It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Culture: A Reminder Of The Power Of Your Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
When we think of the world, it can seem so large that we feel miniscule and irrelevant. When we think of the pervasiveness of culture and celebrities, this can make us feel particularly irrelevant to the world, when we see how far-reaching the work of certain individuals are. The sense is that in the modern world there is a never before seen power and pervasiveness of culture and its icons, which consequently renders us an irrelevant nobody in the cultural machine. Now consider your own conceptualization of culture, mass media, music, movies, etc. You may say we have become over-obsessed with these things, causing us to by and large fit within pre-determined national or global molds. But I say to you that this is not true, but rather this represents the unparalleled evolution of the individual consciousness, simply not yet understood.

I, and some others who speak of spiritual matters, talk about how our reality is a construction of our own consciousness. That is to say that our reality is created by our own consciousness, and is itself our own consciousness interacting with itself through apparent individualization. If we are to be consistent with our understanding, this necessarily includes this massive cultural system we feel trapped within. Music, television, movies, etc. that reach millions upon millions of viewers are your own consciousness reaching a never before heard of audience, having a never before heard of range of influence. We're evolving, and this modern phenomena of mass cultural influence is a testament to the evolution of our own consciousness. If you are able to penetrate the 'illusion,' and see clearly, you will see that culture is the play of your own consciousness, working itself out on a mass scale. You cannot be trapped or disempowered in any way. In fact, if this is truly seen, all repression you have ever felt is removed, and you will feel empowered beyond what you have ever imagined. Nothing you perceive is beyond your own personal range of influence; what you perceive is the result of your range of influence.
edit on 5-5-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

I, and some others who speak of spiritual matters, talk about how our reality is a construction of our own consciousness. That is to say that our reality is created by our own consciousness, and is itself our own consciousness interacting with itself through apparent individualization.

If this is indeed true, does that mean I can re-create my reality to anything I want it to be? Or am I constrained by the collective?

If you are able to penetrate the 'illusion,' and see clearly, you will see that culture is the play of your own consciousness, working itself out on a mass scale. You cannot be trapped or disempowered in any way. In fact, if this is truly seen, all repression you have ever felt is removed, and you will feel empowered beyond what you have ever imagined. Nothing you perceive is beyond your own personal range of influence; what you perceive is the result of your range of influence.

How?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
If this is indeed true, does that mean I can re-create my reality to anything I want it to be? Or am I constrained by the collective?

Anything you want, if you can give it enough energy and have enough 'circular' feedback loops and sensory perceptions to confirm it and solidify it in your mind.

How?

How what?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Global communication has greatly advanced the understandings of the common man. This global network of communication, internet, entertainment, and media may very well be illustrative of our known or unknown niche within this universally shared consciousness.

Do celebrities effect our societies or do we effect celebrities? Both. Are there any differences beyond superficialities between the famous as compared to the anonymous? None.

There is a correspondence or interconnectivity between all.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Philosophically speaking, I think the power to create an entire reality for oneself is only possible outside of the physical dimension, where our wills are truly under our own power and there are no material objects that resist morphing no matter how much thought we put into it. Yes, I'd say physical reality is most definitely controlled by the collective, and by extension, that includes culture. Theoretically, I guess a person could go up against hundreds of millions of minds all saying "Ain't so!" and MAKE something so. That would take a good bit of power, though.
I'd think of mankind as a huge brain, with individuals as its neurons.

new topics

top topics

join