It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In real life, "The Stand"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I put this here , for the reason it deals with how one that plays with "bugs" could unleash a SHTF bug/ virus, that would could do us all in. and here is one such possibility How many are infected ? How many could /would die if it is out are unknown.
The facts, the researcher is dead. He asked friends to take him to the hospital. Here is the link on the news www.mercurynews.com... Could this be the real life "The Stand" or "Contagion" ? One can only hope not...
"it will not be the nuke that does us in, but a bug the eye can not see"
edit on 3-5-2012 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Only difference in the stand the site would of been exterminated/cinged before it got out the lab, maybe imploded due to sensors aboveground going off.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Unlike the Stand , where yes you are right, alarms would go off. This is one case where it was either do to unknown happenstance or on god for bid... a reason. as in my last line in the OP post, it will be a bug that would do use in, is this the one? Now there are many out there, but a few in a lab that are man made, that do not need top security installations and this is where the bug could get out, by any number of ways. hole in glove unwashed hands,or opened vial. Take your pick, when it is meant to happen it will happen., just as if your hit by lightning or by a bus, if is meant to be it will be.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
one of my clients worked, for years, as a lab rat. He's a dr and his area of focus was on the bubonic plague. Apparently, there are many ways the cells can be manipulated and used for good. like botox, I guess.

The first time he told me what he was working on, I, half kidding, threw him out of the office.

there's no doubt in my mind that there will come a time where someone screws up and some deadly virus or disease is unleashed on society. There's a book about plum island that talks about the careless manner in which packages were left, overnight, unattended, by the ferry to plum island. packages containing all kinds of nasty things.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I agree with you, I just tend to have the glass is being poured type of view on these types of topics. good point

top topics

join