that a big ass space rock with an abundance of the stuff hit the earth and dusted it with the element. There are other geological markers but I forget the specifics.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

In addition to your statements regarding reptiles, it's also worthy of consideration that many reptiles can go into a dormant hibernation state which would have afforded many reptiles a higher survival rate post-impact of the Chicxulube event.

Many other animal species evident today also display some ability to hibernate for conservation of energy over long periods like winter that would have occurred post impact due the amount of material in the atmosphere creating an artificial winter.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

There are some reports of frogs encapsulated in stone, springing back to life.

Nature never stops amazing!

Wikipedia
edit on 6-5-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
reply to post by Zeer0

The part of the brain without a labal, under the temporal lobe, that part of the brain is reptilian.

www.crystalinks.com...

Nope, that's the cerebellum.

The "reptilian brain" today is called the basal ganglia.

Turns out the triune brain hypothesis (where the idea of the reptilian brain was proposed) isn't consistent with established fact:

For example, the basal ganglia (structures derived from the floor of the forebrain and making up MacLean's reptilian complex) were shown to take up a much smaller portion of the forebrains of reptiles and birds (together called sauropsids) than previously supposed, and to exist in amphibians and fishes as well as mammals and sauropsids. Because the basal ganglia are found in the forebrains of all modern vertebrates, they most likely date to the common evolutionary ancestor of the vertebrates, more than 500 million years ago, rather than to the origin of reptiles. Sauropsids were shown to possess forebrain roof structures similar in connectivity and function to the cerebral cortex (MacLean's neomammalian complex) in mammals.[6][7] Because these structures look different from the corresponding forebrain roof structures in mammals, they were originally mistaken for a part of the basal ganglia.

Wiki

Harte

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

I have to say I was 50/50 on that episode. The pictures of dinosaurs in ancient tablets was ok

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Ok, so there is proof a Meteor hit the Earth??? It still doesnt mean it could have wiped all life from the planet!!

Even Scientists today are saying it could have been a 'Global warming effect' which did it.... apparently even the gas' from dinosaurs could have left this place uninhabitable!! According to an article i read today, the dino's could have produced more than 520 million tons of dioxide per year which compared to todays animals is like 5 times as much.... i wont quote which paper this is from as you will just say 'its from such and such paper and thats a tabloid' even though this is coming from British researchers and apparent 'experts' on the subject!!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The Earth 65 million years ago was hotter on average than it is today. It existed at an equilibrium with a higher amount of carbon dioxide in the air and a higher temperature and rainfall over large portions of the Earth. The increased rate of plant growth that the abundant CO2 (this is a lot of what plants build themselves out of) and water (another major component) is what allowed the very lush environments that supported such massive dinosaurs and populations. At least this is what I think I remember from my history of the Earth class. I might be thinking of the Carboniferous period.

If you compare the amounts of CO2 today to then or even to the previous few cycles of glacial minima and maxima we have a lot less. This is why I think we are jumping the gun on CO2 and that it is being used as an excuse to exert control and tax us. There have been stable periods of climate that are warmer and wetter with more CO2 in the atmosphere and life was thriving.

So the dinos would not have exhaled the Earth to death; the biosphere has many regulating mechanisms in place, both geological and biological, such as the plants absorbing CO2 and the sequestering of carbon in the form of coal and oil over long periods of time.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

True... CO2 is needed and lots of it by nature but i'd rather believe a thousand mag 1o Earthquakes happened at the same time around the World as there is much more evidence of this type of event and it still happens today, just look at 2004.... only took one Earthquake to wipe out over 200 thousand people!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Ok, so there is proof a Meteor hit the Earth??? It still doesnt mean it could have wiped all life from the planet!!

Nobody has claimed that it "wiped all life from the planet."

Regarding the dinosaurs, statistical analysis of the variation of species shows that the number of different species of dinosaurs had already taken an extremely steep nosedive in the few million years leading up to the K-T event.

Obviously, we're talking about counts of fossilized species here so it's not exactly a slam dunk. But if true, then something was going on already - climate change, disease, whatever - that was reducing the number of species (if not the number of individuals) of dinosaurs prior to the K-T event.

Fewer sopecies means less variation. Less variation means less adaptability. Unless current theory has changed (and I'm no paleontologist,) science today thinks that the impact might have merely been the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Harte

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I watched the show yesterday and I have no idea what they were on about, they seemed to do the usual what killed the dinosaurs then sprinkled the aliens and that crazy hair guy over it, can't actually remember weather they even tried to make a link.

I'll have another watch, but at one viewing it was a desperate attempt to make another AA show.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

If you look in the mirror, or just walk outside, it's quite very obvious that the Chicxulube impact did not kill off ALL life on the planet, but if did indeed have a very significant impact such so enough to kill off anything and everything that required pretty much it's own enormous weight in food every few days just to survive.

Of course you won't cite your sources like I have, because your argument has evolved from a squishy jellyfish and retains no real solid material of substance to it that it can even stand on one leg of credible validity.

My argument, however, has a skeleton, muscles, skin, teeth and nails to it with credible valid sources cited, where I could give you hundreds if not thousands more sources of material had I wanted to, but, I'm going to suggest you bake some cookies and go visit a high school science teacher for an afternoon of education and cookie eating.
You could also apply yourself to University, if you wanted to get an actual, real, solid education.

Global warming itself does not kill. It's also pretty common knowledge that this planet was MUCH steamier pre-impact from Chicxulube.
We also had a significant degree more Oxygen in the air, as well as a thicker atmosphere, but a portion of that got sucked out into space with the impact event. (yeah, it was that bad).

Evidence for thicker atmosphere with more oxygen? Giant dragonflies with 3ft wingspans, for one.

As far as earthquakes go; so what? It's not like dinosaurs lived inside high-rise condos. The earth shakes, they fall down, the earth stops shaking, and they get back up. Big deal.
Sure, in low lying coastal areas their might be oceanic inundation, but, most anything living in coastal areas was still partially amphibious anyway.

Earthquakes aren't near as dangerous as you might like to think they are, unless of course you live in a high-rise condo, or in coastal areas that may be at flood risk.

Earth shakes, you fall down, and when it stops shaking, you get back up and carry on eating plants, or eating other dinos that eat plants. I'm sure it was a huge challenge.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

LOL.... You speak as if you lived through the event which isnt the case!!

Experts in the field are still baffled by a lot of things and are still examining what actually happened but even then it is still guesswork.... no one living today can say what happened with any accuracy whatsoever....

And btw i'm not one of those people who believe everything which is written in books!!
edit on 7-5-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

And btw i'm not one of those people who believe everything which is written in books!!

Good for you.
We need more people that don't read, that are easily influenced by youtube, and social media to fill out the roles of uneducated menial labor, janitorial work, fry cooks, and unskilled service workers.

Keep up the good work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join