It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Magnet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well I am brand new and tend to be a traveling man. I was very happy to see that this site has developed over the years and has become a great outlet for people to express their opinions and it appears in some cases their hallucinations.

Florida is where I spend a lot of my time and still haven't been able to figure out why Florida always seems to find itself in the world news.

Is it all the hurricanes?
Is it all the terrorists that seem to start, train, or live here?
Is it Disney World?
Is it the loose ports across the state where only 2% of total shipments coming into the country are checked?

Please tell me why this state finds itself in the path of trouble over and over....

I look forward to participating in the continual growth of this site

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Welcome aboard infinite8!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Welcome aboard infinite8, much information is shared here! And, as you said, many hallucinations also-

I have family in Florida, and have lived there many years myself. I left- went to Alaska.

Originally posted by infinite8

Is it all the hurricanes?
Is it all the terrorists that seem to start, train, or live here?
Is it Disney World?
Is it the loose ports across the state where only 2% of total shipments coming into the country are checked?

Please tell me why this state finds itself in the path of trouble over and over....

Hurricanes? Always cause havoc and chaos. The terrorists? You would'nt think that they would be able to learn how to fly jets there, but.... Disney? Whew, what a bizarre place. Beautiful and entertaining, yes. I lived in Kissimmee for a couple of years, even had an annual world passport that gave me unlimited access to Disney (ex-wife worked there). If people only knew what happens in Lake Buena Vista (owned by Disney). You might as well say it is another country within the U.S. Nothing negative is made public. Kidnappings, Snow White's getting stabbed, etc. It all happens behind the gates of the "Magic Kingdom". The ports? Always has been an entry for a good portion of the illegal drugs in this country. Anything illegal, as far as that goes.
Texas/Bush Florida/Bush. Both have much in common, lol...
Anyhow, I'm rambling, we'll catch you around the board somewhere!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Welcome infinite8 to ATS feel free to u2u me if you need anything
cya around the site enjoy.

se7en

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the hellos so far. Not only have many of the terrorists trained here, but Florida has also received the contamination of Anthrax during the Anthrax Letter series. I also worked at the location where the jailed "dirty bomb" suspect was working while captured. I guess all of those Miami Vice reruns finally made it over to the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

That is certainly an interesting point that I never thought about very much - why Florida seems to be in the news so much... Maybe the terrorists like the state, much like the tourists do?!? (Nothing fun or tempting about the cornfields of Indiana, to say the least!)

I've heard rumors of horror stories about Disney cover-ups. Fascinating to say the least. They have their own little "gestapo", do they not? *Gepetto's (sp) gestapo* Heheheeee...

And I have to say - Florida to Alaska? BIG change in scenery there! I've been wanting to visit Alaska for years, and hope to go this year or next. If I like it as much as I think I will, I hope to move there myself!

Anyway - enough rambling... Again, WELCOME!

Great topic!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Journey, Alaska does sound kind of interesting. Have you been able to do any of your own searching out there yet? See anything strange in the sky? I'm sure that you will hear stories from the locals up there over time. I'd love to hear if you find anything interesting out there..

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Here's something interesting for you. A story from Miami, about alien bodies beung seen by Jackie Gleason with approval from Nixon. Its one of those stories that floats around concerning Miami.
www.presidentialufo.com...

Coral Castle is well known for the amazement that one man moved enormous stones weighing in the tons and made a castle with them. He did this in the 1900's without anyones help.
www.labyrinthina.com...

I have more details on this and will post them in a seperate post for discussion...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Ohhhh this is a good topic! I'm gonna like this one.

Having been born in raised in Southern Fl. I feel that I can be somewhat of an expert on this subject

There are many reasons why Fl is so attractive to the news.

1. No state tax..causes many people and compaines to go there.
2. The weather. It's warm, where else can you go in the middle of January and sit on a beach?
3. (Now this is my favorite.. this is not being predigest these are facts and if you go down to Miami you'll see for yourself). Southern Fl is a melting pot of clutures. You have every conceivable cluture living there. One of the biggest is the Cuban culture. After Mr. Carter let Castro dump all his criminals into Miami it has never been the same. Miami is one of the most corrupt citites in the nation (it even surpasses NY city). If you are not of Cuban decent and don't speak spanish, you will not get anywhere. The Cubans still think they're in Cuba and expect everyone to adhear to their ways. They stay in Miami and they don't move. Dade county is where Miami is located and above that you have Broward county. In Broward, you can go to any 7-11 and easily converse with the cashier. I will give anyone a $100 if you can find a convience store operator who speaks english in Miami.

I don't want to harp on Miami too much but it seems that's where the majority of the trouble orginates. The rest of the state is just a place for retire'es, snowbirds, and tourists.

So what it basically boils down to is FL is a magnet for trouble because..... People + no tax + nice weather + topless beaches= trouble nuff said?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Rancid, are you from Miami? Have you or do you live there? Have you ever been to Coral Castle, or seen the Nixon Compound on Key Biscayne? There is also a archeological circle they have found in Miami which is another topic in itself.

I have seen many changes in Miami over the decades, not all good, not all bad. Last time I went to a convenience store in Miami the middle-eastern man spoke almost perfect English.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Infinite8. Yes I am from Miami. I grew up there. I have been to all those sites that you've mentioned. I remember the day they discovered that circle and what an uproar it caused because the archeological people came in and declared it off limits and the people who discovered it were clearing the land to put up some building.

Heck, I remember the Parrots from Parrot Jungle hanging out in my friends backyard. I remember when hanging out at The Falls was "cool" and going to Dadeland was fun. Can't do that anymore... ooops there goes my age.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by rancid1]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Here you go Rancid, a story on the Miami Circle for you....this is a truly amazing find for archeologists.

www.hartford-hwp.com...

Yes I remember the days of the old Parrot Jungle in Pinecrest and I remember how people didn't mind going to Cutler Ridge Mall before the Falls was even open.

Yes it has changed, but thats what happens to big cities. They change. Some things for the better and some for good. One thing is for sure, change is inevitable.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
welcome

Why is Florida a magnet for all sort of oddities, I would have to say because of the heat, the culture(there isn't just one) and the geographic, magnetic location of the state is prime for affecting the magnetic fields of the human which in turn causes people in florida to go nuts and act up.

Just kidding, I have no idea why this lovely state I call home has become a magnet for news. perhaps because the brother of the President of the US is our governor we are getting more national media attention? I just don't know, I only hope we can get good news out of florida too and not just the bad stuff.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Worldwatcher, you bring up two good points. First being the magnetic attraction. I can't discount that. I don't know if it draws people here, but there are surely things going on off Miami, actually the famous Bermuda Triangle starts off of here. Thank you for reminding me of that.

As far as Jeb Bush, it sure is convenient to have your brother running the state where terrorists train and votes can be lost.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Infinite8!!!

Have fun and dont believe everything you read...

Originally posted by Journey
I have family in Florida, and have lived there many years myself. I left- went to Alaska.

Where bouts? I was born in Wasilla, and lived there 9 years.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Thanks buddy, just seems like everything is crazy down here. I will post a few more things tomorrow or Friday so you all can learn a little more about the crazyness in Florida..

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Welcome...

A lot of us floridians here...(which is another odd thing about an international site)... There's at least around 10 of us or so, we should all get together sometime, hehe....

I still can't believe we just had a beautiful hurricane-free weekend!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well its always nice to see a Floridian in the room, who are the rest of them besides thos who have posted here?

I will post some more information up soon on intereting things that pop up in our state.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I lived in Florida for a year and found it to have
a strange energy. Got too intense for me and I left.

new topics

top topics

join