It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix, Iranian style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Ok the blue missile in the picture is Iranian made Phoenix. Iran will be exporting this among other military hardware.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by persian]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Where's your link to this ? It doesn't look like a Phoenix, besides doesn't the Phoenix only work with the AWG-9 radar carried on Tomcats ?

E_T

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Where's your link to this ? It doesn't look like a Phoenix, besides doesn't the Phoenix only work with the AWG-9 radar carried on Tomcats ?

Definitely not Phoenix.
And Phoenix and AWG-9 are weapon system.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
My guess is that it is an Vympel R-37 AAM, or a copy of one............

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I call that picture of the Iranian weapons....

Fun with ABS.

Looks fake to me

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Maybe HAWK misille? I heard Iran modified SA Hawk misilles for air-to-air role and they are using them isntead of Phoenix. They are big, heavy and have much shorter range than Phoenix, but they are better than nothing.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ok Persian whats your point. We can obviously see its not a Phoenix. So can we get some info on it, maybe a few specs. First the so called stealth missle now this. Why does Iran even want Phoenixes, in case your military forgot, Iran doesn't have any F-14s in flyable condition. This is due to a lack of spare parts and qualified mechanics to work on them.

P.S. I'm starting to get pretty skeptical about Iran's sudden military advances.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It doesn't look like a Phoenix, besides doesn't the Phoenix only work with the AWG-9 radar carried on Tomcats ?

This is an AIM-54 phoenix missile. If you would have had some military back ground you could tell.

in case your military forgot, Iran doesn't have any F-14s in flyable condition. This is due to a lack of spare parts and qualified mechanics to work on them.

It seems like you have hard rock evidence about this. If you do, then why don�t you share it with us.
I have already posted some pictures in of overhaul of all types of airplanes including F14s in the Air Craft project section. What is your proof?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by persian
This is an AIM-54 phoenix missile. If you would have had some military back ground you could tell.

Oh and you are
Who gives a sh!t if the Iranians have been able to copy a 30 year old missile; and even that's debatable. Besides what's the point Iran has FA F--14's anyway and even then, they are using the original ancient avionics

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Oh and you are Who gives a if the Iranians have been able to copy a 30 year old missile; and even that's debatable. Besides what's the point Iran has FA F--14's anyway and even then, they are using the original ancient avionics

Hey, nice comeback. Is that the best you could come up?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Oh and you are Who gives a if the Iranians have been able to copy a 30 year old missile; and even that's debatable. Besides what's the point Iran has FA F--14's anyway and even then, they are using the original ancient avionics

Hey, nice comeback. Is that the best you could come up?

Well yes, what else is there to talk about ? I don't even know why you posted this, who cares.
So far you have the one who has said nothing probably because you everyone else is right. I should be asking you is that all you could come up with

Where are the links to your information, posting dodgy pictures does not count as proof.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by mad scientist]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Can someone explain to me how showing a picture of a training missile demonstrates how Iran is now going to export a missile that is useless without the proper radar to go with it.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Can someone explain to me how showing a picture of a training missile demonstrates how Iran is now going to export a missile that is useless without the proper radar to go with it.

You don't. Even if this is some kind of Phoenix your right, it needs a specialized radar. Plus you need the only aircraft capable of carrying the Phoenix, and currently nobody produces F-14s anymore. Plus the US has the only flyable F-14s. Of course although outdated actual US made Phoenix's are still the all around best A2A missle ever made, sadly its got a price to match.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
You don't. Even if this is some kind of Phoenix your right, it needs a specialized radar. Plus you need the only aircraft capable of carrying the Phoenix, and currently nobody produces F-14s anymore. Plus the US has the only flyable F-14s. Of course although outdated actual US made Phoenix's are still the all around best A2A missle ever made, sadly its got a price to match.

Iran still has a couple of them that are still flying. They have found "alternate sources" for the parts that they need.

In addition, I think it is a stretch to call it the best A2A missile ever made. That is another topic for discussion.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'd always found it kind of ironic (given the long-standing rivalry between Arizona State University and the University of Arizona) that the Phoenix missile was built in Tucson.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Persian, Please provide a source to back up your claims.

top topics

join