It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far we've come... Ron Paul on Talk TV in 1988 versus 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is a video of Ron Paul on the Morton Downey Jr. show in 1988. It has been posted here before but I'm specifically reviving it so we can compare what goes down then versus what happens in 2011 when he goes on the Jay Leno show.

We all know which side of the discussion we're contributing to. Which audience is likely to be the more informed?
The guts it took to stand his ground against that torrent... and I can't stop cracking up at his perfectly human and justified taunts back at the audience. I'm proud to see ourselves in 2011. The audience, not Leno's jokes.

EDIT: Here is a shorter one for those with limited time/bandwidth... where they specifically focus on then vs now.

edit on 2012/5/5 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Tell me about it! I'm not even American but I love this guy! He's your only hope!

Talk about never giving up, now he's found him self so close to presidency! If he couldn't do it this time round, you know he'd win hands down next time round!

Its a shame he's getting on in age now, I hope he sticks around long enough to lead America away from the clutched of the devil!

GO RON PAUL!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hm I will watch them later or tomorrow if I find time for it(they are long). I think many members think the same, could you write two or three sentences about how much he changed his views or what fundamentaly changed since then? Would be great

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

He doesn't change much if any himself in terms of his message and stances. We (the audience/citizens) have changed. Primarily due to the increased capacity for being an informed citizenry again via the internet and mobile technologies.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Save us obi ron pauloni!!! your our only hope!!!

may the force be with you!

dude i seriously hope to the big G that ron paul wins.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That Morton video is almost surreal. Can't believe people were that dumb back then.

I like the title of your YT video better than the one I used.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Nice, thank you

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Added a shorter one to the OP that talks specifically about then vs now.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Ahhh sorry... I would have just replied to yours. It didn't show up in the search. And yeah... more fair title is nice, heh.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
1988 - direct ad hominem attacks when Ron Paul owns debates
2000's - deflection when Paul owns debates

He's only got a lot more supporting facts and wisdom behind his stance now, also. I'd love to see a debate between Paul and "Constitutional scholar" (more like Constitutional mauler) Obama.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

No problem, I doubt you could have found it with the search.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul is great, I hope we can pull-off a victory. In this day and age I cannot figure why Paul is the only candidate of his type. It seems such a no-brainer that personal autonomy is the only just and fair system of government. If I were a politician I cannot see taking any other stance. Ron Paul is like garlic to a vampire; those who hate him are out to suck us dry, the haters of freedom and liberty.

Paul is the only one of his kind but there should soon be more on the way. Thank Dr. Paul for getting a whole new breed and generation of politician active in the process of government.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

A president willing to get right in the mix of it with real people... it's simply astounding.

He stands alone because the universe is a riddle. We The People are being given a choice.

What we choose this year dictates our entire future in ways that most can't comprehend.

This is a year of importance that makes 1776 look like child's play.

This will be the first truly peaceful revolution for individual rights... or the first truly peaceful securing of Tyranny over individuals. I have no doubt in the eventual success of the first option, regardless of the seeming odds.

Namaste!

new topics

top topics

join