It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

music made me this way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I was listening to some of the music of my youth today and was completely intrigued to find some interesting things that have been the precursor to my questioning of reality, politics, conspiracy, etc.

First off an eye is upon you by powerman 5000

"Spinning complacently in the darkness
Covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives
False security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber
Wake Up!
An eye is upon you
Staring straight down and keenly through,
Seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be
Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.
SO face forward, with arms wide open and mind reeling
Your future has arrived...Are you ready to go?"

also... when worlds collide

What is it really
That's going on here
You've got your system for total control
So is there really anybody out there
Now watch us suffer cause we can't go
What is it really that is in your head
What little life that you had just died
I'm gonna be the one that's takin over
Now this is what it's like when worlds collide

system 11:11

theres a system to the system I dont fit in the system oh hell yeah you cant expect me to miss ya tryin to find the hole in the bottom of the soulless thinkin bout the world from the edge...

They know who you are

one for the robots that fill up the sky
and one for the demon that lights up your eyes
they know who you are they know who you are

catchin the theme from this one album alone?

I think alot of bands like this planted that seed for me and sent me down the path of questioning the reality of what is really going on outside of my personal bubble. Now this is just one band (I just happen to be listening at the moment) but when I started this thread I had other bands in mind to like like rage against the machine etc etc. These are the influences I grew up with and I think there was a little reverse brainwashing going on with this. At the time I was too caught up being a teen to really understand What was really being said seeing as my world at the time was really small and I had no real life experience with the world around me. On the other side of that coin though I believe a seed was planted that allowed me to break free of the sheeple and have control over my own mind. I was just wondering if anyone else feels that music has a huge influence on the way we view the world. Maybe we were programmed in a way to feel the way we feel about things and maybe this is the reason the music industry is so cookie cutter quality nowadays. anyway what yall think

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I was just thinking the same thing. I have been re-listening to bands like Good Charlotte, Sum 41, Green Day, Blink 182 and such and actually listening to the lyrics.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
While reading the previous posts, all I could think was "Powerman 500, Green day, Good Charlotte, Sum 41, Simple plan, they are all newer bands, man, now I feel old if they are the music of their childhood"

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Haha powerman 5000 was from the early 90's (not that album though) so thats pretty old to me. 20 years ago if you think about it

new topics

top topics

join