It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cartoons visualize the Higgs boson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The Higgs boson, sometimes referred to as the "God Particle," is thought to be the force-carrier for a field that endows subatomic particles with varying values of mass.

The prime target for the $10 billion Large Hadron Collider is discovery and study of the Higgs boson — but what the heck is the Higgs, and what's it supposed to do? PHD Comics' Jorge Cham explains the quest in an animated cartoon that draws upon the expertise of Daniel Whiteson, a particle physicist from the University of California at Irvine who's working at Europe's CERN research center.

This is a pretty easy to watch video and it was interesting to hear their explanations and theories.

Another funny part in the article...

Almost two decades ago, Britain's science minister challenged experts to come up with an everyday explanation for the way the Higgs worked, and physicist David Miller came up with a comparison to Margaret Thatcher making her way through a crowded cocktail party.

Check out the rest of the article here

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The Higgs Boson Explained

Science & Technology
posted on 1-5-2012 @ 19:23
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Higgs Boson Explained by Cartoon

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I appreciate the replies, thread police.

I searched under the title of the article I read.

The search engine didn't pick it up. The supposedly "fixed" search engine is still terrible.

Please close the thread.

edit on 5/5/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

top topics

join